What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GRIMS Goes Outdoors

GRIMS

What's up IC? Its been awhile!

Better late than never... I haven't grown anything in years but that all changes now, and man am I excited. Even though I'm way more comfortable with indoor gardens I figured this outdoor grow will be fun, challenging, and educational for me & my buddy.

Method to the madness:

Doing 15 full season plants in the ground w/ mounds and a few extras that will probably be thrown in medium sized grow bags for head stash.

picture.php

I've got 20 yards of Pridelands soil from GreenGro being delivered tomorrow morning. I got their veg based soil (6-3-3.5) which is derived from: feather meal, bat guano, fish meal, seabird guanos, oyster shell, alfalfa meal, volcanic ash, blood meal, crab meal, rock phosphate, fish bone meal, glacier rock dust, sulfate of potash, langbeinite, and kelp meal. Wood biochar and lots of beneficial bacteria are also in the mix.
Later on in the season I'll be top dressing with GreenGro's Flower Finisher and Nature's Brix.

Just adding water and the occasional compost tea. KISS!

The flavors:

I scored on genetics, shoutout Endur :dance013:

Dosidos x Blueberry Syrup (1)
Quad OG x Pre 98 (1)
Starfighter x GDP f2 (1)
Wedding Cake (2)
Gelato 33 (2)
Gelato 41 (3)
Chem 91 (2)
Zkittlez (1)
Blueberry Syrup (5)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Any advice is much appreciated! Outdoor isn't something I'm too familiar with. I'll be updating often to keep it interesting.
Tomorrow I'll take some shots after transplant and upload them in the evening. Good vibes!

GRIMS

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome! Plant them up! Looking forward to watching them grow! Thanks for sharing! Phosphorous will help boost bloom growth, I recommend feeding with phosphorous fert late july-early oct.

Are the cages in the ground to prevent rodents?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I recommend pinching off the top growing point to encourage branching. It should increase yield! :smoke:

GRIMS

Awesome! Plant them up! Looking forward to watching them grow! Thanks for sharing! Phosphorous will help boost bloom growth, I recommend feeding with phosphorous fert late july-early oct.

Are the cages in the ground to prevent rodents?

Hey Pipeline, welcome to the show!
The ladies will definitely get a healthy dose of phosphorous after their veg time is up. This is my first time using GreenGro products but I've heard nothing but good things and love how simple it makes things. I was never a big fan of all the bottles.
And the cages are for rodents, mostly gophers... stay away from my root zone!

Cheers

PDX Dopesmoker

What's up IC? Its been awhile!

Better late than never... I haven't grown anything in years but that all changes now, and man am I excited. Even though I'm way more comfortable with indoor gardens I figured this outdoor grow will be fun, challenging, and educational for me.

Method to the madness:

Doing 15 full season plants in the ground w/ mounds and a few extras that will probably be thrown in medium sized grow bags for head stash.

View Image

I've got 20 yards of Pridelands soil from GreenGro being delivered tomorrow morning. I got their veg based soil (6-3-3.5) which is derived from: feather meal, bat guano, fish meal, seabird guanos, oyster shell, alfalfa meal, volcanic ash, blood meal, crab meal, rock phosphate, fish bone meal, glacier rock dust, sulfate of potash, langbeinite, and kelp meal. Wood biochar and lots of beneficial bacteria are also in the mix.
Later on in the season I'll be top dressing with GreenGro's Flower Finisher and Nature's Brix.

Just adding water and the occasional compost tea. KISS!

The flavors:

I scored on genetics, shoutout Endur :dance013:

Dosidos x Blueberry Syrup (1)
Quad OG x Pre 98 (1)
Starfighter x GDP f2 (1)
Wedding Cake (2)
Gelato 33 (2)
Gelato 41 (3)
Chem 91 (2)
Zkittlez (1)
Blueberry Syrup (5)

View Image

View Image

View Image

Any advice is much appreciated! Outdoor isn't something I'm too familiar with. I'll be updating often to keep it interesting.
Tomorrow I'll take some shots after transplant and upload them in the evening. Good vibes!

GRIMS

Thats a great lineup and those plants are already very large and the holes are nice and big, like about 50 gallons each, if those plants hook into the soil good and get going they could end up as real monsters depending on your latitude. What kinds of supports do you plan on using?
Is it safe to assume its all clones or are any of them from seed? I recognize most of those names, but a few of them could be seed plants. Any possibility of male plants? If you're planning to seed the whole garden then you'll need more supports than if you're growing sinsemilla.

GRIMS

Thats a great lineup and those plants are already very large and the holes are nice and big, like about 50 gallons each, if those plants hook into the soil good and get going they could end up as real monsters depending on your latitude. What kinds of supports do you plan on using?
Is it safe to assume its all clones or are any of them from seed? I recognize most of those names, but a few of them could be seed plants. Any possibility of male plants? If you're planning to seed the whole garden then you'll need more supports than if you're growing sinsemilla.

Yo! What up Dopesmoker?
I'm excited about the lineup as well. Everything is from clone except for the Dosidos x Blueberry Syrup which has already been sexed and is female.
The holes are no joke - 3.5' in diameter and 3' deep
Each plant will have its own SCROG made up of 4 stakes and wire caging. Hopefully that will do the trick, along with lots of training and occasional topping.

It's sort of a small area I'm working with so the holes are closer together than I'd like them to be but it is what it is. Might have to crawl around in there later in the season haha :dance013:

PDX Dopesmoker

It looks like it'll be a nice little marijuana jungle before too long, those plants you're moving in are already nice and large and healthy looking.

GRIMS

Hey everyone,
was too tired to post last night but I'm going to get to it tonight. Got some pictures earlier today! Stay tuned...

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It looks like it'll be a nice little marijuana jungle before too long, those plants you're moving in are already nice and large and healthy looking.

They aren't that big, they are in 1 gal containers and are single whips. Thats a flat of plants! Better late than never! They will catch up, believe me! Looking forward to the update! :smoke:

GRIMS

They aren't that big, they are in 1 gal containers and are single whips. Thats a flat of plants! Better late than never! They will catch up, believe me! Looking forward to the update! :smoke:

Yeah, definitely later than I would've liked. No worries though, I think they will catch up and perform well. Don't want them too tall anyways.

Uploading photos now :woohoo:

GRIMS

Everyone is in the ground and for the most part doing well except a few got slightly mangled from the wind night one. In a week or so they will bulk up and be more resilient in the wind, hopefully.

I've began pinching and topping some of the taller babes and I'm looking forward to see how they respond in the next few days.

Temp has been good, not too hot like it was a week or so ago, yet pretty good sunshine.

Got a sink installed with a nice little work space for putting together teas or whatever. Running a splitter off the faucet with two 25' hoses with two 10' hoses running off of each. Still have to flatten some dirt out and make walkways (my buddy and I have almost fucked our ankles up a few times out there ha) but that won't take too long.

Some photos...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll be out there later today to plant the remaining 3 clones into pots. Probably 45 gallons, for head stash. Watcha guys think?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome! Looks like decent soil there too! I would just pile it around the base of the plants! More roots mean more flowers! It will stabilize the plants too! They should do well! Thanks for sharing! :smoke:

GRIMS

I ended up finishing the documentation of this grow on Instagram. Apologies!
I did go back into the archives and found some pictures of the run to share. Enjoy

t post.jpg outdoor.jpg outdoor1.jpg dosi bbs.jpg quad og.jpg chemdog.jpg bbsyrup.jpg outdoor 2019.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts