What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Experienced growers please help

MatthewM19

Hi guys new to this site I've been coming across lots of new information. One of the things I've learned is Air Layering - the branch grow roots while connected to the mother plant for faster growth. Could you keep that branch connected with newfound root sticking out of branch and flower it would it grow buds and could you feed it with a drip emitter? It'd be like you're feeding from more than one source and possibly bigger plant?

Then 2nd question. I was using Foxfarm Ocean Forest my last run and got nutrient burn from using all kinds of advanced nutrient nutes/ff trio/sugaree/mycohorize and it flushed bad and sparked and I had to not smoke it. I learned coco coir is very easy to flush and is what everyone is converting to does soil taste better or does it come out the same but better due to better flushing with the coco?

Should I listen to his advice and go with this method?
5 Gallon Smart Pot
Hydroponic-Research VEG+bloom nutrients
40% Perlite
10% BioChar
50% Cyco Coco Coir
and Grow stones at the bottom of the bucket to help prevent root entanglement.

MatthewM19

Usually the air layering is meant for clones just wondering if this would work cause I can't come across any info bout it

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sparkly bud... sounds like you didn't flush long enough. And quite possibly added way too many nutes for the plant to handle. I can't say for sure but...

It sounds like you need some equipment so you can monitor your grow medium.
May I suggest a PPM meter and a pH probe/meter.
There is no need to change up your medium unless you want to stick with that medium for a while while you learn to dial in your grow techniques.
Learn to grow and what to look for first, then when you change your medium you will know what is happening to your plant. Coco is easy for some and can be a challenge for others.

I'd also like to suggest obtaining a hard copy grow guide of some sort.
My preference is Ed Rosenthals, Marijuana Growers Handbook (Oaksterdam U. Text book).

Welcome to the forum

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
**SNIP
I'd also like to suggest obtaining a hard copy grow guide of some sort.
My preference is Ed Rosenthals, Marijuana Growers Handbook (Oaksterdam U. Text book).

Welcome to the forum
I'll 2nd that :) and would also recommend Jorge Cervantes "The cannabis encyclopedia" Owning both, I prefer the content of the latter. :tiphat: All that being said, they sort of complement each other, but my main reference is Jorge.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
If you're planning to run VegBloom in coco you will have to pH the nutrient mix every time you feed or water. The biochar will help but is not necessary. Everything you need is in the VegBloom so you can go with just coco and perlite. With coco you don't need as much medium so you can go with a 3 gallon instead of a 5. Make sure to get run off everytime you water or feed to prevent salt buildups.

-Funk

Latest posts

Latest posts