What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

eric2028

Veteran
Great posts guys. Very interesting to hear your different techniques. I’ve been using microbelift(Bti) to keep the gnats away. It’s not enough though. What are you all using again? Here’s my day 21 defoliation. We do another on day 42 but it’s less intense. On day 42 we re just pulling large leaves that block light or airflow.
picture.php

Earlmarne

Great posts guys. Very interesting to hear your different techniques. I’ve been using microbelift(Bti) to keep the gnats away. It’s not enough though. What are you all using again? Here’s my day 21 defoliation. We do another on day 42 but it’s less intense. On day 42 we re just pulling large leaves that block light or airflow.
View Image
Sm90 maybe? Never had the nats. On the ppk thread I learned about using tangle foot on the base of my plant. If you do so use tape, I lost some plants due to stem rot by directly applying. I use the bti powder as a top dress, along with de. Hit em once every couple weeks with a strong solution of sm90. Are the the damn bugs that eat other bugs an option? Never used em
Do you always take and defol on day 21?
I ran through and took a lot of lower branching this round at day 20 I think. Worked amazing, just didnt take enough.
I also noticed that the side of my netting that I stripped fans from was considerably smaller than the stuff I couldnt reach. I was taking a handful all throughout the flower cycle. Still ended with lots of larf due to low light penetration.
Im extremely interested in how yall think on that? I see 2 avenues. Less filled in netting with a clean up on 21d and then let em be.
Or, maybe sticking to the days you are hitting em. Problem for me is access. This round I had no way to get to the back without breaking shit up front (design flaw).

Earlmarne

View Image
I love your rows. When I build my shop. Im going to build a light flower room with either 2 rows with walk down the middle or setting up with a walk on both sides of a 5 by 10 canopy.

sethimus

Eric2028 veg and stretch solution:

3 grams jacks 5-12-26
2.5 grams caltrate

145.837ppm N
43.33ppm P
178.45ppm K
120.83ppm Ca
52.5ppm Mg
68.33ppm S
2.5ppm iron
0.4167ppm Mn
0.125ppm Zn
0.125ppm Cu
0.4167ppm B
0.083ppm Mo

My recommend modification to Eric2028's veg and stretch formula (more caltrate):

3 grams jacks 5-12-26
3.32 grams caltrate

180ppm N
43.33ppm P
178.45ppm K
160.46ppm Ca
52.5ppm Mg
68.33ppm S
2.5ppm iron
0.4167ppm Mn
0.125ppm Zn
0.125ppm Cu
0.4167ppm B
0.083ppm Mo

Eric2028 bloom solution for after stretch ends:
(This is great as is)

3 grams jacks 5-12-26
2.5 grams caltrate
0.5 gram monopotassium phosphate

145.837ppm N
73.33ppm P
215.95ppm K
120.83ppm Ca
52.5ppm Mg
68.33ppm S
2.5ppm iron
0.4167ppm Mn
0.125ppm Zn
0.125ppm Cu
0.4167ppm B
0.083ppm Mo

hi, i would like to recreate your recipes, but i don't have any access to jack's, but i have access to compo hakaphos basis 4, a 4-16-32+6 base fertilizer.

with 6.6g of hakaphos, 7,6g of calcinit and 3g of epsom salts per 10l of ro water i'll get:

Nitrogen Total (N) 144,20
Phosphorus (P) 46,20
Potassium (K) 174,90
Magnesium (Mg) 53,16
Sulfur (S) 84,90
Calcium (Ca) 141,36
Iron (Fe) 2,64
Boron (B) 0,20
Manganese (Mn) 0,66
Zinc (Zn) 0,17
Molybdenum (Mo) 0,02
Copper (Cu) 0,40

if i add 1.2g of mkp i would get:

Nitrogen Total (N) 144,20
Phosphorus (P) 73,44
Potassium (K) 208,86
Magnesium (Mg) 53,16
Sulfur (S) 84,90
Calcium (Ca) 141,36
Iron (Fe) 2,64
Boron (B) 0,20
Manganese (Mn) 0,66
Zinc (Zn) 0,17
Molybdenum (Mo) 0,02
Copper (Cu) 0,40

would that be good enough in your opinion(s)? or is that too much ca for bloom?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

hello eric:tiphat: you are a pro w/skillz ...how many man hours did it take to do that leaf strip? ... peace 2 U

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have just started using root cleaner and it’s helped all but eliminate fungus knats in 3 gal coco pots. Of course it’s a little expensive but I have been running it once every 7-10 days through irrigation lines with no problems so it’s quick.

Last edited:

sethimus

did you apply it with a blower? i applied it loosly with a spoon but watering dtw several times a day it go wet quite fast, maybe it should stay dry for a while?

eric2028

Veteran
Sm90 maybe? Never had the nats. On the ppk thread I learned about using tangle foot on the base of my plant. If you do so use tape, I lost some plants due to stem rot by directly applying. I use the bti powder as a top dress, along with de. Hit em once every couple weeks with a strong solution of sm90. Are the the damn bugs that eat other bugs an option? Never used em
Do you always take and defol on day 21?
I ran through and took a lot of lower branching this round at day 20 I think. Worked amazing, just didnt take enough.
I also noticed that the side of my netting that I stripped fans from was considerably smaller than the stuff I couldnt reach. I was taking a handful all throughout the flower cycle. Still ended with lots of larf due to low light penetration.
Im extremely interested in how yall think on that? I see 2 avenues. Less filled in netting with a clean up on 21d and then let em be.
Or, maybe sticking to the days you are hitting em. Problem for me is access. This round I had no way to get to the back without breaking shit up front (design flaw).
I use to just prune between weeks 3 and 4. That is just taking lowers and cleaning up all the little stuff about halfway up. I think I like this defoliation better. It’s definitely better for light penetration and airflow. Also detecting issues with pest and fungus is easy. Then of course trimming is easier. I’m experimenting with less removal of lowers and bud sites currently. Why remove everything if it gets adequate light? We ll see... it would be rough to not have access. My rows are tight but we still squeeze through to get eyes on everything. You’ll just need to experiment and take some notes for Afew runs. Dial it in and find your standard. 🤟
hello eric:tiphat: you are a pro w/skillz ...how many man hours did it take to do that leaf strip? ... peace 2 U
Thank you! It took 2 people about 7 hours. These plants are only 5’ tall. Last run was too tall we had to stand on buckets to reach. It took FOREVER!!✌️

Hey Eric

See you choose the DE CMHs in the planning process of my room and was thinking of going with the dual bulb 630 nanos Any reason you decided to go DE?

eric2028

Veteran
Hey Eric

See you choose the DE CMHs in the planning process of my room and was thinking of going with the dual bulb 630 nanos Any reason you decided to go DE?
Hi. Mine are actually de hps fixtures. I would try the 630 cmh myself if I was gonna run cmh. But I’ve havnt ran em. ✌️

Last edited:

eric2028

Veteran
A preview

A preview

20k sqft new build. 84 spydr 2i per room. 4 bloom rooms. 3 tier rooms with moving pipp racks. 20 tons of cooling per room. This is phase 1 of 3. A sneak peak. We ll be running in October.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell yeah!!! I am 21 days flowering now everything is still awesome. Res's cloudy and looks off the whole time(still not using any chillers), but plants love it and the higher temps for the leds. Just adding hypogrow every sunday. Very interested in how the spydrs work out. I want the gavita line but I got COBS now and they are awesome I just think Gav line might be more easy to move and what not. My cobs are heavy as hell.