What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Morocco 2016

NotYourSaviour

Thanks for the update again, ChaosCatalunya!

It's indeed insane charging such prices as others pointed out. Already stated something in this thread too and personally will not support such development but in the end it's all about money and am sure there will be at least an exclusive market for tourists and the like at spanish Social Clubs and dutch coffeeshops.

Still in my humble opinion they should put such effort in their 'own' landrace and selecting proper phenotypes to stabalize genetics as this is something unique instead of generic western hybrids they are now growing there since a couple of years.

Though this takes some time and using feminized seeds from dubious 'seedbanks'(they're not breeders in my eyes)in Spain or whereever is way easier and more convenient.

Above all it's all about profit in the end there. Time will tell.

@Avinash.miles

As far as I was told 'Beldia' is - one of? -their 'own' traditional moroccan landraces they use since decades in the Rif.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Today I saw some of the new 2017 crop, 3x filtered first shake, not as fancy as the e60... way less, but the problem its that everybody wants the toptop, so it goes for a pretty silly price, compare to the "almost as good" 2and, 3rd, 4th shakes

Lots of effort being put into raising their standards, but also rank BHO and all the usual tricks cutting it with shit, dust etc.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day CC

I`m not understanding why people would pay 60 euro a gram ?
If it is the same resin . One lot with less contaminant . Buy the lower grade and put a bit more in the spliff ? Getting the same amount of resin in the spliff ?
Is it that the dry sift is capturing more terpenes ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

wasgedn

40 euro euro street hash...allright stuff...this stuff hadnt a stemp it hat 2palmtrees on paper label in the packing..next time i tell him to pack out the packet for me cause i want a picture eheh..facepalm..
for 40 dm back in days you would had get more then twice
picture.php

sry for non kontrast for seeing how big it is...the left piece is maybe 0,8cm *1,8 cm or so..
this stuff has some oil in it..not much but you can see it when heating up with lighter..anyway its pretty light color..
x hadnt to use heat to cut it...its near pretty soft...

def no hena is used anymore...but as you say some dust is in there (not much ,had others with more)...i kno this shit taste from working not tidy....
other thing i reallized
50 gramm plates are made to be fancy..mostly fake superhash but no total trash...
in never saw any 50 gram plates from 1996(eheh) to2016....only now in 17...

some not much....maybe they do it even just here...but some ..really not much... i only kno this from 1 thug dude which was getting tested in late 2000..
some had little hero in it...maybe 1/2 gramm max quality hero on 150 gram...dunno at least i would do it similar like this...what i kno for sure is that he was getting tested twice...
but i guess thats a rare thing and made in enduser country...the joy of illegality........isis had impact on refuggee stream which had heavy impact on local hashmarket over here..
most maroc is smuggled in fuel tanks....

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
people need to realize making hash thats real clean and good is labor intensive and low yielding. i never understand how people are willing to pay huge amounts for concentrate but they will baulk at paying a third of the price for top full melt clear dome hash.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
G `day CC

If it is the same resin . One lot with less contaminant . Buy the lower grade and put a bit more in the spliff ? Getting the same amount of resin in the spliff ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hi EB,

Yes, I am more in your field here... just put a bit more in... but for real hash connoisseurs, that is not good enough. Drugs that are stronger do not work the same if you dilute them 50%, but take twice as much, one of our real Doctors on here did explain the scientific reasons why, but it was late and we spoke of much, so sadly I dont remember the details.

Dry sift vs frozen dry sift is all about capturing extra terpenes, it is noticeable, but the mad price differences are due to low supply, high demand, more than any sane correlation to the excellence.

The guys who were wining the cups here are advancing every year, the people who pioneered the frozen dry sifting told me that their neighbours can be seen setting up freezer Igloos a few hundred meters away from them. I was shown a prototype FFRosin that will be their 2018 flagship that will probably win for them again, but he bar keeps on being raised, not that I am complaining.

wasgedn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Yes, I am more in your field here... just put a bit more in... but for real hash connoisseurs, that is not good enough. Drugs that are stronger do not work the same if you dilute them 50%, but take twice as much, one of our real Doctors on here did explain the scientific reasons why, but it was late and we spoke of much, so sadly I dont remember the details.
thats very interresting...
hate to come back on the heroin thing but maybe interesting on that topic ..it is so.that thc and opiate multiply themslefs 2-3 times or more in potency when get used in combination...

EDIT pharma is on to that.....
[/FONT]

NotYourSaviour

For the record: I know from personal experience how labor intensive hash making is but what happens in emerging countries respectively poor countries like Nepal or Morocco or what ever you want to call them is a bad joke. Again, there are some western groups involved making good profit while exploiting residents there for a not so accurate product
in the end.
As above all this all happens illegally and without any regulation may it be customer care( hygiene, quality control, purity et cetera)or worker protection and so on. Their amateurish intentions are then sold at half-assed approaches like spanish Social Clubs and dutch coffeeshops. Regarding both approaches there is no official quality control again and they're semi-legal as well(again, all what counts is profit
not the customer at all).
For these qualities they're acting like they would be officially regulated as say in Colorado, Usa(bad apples in industry there put aside)I have to pay such insane prices? Get real!
Only speculation though but I have a feeling if western countries legalise people in charge will be guided by those shitty black market prices then and making again good profits when setting up official prices, let alone tax them of course additionally.
Don't get me wrong I have a soft spot for traditional hashish(and know the risks mentioned above) and I'm no machine breaker regarding new techniques but such stuff takes the biscuit.

@wasup

Have seen those 50g slabs you mentioned this year, too. Agree with you here they were average quality so I declined.

The thing about hashish laced with smack you mentioned is a typically stoner myth to me though(no offence intended).
I heard from reliable sources that in India they sometimes do mixtures of opium and hashish in some
areas as a declared speciality but again not for a commercial market, as others pointed out since ages
this would be like cutting lead with gold pricewise if happening on a big scale. Rest is anti-drug propaganda saying there are greedy dealers trying to get customers hooked on opiates(though this will happen occassionally me thinks).
However, that case with this guy supposedly cut his hash with smack is maybe an exception but see above it makes no sense.
Especially as half a gram of pure smack(lets say pharmaceutical quality)has probably zero effect
on an amount of 150g hashish. This myth is easily disproved if you're taking a look at the lethal dose of heroin, let alone an average recreational dosage for the average opiate-naive human being, then one should realise this half gram hasn't got an impact on the effects of said hashish.
Though this is a good sales argument considering the myth of oh so mighty heroin which again is also anti-drug propaganda at its best(personally I don't either banalise or glorify the consumption of this drug. There is no 'soft drug' or 'hard drug' though to me. too long off-topic story of course.). So that dealer was indeed a prat or a better natured hobby homeopath thinking he can boost effects:laughing:.
Sad how seemingly many pushers and consuments don't know about basic knowledge regarding drugs ; one should treat them as sensitive as food or what ever you do with your body.

One thing is partly true though: Thc or some other cannabinoid(too lazy to look it up)boosts the effect of morphine so indeed you'd need less morphine for the same effect if combined with certain cannabinoids but not vice versa!
Nuff said:tiphat:!

wasgedn

with 0,01 gramm of heroin no 4 a not user can get sent
whenever they didnt used h4....
its simple thing to make stuff hookier...
i think this was made by people who brought both , hash and the brown in late 2000 ...edit no this was before 2003...
...the kurdish dailystoner dude got tested twice times , possitive on thc and opiate...and he wasnt for sure no opiate user....for sure not ...

EDIT i forgot to say he got tested cause he had some withdrawals after quitting smoking hash...

i also heard bout opium hash yea...must be an afghan,iranian thing

wasgedn

sry for bit of hijacking youre thread chaos

when x get some new maroc i will make a pic...

peace

wasgedn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Their amateurish intentions are then sold at half-assed approaches like spanish Social Clubs and dutch coffeeshops
when the owner is dumb enough to buy it....
it has nothing to do with
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Their amateurish intentions
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] what a marocan farmer smokes has nothing to do what is sold in other countrys...
but i can remember days holland coffeshops had finest maroc and nepali...sero dust...
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]

H

HaHaHashish

G `day CC

You are not alone! but there are people out there who think driving a base model Boxter is slumming it and so paying $60 Euro per gram of the best is not even a consideration for them..

You are right to some extent, but Chaos is spot on by saying that the purer the dry sift is, the harder hitting and stronger the high will be. One small bowl of nearly pure resin heads will zing your brain way more than with a double sized bowl of resin that is half as pure (to me the contaminant gives a lower, heavier high, it's still good, but purer resin elevates and warms ears, sweats your forehead and blasts you higher)...it's almost as if smoking contaminated resin is a waste of resin lol. But the yields from making very pure dry sift are low, (Sam Skunkman yields 10 grams of 99.9% resin from a kilo of good starting material) so most people compromise between good purity and good yields. If I smoked pure resin everyday, all day then I would have to grown ten times more bud but cannot! so I smoke some good dry sift I made when I have it.

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]thats very interresting...
hate to come back on the heroin thing but maybe interesting on that topic ..it is so.that thc and opiate multiply themslefs 2-3 times or more in potency when get used in combination...

EDIT pharma is on to that.....
[/FONT]

Already in the UK there is shit moroccan hash cut with shit shit shit dirty BHO, lets pray to whatever god or popstar you like that someone does not start messing with Fetanyl and killing people.

A Moroccan I know here says that he "wouldn't smoke any Moroccan hash outside Morocco"

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
./......it's almost as if smoking contaminated resin is a waste of resin lol. But the yields from making very pure dry sift are low, (Sam Skunkman yields 10 grams of 99.9% resin from a kilo of good starting material)

If "good starting material" is 4k/, that dry sift costs 400/g, for those complaining about the 60/g price... FWIW, IIRC the guy who made the cup winng entry said that they were getting 3%.

Yes EB, it is wierd how slightly less strong hash, mixed with tobacco in a joint, or smoked in a bong just cannot get you to the same place. One of IC Mag's real Doctors did explain it to me in medical terms, but I had been smoking too much by then to really remember it :(

It is a principle that applies to medical drugs, alcohol, cannabis.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
surely if they are employing modern extraction techniques and using modern strains then the price should be lower ?

NotYourSaviour

Again, I doubt they cut more or less expensive fentanyl with hashish(still the thing about smack is utter bullshit considering mentioned amounts, just read my previous post properly). In theory everything is possible though. Fingers crossed indeed it won't happen.
Believe it or not but had fentanyl in mind too when I corrected that stoner myth(which drive me mad to some point, especially as around since ages and most of them are disproved) but forgot about it. Just edited what I wrote about it as this topic makes me sick and only causes misunderstandings in this thread obviously.

So let's talk about hashish instead.
Cutting hash with BHO? Definitely me thinks and I mentioned this before elsewhere on here, such a shame!

However, am no doctor by any means but claim to know a bit about pharmacology and I think the purer a drug is the faster it is absorbed by the body/blood stream/blood brain barrier and kicks in much faster therefore, too(receptors and all that).
Then subjectively it is a lot more intense feeling then(depending on form of application of course)in opposite to a slow building up with less 'potent' gear.
Just my two cents.

Last edited:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Already in the UK there is shit moroccan hash cut with shit shit shit dirty BHO, lets pray to whatever god or popstar you like that someone does not start messing with Fetanyl and killing people.

A Moroccan I know here says that he "wouldn't smoke any Moroccan hash outside Morocco"

reminds of when we diesel hash was all the rage ,,yuk

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
surely if they are employing modern extraction techniques and using modern strains then the price should be lower ?

They are starting to modernise, but it is 1000s of different rival farmers who were growing males because the didnt approve of killing them, on religous grounds, was what I was told. Quite a few lease their fields to Europeans of many nationalities, one in particular. These guys are normally at the forefront of innovation in harvest techniques and genetics.

From what I hear, people bought up pretty much every seed in the market, and tried them. When you are growing on a hot Moroccan mountainside, then making hash with it, you need a tough plant that gives good hash.. So Cookies and similar indoor tarts fail, they cannot take the climate outside, or the hash that they give is Meh... Either way, this big selection that many have done has thrown up a number of winners.

Barbara Bud is the new big thing, wins cups, is many hash lovers favourite, a Shiskaberry x Afghani from HotGG, but Nicole Kush and 24K also seem to do well, and Barbara Nicole is showing up.OG and Amnesia I have also tried, pretty rubbish surprisingly.

Latest posts

Latest posts