What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

making hash!

the gnome

Veteran
Damn Gnome, you got some chunks there!

yeah cat, it's near impossible to put it in a bag and not have it clump together it's so sticky.
I had great quality starting material.

I got this nice and powdered out tho

c'mon cat!
smoke a bowl of hash??
:smoke:
picture.php

Catatafish

Veteran
Im gonna need to read up on what you did after i get some more saved up. Im liking your results much better than when i used to do it. Maybe a spring time project in the making :)

the gnome

Veteran
when you get ready let me know and we'll go over it,
it was super easy and the screens used are 1/10th the cost of the bag equivilent,
to bad you don't live closer cat,
we could do up a hash bash *pressing party* :D
:party:

Lester Moore

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I never made bubble before but 1 gram per ounce of popcorn and trim does seem lioke more would have been had.
but as said earlierwhat tour working with has a direct to what you'll yield
how much of the stuff above 80 did you get?

sorry for all the Qs but I'm new and trying to absorb all I can.
[/FONT]
so what is that type of product? not bubble, so how did you get that? looks awesome! sorry newbie to hash making here..

Lester Moore

Veteran
so, new at this. but the link I clicked on that you sent... ya pretty lame. actually really stupid.. I must have clicked on the wrong link or I was right, that Gnome is holding an empty BB gun..

seymourbud

Hey Gnome, I am very interested to hear where you found inexpensive stainless steel screen in 80 micron to 150 micron sizes. I also would like to know how you were able to frame them in order to give the screens some rigidity. I have some kief that was has loads of contaminants in it, it was hand sifted in a container with ~130-150 micron screen. Now I would like to further refine it and remove some of the contaminants. So I was thinking about a 110 micron screen and an 80 micron screen, to get two grades of sift. Any thoughts about this plan?

the gnome

Veteran
seymour these aren't SS, and check US plastics.com
they come in 600
100mic screens mounted in a 6inch or so collar that fits 5gal pails.
or sized for a 55gal barrel for $12
they're around $4.50, for the 5G size.....
you can't beat that price.
you can cut the screen out and fit it to your own personalized whatever.a
s far as a plan.. lol
your asking the wrong person, I'm new to this but as tropicanna said earlier the larger trichs start at around 120 mics so going smaller than that from material sifted from too large a size before hand will lose you some resin heads.
too bad these screens only come a couple sizes we can use, but the 200 worked great for me starting the sift runs