What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHOgart Extractor Thread

apollojmr

I am having issues in the hot ass humidity in the midwest and I hope that the weather cools down soon. Anyone have any ideas on how to run successfully in this weather?

apollojmr

Bhogart 1 Lbs Water Jacket Collection Pot

Bhogart 1 Lbs Water Jacket Collection Pot

Hey I have a 1 lbs water jacket collection pot that I received from Bhogart a few months ago and I am not going to use it. If anyone is interested in it let me know. Maybe we can work out a trade. It is similar the chopper stopper tank, but not as big. :dance013:

golden_grams

bhogart 5lb system. light color? recovery time?

bhogart 5lb system. light color? recovery time?

we just picked up a five pound Bozarth extractor the yield is extremely good but we're still having trouble pulling that light color the material were using is extremely good no fan leaves no stand here sugaTrim and big run.we're recovering at negative 22 HG. USING A across international vac oven at 84 degrees .any tips on achieving the lighter color shatter. ??
Also these runs are taking us 3plus hours with three dumps that were doing the recovering is taking the most time

Jslump510

i would try 1 or 2 floods at most then clean it out 3 floods is alot unless your at extremely low temps on your tane. just my 2 cents, you can always re wash your trim for b grade darker stuff for food and so on but try 1 flood and see the difference in color and yield and go from there.good luck

Zipsort

we just picked up a five pound Bozarth extractor the yield is extremely good but we're still having trouble pulling that light color the material were using is extremely good no fan leaves no stand here sugaTrim and big run.we're recovering at negative 22 HG. USING A across international vac oven at 84 degrees .any tips on achieving the lighter color shatter. ??
Also these runs are taking us 3plus hours with three dumps that were doing the recovering is taking the most time

Yeah, only do one pass. If it comes out dark still, its your material, no way around that. 3 is way to many tho, MAYBE two but usually only one

golden_grams

okay well I'll have to try that in the directions and from what they told us at Bhogart in person is to run it at least three times..
even after I run my trim 3 times when I pull it out of the and it still looks good smells good and has kief coming off of it.
Will only doing one run cut down on my yield?as of right now this poses a five-pound unit only holds 1200 grams at the mostand off of those 1200 grams were yielding about 200 grams are soOf shatter

Jslump510

Think of it like water hash theres deferent grades first pass you get most of the good stuff which give you a high grade product ever pass after you are pulling the rest the thc and also more plant lipids and waxes too, so it may get a little more weight but also gets more low grade stuff mixed in as well an like zipsort said if its dark run 1 then its your trim.

Dab Strudel

Try to use less in the material tube and use as much tane for one full pass, thus grabbing more good stuff while not grabbing the bad stuff. Multipul runs on the same material grabs waxes and in some cases turns your decent product into dark crap. Bring your temps down between 0 to -20 without having to change out any gaskets or clamps. do it by making a heat exchanger (check IC69 thread)

HankMoney

BHOGART 10# Extractor setup help.

BHOGART 10# Extractor setup help.

I have 2-shelled heat exchangers, only one in the pic. 2-5# liquid cooled jacked material columns. What kind of chiller do I need to run both heat exchangers? One is for solvent going into the material, the other is for solvent collection. What kind of chiller do I need for the 2-5# material tubes? Do I need a heat bath for the collection reservoir or will the aquarium pump and heater work? Last but not least any resources on how to put it all together would be very much appreciated.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I have 2-shelled heat exchangers, only one in the pic. 2-5# liquid cooled jacked material columns. What kind of chiller do I need to run both heat exchangers? One is for solvent going into the material, the other is for solvent collection. What kind of chiller do I need for the 2-5# material tubes? Do I need a heat bath for the collection reservoir or will the aquarium pump and heater work? Last but not least any resources on how to put it all together would be very much appreciated.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77623&pictureid=1868931&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I would start here (for what not to do) - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=266761

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Good deal. Safety has to be number one priority at all times. You can certainly DIY your cooling tech (dry ice or recirculating glycol/ethanol mixture) or spend some serious coin on a proper one - https://extractionchiller.com/ A lab-grade chiller would give more precise control of temps, but dry ice can probably push temps colder for cheaper. Not sure on the need for heating, but I would think it is same gear for short path.

I think the question that you need to be asking involves what temps should be at various places at different times in process. Once you figure this out (and understand the flow), you will have a better understanding on how to achieve those temperatures for best results.

Zipsort

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77623&pictureid=1868931&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

You cannot run a chiller on the recovery exchanger. Chillers are not designed to remove heat that is being produced, only to chill things.

You have to run ice water thru it and keep up with it (or spend 25k on a refrigerant chiller)

Any old chiller will work for the tubes tho.