What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best e-cig for wax/ hash

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Glass Globe (only $20!!) arrived yesterday...
...stupidly i sent it to an address i only can get mail from on weekdays! Shitfuck.

View Image

Guess ill have to wait another 24 hours till i can try it out.

Does anyone know if/how to condition these setups?

Cheers,
Budelight

Let someone else take the first rips? We just fired ours up and started passing it.

hammalamma

Veteran
i've been learning more and more and more about vape pens/e-cigs.

i now have successfully re-wicked a bottom coil clearomizer using cotton. i now know how to re-coil (youtube, lol ) and have ordered the 32 gauge kanthal wire.

i am more than certain these ceramic heads can be re-wicked with cotton. i will take one that i have mostly worn out (although now a re-wicking will prolly fix it) and see if i can take it apart and do a re-coil also.

I've been playing around with rebuild-able dripping atomizers, they are pretty cool. Watch your ohms when rebuilding, you can mess up your pen or battery.

Have you seen what people are doing with the ss mesh? Looks very promising for our usage. I will have to get some to try out.

I am slowly learning that lack of airflow is one of the biggest problems for these portable vaporizers. Opening up the path for air and using low resistance coils will give you a much better rip.

Alter_Ego

Hamma

RDA's (rebuildable dripping atomizers) are a good choice for this use. I would personally prefer SS Mesh over what I assume you are using (Silica Wick) because you end up getting less concentrates stuck in the wick, as the silica is a rope/string like material. If you insist on sticking with silica, I would suggest changing over to Ekowool instead in 2mm size.

Low resistance coils are perfect but be careful with sub-ohm coils. There are quite a few RDA's out there that have adjustable air flow, or you can open up your current one by drilling it out slightly larger than originally. A lot of battery mods also sport adjustable air flow.

Here is an example of an adjustable air flow RDA called the Trident. As China clones shit every other day you can pick up this bad boy for roughly $16 shipped

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10005256/1436802-trident-24k-gold-plated-rebuildable-atomizer

Alter_Ego

Right now I am looking around for the lowest price/best setup for the job.

Everytime I throw a dab on one of my unicorn devices I cringe.

So far for a whole setup the cheapest I have found is roughly 17 bucks. ($6 RDA $11 battery mod) That is a mechanical mod + RDA, you would still need the 8 dollar battery and a charger. Then again, I've only looked for 3 minutes now I'm sure I can do better.

Alter_Ego

Honestly though this could all be accomplished with a Cisco 306 and a Variable Voltage mod.

Oh, if you all are still into those little bulb things I found the bulbs for $6.50 and the replacement heads (what someone asked about) for $1.68

snooze

I've tried a number of pens including the atmos, I HIGHLY recommend silver surfer VIP. I just tried it this past weekend, and its by far the best I've used. You can use oil or bubble, and there are no plastic parts. The screen is easy to clean since the part that holds it screws off and you can soak it in olive oil, and then wash it with soap to get it squeaky clean.

theJointedOne

Veteran
any pens that use medical grade only parts? id love to throw bubble in a pen, but ive broken down a few of these pens and they all seem to be made in china with little to no regard for the health effect on the consumer.

once the market is more regulated, the best will rise im sure.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
whats your opinion on the new vip1 and vip2 from ssv?

Although I have never seen or used one...

From what I see on the website, I can guarantee you its an extremely overpriced ego battery with a lcd screen and an attachment that costs $5-$8 from Alibaba...

Nothing is really new in this industry, its all the same parts, rebranded over and over...

No one wants to put money and effort into a new product, because the Chinese will clone it and sell for 10% of the original price..

Calimed

Veteran
What do you think of generic dube pens as a promotional tool for people unfamiliar with bho?

Calimed

Veteran
The kelvin V5's, which are rebranded as the white rhino dube. They cost 10 bucks in bulk... Looking for something that is easy, cheap, and works to hand out to people.

krunchbubble

Veteran
They would work, to a point...

Those size e-cigs work at 3.3volts on a full charge, and every hit the voltage goes down...

Im pretty sure they dont get hot enough. What would happen is when you put oil on top of the coil, it will vape the oil that hits the coil, but the rest would just slide off or just pool and drown the coil...

If you put very little oil, it may work. But, is it worth it at that point?

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Anyone have any questions on this subject?

Expert at this point...
Got the Vaped Micro attachment. I've discovered there are 3 types of heads which are replaceable.
glass-globe-tank-atomizer-for-wax-oil-or-concentrate-510-threading.jpg

Which do you prefer, what's the difference, what works best?

Version 1
attachment.php

Version 2
attachment.php

Version 3 ("2014 version")
attachment.php

Edit: Just found this forth one, never seen it before
attachment.php

Attachments

• $T2eC16Z,!yEE9s5jGJyyBSMSSSfIE!~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16Z,!yEE9s5jGJyyBSMSSSfIE!~~60_12.JPG
    2.9 KB · Views: 10
  • $(KGrHqJHJBwFIuoN8P+8BSNPlQPv6w~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqJHJBwFIuoN8P+8BSNPlQPv6w~~60_12.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 9
  • $T2eC16JHJIMFHJhu+,j7BSLnyfPLG!~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16JHJIMFHJhu+,j7BSLnyfPLG!~~60_12.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 13
  • $(KGrHqRHJFEFH3lUYitjBSFoMzjPR!~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqRHJFEFH3lUYitjBSFoMzjPR!~~60_57.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 11

baked33

I picked up a 710 pen out of curiosity so here's my quick review. Battery has a led display counting the hits and battery use, it has the 510 threading.The carts that came with them work ok, but you have to keep putting a dab on every couple hits. I'm looking for some rebuildable carts now that can load plenty for a day trip without having to refill. I also picked up the gentleman's dry herb cartridges which worked ok for a couple fills, burned out way too quickly for the price. Overall it is basically a rebranded 510 ecig, but it hooked me into this little e pen hobby. Much better than carrying around pipe and lighter, just need some decent cartridges.

krunchbubble

Veteran
Got the Vaped Micro attachment. I've discovered there are 3 types of heads which are replaceable.

Which do you prefer, what's the difference, what works best?

Version 1
View Image

Version 2
View Image

Version 3 ("2014 version")
View Image

Edit: Just found this forth one, never seen it before
View Image

I have found that the vaped one is the best all around,although the forth is new to me...