What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HONEY OIL !DENATURED STYLE

G

hey kila

whats the best denatured alcohol to use??? also after you have the 5 gallon bucket filled with the alcohol do you let it sit for a bit or do you just pour that into the purex dish??? i have about half a 30 gallon trash bag filled with side buds and trim i want to try this .... i like iso its ok i like butane even better so im hoping this will be the winner....any help or suggestions on this would be great

swerve

thanks

kilacaLIbud

hey swerve umm i dont know whats the best iv heard borts denatured and the home depot brand is good 2 that i used..and i dont let the alcohol/trim/buds ever sit togeather just stright throught the funnel ..this is if u want the best shit ....the seconed wash is where i u let them sit then evaporate it

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
kilacaLIbud...your oil looks killer indeed. I have an old toking buddy that is an oil connoisseur-old school guru. He makes the best honey oil I've ever seen. Here a pic of some that he made late last year......

The two vial's on the outside are honey oil. Notice how clear looking it is...??? :eek: The middle vial in contrast is a different kind of oil, still deadly & killer to vape, but it's not clear like the honey oil. The best honey oil should always be transparent, semi-transparent and/or opaque. Any oil that is dark in color, still has some chlorophyl and/or organic matter residue left in it.

G

great pics there Rocky, I bet your buddy uses a freezing method to get the clear oil?

kilacaLIbud

cool..nice rocky..what kind of solvent does he use ....ive never tryed denatured before..ive always used hexane and its always been that clear golden color..but this stuff is just ass good of a high i think..than my hexane..

Man it all looks killer. I think I might try the Denatured sometime. If my memory serves me, it seems as if oil started hitting the streets sround 72-74, somewhere in there. The honey oil I remember from the early 70's was completely clear. But it all looks good to me. I remember some oil that was reddish color and 3 hits of this stuff and it was like being paralized LOL just couldn't move.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Honey Oil

Honey Oil

kilacaLIbud asked.....

what kind of solvent does he use

My buddy always uses 99% ISO, and is a Jedei Knight Grand Master when it comes to making it. He calls his process Quick Wash Cold Boil, meaning, he gets in and out of there real fast when he's making it, only taking the very best trich's, and leaving the rest behind, hence, "Quick Wash" . Too much heat is bad, and when he evaporate's the ISO, he gets it all without using excessive heat, hence, "Cold Boil."

This particular batch of honey oil was made from Bogglegum Bubble Hash..... :joint: .... it was unbelievably potent with a very sweet taste, like honey..... :yummy:

Here is a link to a thread I made detailing his process of manufacture:

Bogglegum Treats...Bubble, Oil & Trouble

kilacaLIbud

Rocky Mtn Squid said:
kilacaLIbud asked.....

My buddy always uses 99% ISO, and is a Jedei Knight Grand Master when it comes to making it. He calls his process Quick Wash Cold Boil, meaning, he gets in and out of there real fast when he's making it, only taking the very best trich's, and leaving the rest behind, hence, "Quick Wash" . Too much heat is bad, and when he evaporate's the ISO, he gets it all without using excessive heat, hence, "Cold Boil."

This particular batch of honey oil was made from Bogglegum Bubble Hash..... :joint:

Here is a link to a thread I made detailing his process of manufacuture:

Bogglegum Treats...Bubble, Oil & Trouble

yea thats what this is...a quick wash.... thats what my friend that helped me make it called it ..and the first batch was alil bit better then my seconed..but i had help that time...and its alot of material to run...hey rockey do u know his method..u should start a 99%iso thread...share the knoledge..cause i know all these pppl gettin nasty stuff from there iso oil...

kilacaLIbud

Urban Spaceman said:
Man it all looks killer. I think I might try the Denatured sometime. If my memory serves me, it seems as if oil started hitting the streets sround 72-74, somewhere in there. The honey oil I remember from the early 70's was completely clear. But it all looks good to me. I remember some oil that was reddish color and 3 hits of this stuff and it was like being paralized LOL just couldn't move.

well yea that would be this oil then...cause my friend learned it from a old biker...who was a masterfull honey maker....this shit will make u take a 7 hour nap and wake up 7 minutes later.. :biglaugh: its the greats fuckin drug the 70's have gave us..

G

sounds like he is using the same or similar iso method that I use, minimal heat, solvent is not in contact with product more then 2 minutes, 1.5 minutes better, and everything frozen before hand.

kilacaLIbud

Bram said:
sounds like he is using the same or similar iso method that I use, minimal heat, solvent is not in contact with product more then 2 minutes, 1.5 minutes better, and everything frozen before hand.
when we gonna see this oil?

G

im waiting on my trim to finish dryn then i will do a 99% iso quike wash,colibri butane and maybe either hexane or denatured oil comparison thread. give me a week or so to do this. i am waiting for half a 30 gallon trash bag to finish dryn.
then its a quike wash, butane, maybe hexane oil comparison make thingie hows this sound

but remember i am not a crazy pro at making oil but i will do my best cause i have a shitload of trim

swerve

kilacaLIbud

why would u make all those compairisons and not be a pro...by then u will be a pro and im lookin forward to those results..

G

hey that would be cool caLIbud

hey that would be cool caLIbud

where do u folks get 99% iso?
lab supply?

sorry if it's been asked already but what is denatured (in comparison to lab grade iso?)

tia
cj

kilacaLIbud

i know that in denatured" means the polar molecules have been raised causeing the thc to change delta's.. so i dont think the polar molecules have been raised in 99%do some reasearch on 99%

G

was just curious how the shit smoked in comparison

was just curious how the shit smoked in comparison

not up on my molecules, research is golden, this i know, but so is my 91% qwiso, :chin: maybe i'll stay put in the world of walgreens isopropyl and coffee filters till i feel like playing mad scientist

be well
cj

kilacaLIbud

hey how about u put some 91% on a piece of tin foil...and let it evaporate....i bet u will get a bunch of nasty residue..with denatured there is no residue..since it is a cleaner..and iso is basically a antiseptic for skin.

the smoke from the first wash is the best shit ive smoked puts u on the floor ...this is a recipie from nocal pedaluma..

great stuff...

We can testify to this recipe being some of the most absolute kick-yer ass oil. I have followed Kila's thread for a bit now, being so busy and we dont have the time to track down Hexane. We followed this Denatured recipe and can assure you that it makes some killer high quality oil. Thanks to Kilacalibud for this thread :respect: We have experimented with alcohol bought from different places. Most do well however, some seem harder to get a good yield from and not as easy to get out of the pan. It also seems the longer we let it sit before we smoke it the better it cures. This recipe works great and like it was already said 'do not smoke this if you have anything important or really anything at all you want to get done' :D HH