What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UVB Supplemental Lighting

I've heard Ed Rosenthal tout the virtues of adding some UVB lighting to your indoor grows once preflowers have established, something about the UVB signaling to the plant that it is no longer in the shade and needs to produce some of that natural sunblock we call trichomes...I specifically heard Ed suggest a 10X UVB Reptile Light in an interview.

However, I haven't found that light specifically...do you guys have any suggestions? I'd love to find a powerful UVB that isn't crazy expensive and 12"-18" in length to put inside of my microgrow as side lighting.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
In the lighting sticky in my signature bottom of post #7 I included a bunch of information I gathered on UV you might find helpful.

In the lighting sticky in my signature bottom of post #7 I included a bunch of information I gathered on UV you might find helpful.

Thank you, I will check up on that momentarily, in the meantime it like those Zoo Med Reptisuns form the pet store are the same as the old 10.0 UVB lights and rather inexpensive.

No offense, but I really don't think the cost differential between a standard reptile light & a Black Dog LED are even worth it...even an AgroMax Pure UV is more cost feasible.

J

jaded1

You didn't read all of the thread because your answer is in there.If you cant be arsed to do it,don't expect to be fed the answer.

You are helpless.

If $630 is the absolute cheapest cost of admission, hell yes I'm helpless, you aren't about to add $630 of value to my harvest with that 200W light, now are ya?

You didn't read all of the thread because your answer is in there.If you cant be arsed to do it,don't expect to be fed the answer.

I read exactly what he told me to the bottom of post #7 on the lighting sticky in his sig line, if the answer is somewhere that's a TL;DR situation, if he had something specific in mine that I didn't catch I might suggest actually quoting it here.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I read exactly what he told me to the bottom of post #7 on the lighting sticky in his sig line, if the answer is somewhere that's a TL;DR situation, if he had something specific in mine that I didn't catch I might suggest actually quoting it here.

Instant gratification much? lol.

PlantBully

I'll chip in my two cents: If used properly it will increase visible thricome production. In my case yield went down a bit because I had no clue how to use it since it was my first time doing so.
I'm not a scientist but I trust my ability to observe obvious changes.