What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD for cats?

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Does it seem to work? I just bought some CBD cat treats for my old kitty who has slowed down some over the years. I gave him one, but I suppose it will be an hour or so before it kicks in. Thanks

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
He is walking around a bit smoother. He is also holding his tail up in the air. I think in cat that means he is feeling good.

Drewsif

Just don't give up him any terps. Cats are very sensitive to phenols etc. (Ultimate drug sniffing animal, except they aren't bitch ass narcs like dogs)

cjig

Our bodies and our cat's bodies are naturally producing cannabinoids which are called endocannabinoids. Thus, when you use CBD oil for cats, you are supplementing your cat's endocannabinoid system.

shawn.hamilton

I was confused to use CBD for my kitty as well. I was searching for research article about this topic and found this helpful post on Grass Chief blog. It really helped me. I've learned that CBD has been found helpful in treating in animals similar symptoms for which it is prescribed for human use. You can read more here Pot for Pets: Medical Cannabis for Cats & Dogs

Gry

My cats are old now, but they grew up eating fan and trim leaves etc.
They sure do enjoy it.
Have a friend who grows delightful catnip, that her cats respond to wonderfully.
Sent me home with lots of it, which my cats promptly ignored.
Heaven forbid a stray bud hit the floor here, that they will bat all over the house,
as if they were kittens until it is no more.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I think the cat has figured out that when he gets the CBD cat treats, he feels better. So far I am using a low dosage with it. I read that about half the cats just don't get off on catnip. My cat likes it a little, but my friend's cats go crazy with it. When I bring a grocery bag full, they have even figured how to get the bag open to get at it. My cat also likes MMJ leaves. If I accidentally leave the grow room door open, kitty helps himself to some leaves.

redlaser

Veteran
I’ve tried store bought catnip and the cat was unimpressed, bought catnip seed and have grown it several years, cat still doesn’t care about it.

She is very interested in cannabis and prefers the fresh leaves she can reach. She will eat dried leaves but seems to prefer fresh. . I keep a few plants at ground level under flouro lights in a room she can visit, and she will eat at least once a day that I can tell.
These are primarily high thc plants I assume, someday I’ll try a high cbd plant to see if that’s any better

Riyad Brown

Cats are extremely sensitive to so many things. and - some things - like cbd oils - may not show any harm - until they’ve been used long-term. That's why we should research this thoroughly on the internet. maybe with a holistic vet. not with people who may have only some limited personal experience with it.

Just because something is being sold for cats - does not mean that it is safe for them. most manufacturers/distributors - will sell anything that will make money for them. and, cbd is a hot item right now. Thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts