What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

landrace sativa concentrates?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i rarely see any pure sativas at the dispensaries, but recently i have seen a 'golden tiger' (ace seeds) cartridge for one of those cheapo vape pens.

those of you that smoke pure sativas (not the modern commercial hybrids advertised as sativas), do the cartridges/ extracted resins have the very same effect?

i'm talking the dynamic, multilayer, psychedelic uplifting high that sativa flowers can give... i don't want to waste my money if it will be a generic high.

Drewsif

Legal outfits won't grow anything over 8 week so i wouldn't get my hopes up. There's no such thing as 8 week Cannabis Sativa.

Gry

It was real nice, even more so as I recall a price of 3 bucks a gram.

Cvh

Supermod
I can't speak of cartridges which are made using BHO, CO2,...etc extraction techniques.

But the drysift hash I make of Sativa (dominant) plants still has the same type of high as the flowers.
Because I drysift my end product still contains all (the majority) of the terpenes and terpenoids.
I don't know that with other extraction techniques you still have all the terpenes and terpenoids present in your end product.

Personally I think the answer for your question will be hidden in what terpenes/terpenoids are still present that you would get either a generic high or a typical Sativa high.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I have no idea about what is being sold in dispensaries, but yes, extracts made from sativas do carry through, if extracted with some care. I think that sativa (and indica) effects are driven from a combo of the cannabinoids and terpenes. Sativas have a different composition of lesser cannabinoids (other than THC) often with no cbd, so a quality extraction should get all of these in the same ratio as plant. Some of the more volatile terpenes will be lost but can easily be added back with terpene isolates.

Basic rule of thumb:

Indica/Hybrid extract + Sativa terps = fairly decent sativa effects
Sativa (properly grown) extract + Sativa terps = real deal Holyfield