What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Basic Cannabis Library: Recommendations?

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Ive acquired quite a few more books the over the last week. These are the ones I have currently and now consider my collection mostly complete, if interested private message me and I can share a link to them :tiphat:.

3 Books on Strains:

Cannabis Indica Volume 3 The Essential Guide to the World's Finest Marijuana Strains By S. T. Oner 2013

The Big Book Of Buds 1st Edition by Ed Rosenthal 2001

Ultimate Strain Guide 2010 By how to grow weed 420 dot com

Growing, Breeding, Extraction and Information books:

Beyond Buds Marijuana Extracts Hash, Vaping, Dabbing, Edibles and Medicines By Ed Rosenthal 2014

Cannabis Grow Bible 4th Edition By Greg Green 2003

Growing Elite Marijuana By Ryan Riley 2010

hashish! By Robert Clarke 1998

How To Grow Marijuana The Ultimate Organic Guide By Anthony Franciosi 2016

Joint Rollers Handbook Expert Edition 2000

Marijuana Botany An Advanced Study The Propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis by Robert Clarke 1981

Marijuana Chemistry, Genetics, Processing and Potency 2nd Edition By Michael Starks 1990

Marijuana Cultivation Reconsidered The Science and Techniques For Huge Indoor Yields By Read Spear 2014

Marijuana Grow Basics, The Easy Guide for Cannabis Aficionados By Jorge Cervantes 2009

Marijuana Grower's Handbook Your Complete Guide for Medical and Personal Marijuana Cultivation By Ed Rosenthal 2010

Marijuana Horticulture The Indoor outdoor Medical Growers Bible By Jorge Cervantes 1983

Marijuana Mass Production Made Easy British Columbia Hydroponic Growing Guide from growbcbud.com

Organic Marijuana SOMA Style 2005

Teaming with Microbes A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web By Jeff Lowenfels 2006

Teaming with Nutrients A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web By Jeff Lowenfels 2007

Teaming with Fungi A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web By Jeff Lowenfels 2017

The Cannabis Breeder's Bible_ The Definitive Guide to Marijuana Genetics, Cannabis Botany and Creating Strains for the Seed Market By Greg Green 2004

The Medical cannabis Guidebook By Jeff Ditchfield and Mel Thomas 2014

The Rhizosphere An Ecological Perspective 2007

The Ultimate Cannabis Indoor Cultivation And Usage Guide revised 2014 edition

The Ultimate Guide To Hemp By Hippie Butter 2017

True Living Organics By The Rev from Skunk magazine & Kingdom Organic Seeds 2012

What's Wrong with My Marijuana Plant By David Deardorff and kathryn Wadsworth 2017

Cannabis History, Evolution, Ethnobotany, biotechnology & Pharmacy (Medicinal Research) Books:

Biotechnology for Medicinal Plants 2012

Cannabis A Clinicians Guide 2018

Cannabis A Complete Guide Earnest Small 2016

Cannabis Evolution And Ethnobotany By Robert Clarke and Mark Merlin 2013

Cannabis Pharmacy By Michael Backes 2014 (there is updated 2017 edition)

Handbook Of Cannabis By Roger G. Pertwee 2014

Marijuana and the Cannabinoids By Mahmoud A. Elsohly 2007

The Biotechnology of Cannabis Sativa 2nd edition By Sam R. Zwenger 2012

The Health Effects Of Cannabis And Cannabinoids 2017

The Science Of Marijuana By Leslie Iversen Oxford University 2nd edition 2009

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All plants react in a similar way to toxins and over/underfeeding, out of balance soils and what not so I picked up a copy of THE VEGETABLE GARDENERS BIBLE.

While it's not cannabis specific it is my go to book for general gardening and companion planting knowledge.

As for cannabis specific information, I go to my trusy copy of Ed Rosenthals MARIJUANA GROWERS HANDBOOK, (Official Coursebook for Oaksterdam University), as well as Stitch's book MARIJUANA GARDEN SAVER.

Eds book is packed with a fair amount of new information compared to his original works.
Stitch's book is a quick reference guide.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Just finished reading Cannabis Grow Bible 4th Edition By Greg Green (took 220 minutes between last night and this morning). Chapter 15 on breeding and chapter 17 on hash making were well done and are the only parts I recommend reading, save yourself 3 hours haha.

Just added Hemp Diseases and Pests: Management and Biological Control By J.M. Mcpartland R.C. Clarke and D.P. Watson to the collection as well.

White Beard

All plants react in a similar way to toxins and over/underfeeding, out of balance soils and what not so I picked up a copy of THE VEGETABLE GARDENERS BIBLE.

While it's not cannabis specific it is my go to book for general gardening and companion planting knowledge.

As for cannabis specific information, I go to my trusy copy of Ed Rosenthals MARIJUANA GROWERS HANDBOOK, (Official Coursebook for Oaksterdam University), as well as Stitch's book MARIJUANA GARDEN SAVER.

Eds book is packed with a fair amount of new information compared to his original works.
Stitch's book is a quick reference guide.

Thank you for the ref, MJP: my copy is an ancient and crummy xerox of a pre-SOG edition (‘received’ in a pile of old papers while clearing out a deceased friend’s home). I’ll look for the latest version.

Just finished reading Cannabis Grow Bible 4th Edition By Greg Green (took 220 minutes between last night and this morning). Chapter 15 on breeding and chapter 17 on hash making were well done and are the only parts I recommend reading, save yourself 3 hours haha.

Just added Hemp Diseases and Pests: Management and Biological Control By J.M. Mcpartland R.C. Clarke and D.P. Watson to the collection as well.

Once again, a welcome heads-up on the Green Grow Bible...I had set it aside to work my way through Cultivation Reconsidered, and now I know where to jump to.... Hemp Diseases sounds worthy of a place on the shelf,

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Finished reading Marijuana Cultivation Reconsidered By Read Spears today. Its a well done book with alot of in depth explanations and information. Finished reading Growing Elite Marijuana By Ryan Riley also, I wouldn't recommend it.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Just finished reading Marijuana Grower's Handbook Your Complete Guide for Medical and Personal Marijuana Cultivation By Ed Rosenthal. Awesome book and highly recommend it, tons of great growing information. Really enjoyed the Lighting, Flowering & force flowering, harvesting and hash making sections.