What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's new hidey hole — I'm growing for one, now!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Uh oh, some things have happened and I have to change things up.

Looks like the dang ole Chem OG isn't doing too well. I'm not sure why either. It might be a problem with my water supply, but I'm not convinced. Whatever the issue is, I have to change things up. So I've put the Golden Tigers in the small tent, and I'm going to take cuttings of the Chem OG to start over. That means the 3x3 is free again, which means I'll be starting more seeds. I'm thinking I'll grow out some Bubba Hash in there next. So, stay tuned for some updates.

I'll show pictures of the damaged plant, too, so y'all can see what I'm dealing with. I think I've narrowed it down to a lockout, but I don't know what caused it. I'm not too worried, since I can buy weed from dispensaries, but it does suck because I'm all out of my own stuff. Such is life.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
hi hush recently did a chem cross that had issues. outta 8 strains everything was happy and healthy except the chem. had weird leaves but i got it to finish and the sumbitch hermed slightly.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Been very busy lately, but here's a quick shot of the Golden Tigers on day 2 of flowering:

cwjvKY4.jpg

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Pretty good. Life has been getting in the way lately as my divorce approaches finality, so that's why I haven't been around. But yeah, I keep on missing lights-on time, for pics. I'm running the light cycle overnight so that my apartment doesn't stay warm during the day, and when my toddler is here my sleep schedule doesn't cooperate.

Anyway, turns out I have two males and two females. I've cropped the males way back so that they don't take up so much room in the garden, and I do want to collect pollen so I'm keeping them around.

I've been doing a lot of LST to keep the plants low so they're quite bushy. I'll post pics soon, I swear.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Took my daughter back to her mom's house, and just checked on the Golden Tigers:

z00Eu6s.jpg

fyMoZmP.jpg

Looks like I actually have 3 males. One that I was just assuming was a longer-flowering female, because neither sex was showing and I figured the males would have all shown by now, has finally started to set balls. So, as much as I want pollen, I want buds more. That means I'm going to take the 3 males out and give them a separate space to drop pollen. I want the female plant to spread out more. I'll also do a little more aggressive LST to make that happen. Then I'll post more pics.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
In the 3x3 tent I ended up going with a special new limited edition offering from Ace. I was really excited about that one so it cut to the front of the line before all the other seeds in my collection. It's not much yet, but here is my Honduras Breeze. It's Honduras x Nepal Jam.

fn1kVGn.jpg

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Plants look great as always hush, glad to hear you're doing alright. Are you just planning to run the one Honduras Breeze in the 3x3 with no other plants? I know I've said this before but I'd love to see you grow out the Bubba Hash...Thinking of running that after these are done? :biggrin:

YukonKronic

Hey hush! Good to see you back in yer feet... I’ll be checking in:tiphat:
Interested in your Honduras Breeze as well as that sexy little GT there.. I’ve got a new pheno flowering now but I fucked up my soil and I’m paying for it... she doesn’t like overeating. I knew that. Dammit.

Good luck in your new setup! Looks good

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Plants look great as always hush, glad to hear you're doing alright. Are you just planning to run the one Honduras Breeze in the 3x3 with no other plants? I know I've said this before but I'd love to see you grow out the Bubba Hash...Thinking of running that after these are done? :biggrin:

Thank you. Yes, I'm just doing the one Honduras Breeze in there. I don't like mixing and matching plants if I can help it. And yes, I will be doing the Bubba Hash next. Don't worry. ;)

Hey hush! Good to see you back in yer feet... I’ll be checking in:tiphat:
Interested in your Honduras Breeze as well as that sexy little GT there.. I’ve got a new pheno flowering now but I fucked up my soil and I’m paying for it... she doesn’t like overeating. I knew that. Dammit.

Good luck in your new setup! Looks good

Thanks bud. :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Here are my Golden Tiger males. Still not sure if I'll collect pollen from one or all of them. Kind of waiting to see if any characteristics jump out at me.

or9hzfc.jpg

From left to right:

ORTWj4J.jpg

p4QjZfH.jpg

MrckpAw.jpg

That last one there is the one that one just started showing flowers a few days ago. But it otherwise looks identical to the one in the middle. The one on the left practically looks the same, but it's a little bigger in all dimensions. It's like, same structure but maybe more mass to it. Not sure if that's good, bad, or neither. :dunno:

Andyo

Veteran
security question

security question

Does you ex know your screen name on icmag ?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Does you ex know your screen name on icmag ?

She's heard me mention it before, but I highly doubt she retained it. She couldn't have been less interested in all the gardening I did for us all those years we were together. She never expressed any interest in being a part of the online community, and probably wouldn't even be able to remember the name of these message boards, to be honest. All she wanted to do was smoke my pot, and then she couldn't even give me constructive criticism on the varieties I was testing, what worked for her, how things made her feel. Eventually I began saving all the good buds/varieties for myself and giving her the popcorn nugs and stuff with less flavor or complexities, because, wtf, she didn't even seem to appreciate any of the differences between everything.

Anyway, no, I think she would have had to have been less self-absorbed for information like that to have stuck around in her head.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
She's heard me mention it before, but I highly doubt she retained it. She couldn't have been less interested in all the gardening I did for us all those years we were together. She never expressed any interest in being a part of the online community, and probably wouldn't even be able to remember the name of these message boards, to be honest. All she wanted to do was smoke my pot, and then she couldn't even give me constructive criticism on the varieties I was testing, what worked for her, how things made her feel. Eventually I began saving all the good buds/varieties for myself and giving her the popcorn nugs and stuff with less flavor or complexities, because, wtf, she didn't even seem to appreciate any of the differences between everything.

Anyway, no, I think she would have had to have been less self-absorbed for information like that to have stuck around in her head.

Same here. I love mine to death, and we get along great. But she could care less about my passion. She Don't really smoke all that much anymore. She might take a puff before bed now.
But same about the constructive criticism. Zero.