What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ozone generator

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Firstly welcome to ICmag :wave:

Secondly you're actually posting in the smoking devices section not a growing devices sub forum.

Thirdly the o3 will neutralise the smell BUT the air will then smell of o3 which is a bit distinctive. O3 slightly stresses the plant and some research has shown it induces the same stress as uv and increases THC, so a small side bonus.. i used ozone for a decade.

Running more carbon filters circulating in the room will also work and is a bit less dodgy..

:tiphat:

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Ozone is not healthy, and should not be used in your living quarters.

Look at getting a ionising air purifier, it will help on your problem and maybe run your kitchen exhaust while your smoking.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

Look at getting a ionizing air purifier, it will help on your problem and maybe run your kitchen exhaust while your smoking.
Thank you, this is exactly the same advice I was going to give. :)

pinkus

Veteran

Look at getting a ionising air purifier, it will help on your problem and maybe run your kitchen exhaust while your smoking.

Yeah, I used one to "sterilize" an area for doing some mycological work. Worked great for that, but I suspect that it also aggravated my lung problems.

It really should be avoided. :shooty:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Ozone is O3. Most references state that it breaks down in a few hours. I have an ozone generator for cleaning and use it carefully.

Gry

A carbon filter and blower in your smoking area would work if sized and configured appropriately.

M

moose eater

Research, research, research.

I used to run 2 Air Tigers near the door of my shop (remember those?), and an Alpine Air Purifier in the open basement area; all of which generated 03.

Aside from the exaggerated 'fresh spring-time smell' that closely resembled bleached laundry, ozone eats rubber when in sufficient presence in the air (my cove base in the bathroom above my shop, as well as the kitchen, which is the next room over, both display evidence of the rubber deteriorating & fracturing at outside corners).

My older son lived in our home back when I was running ozone generators, and though I can't prove it, his occasional/somewhat frequent clearing of the phlegm from his lungs and what sounded like pressured breathing at times, -seemed- to be in synch with symptoms loosely described in the later research I'd read about excess ozone and soft lung tissue when ozone generators were used inside residential areas.

Go with carbon filters with a good fan to treat the affected air, and your rubber, family, and pets will thank you.

My Air Tigers both went to the dumpster transfer station's re-use area, and some other poor schmuck likely took them home. The Alpine Air Purifier is still dormant on a rack in the basement, only because of my sometimes-generally-stingy nature. But it too will one day (not too far in the future?) head to the re-use area at the transfer station.

Haven't run one of the buggers in my home in well over 12 years or more, and don't miss them at all.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Try a vaporizer instead of smoking joints. They don't smell nearly as much.

But they do still smell... I only vape and I still can smell weed in my house... Its a hard smell to eliminate... Ona do a bucket that's pretty good... Or buy a small a tent with fan and filter and sit in there whilst consuming