What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

....any Ideas?........Cheers!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
...If you have good ideas..... and are willing to share them, then be my guest.....it's always good to take council/advice.....it's always good to listen to what others have to say.....fore then you can see things from a different perspective, and that could well be valuable.

.....wishing you all well on this summers day..
Gypsy Nirvana

G

Grower Report

Grower Report

I would love to see a type if strain guide similar to OG.

There are a many aspects of StrainGuide that need changing, but it is overall a great source of information. There are so many beans that you sell on Seedsdirect.to and SeedBay that don't even have the opportunity to be rated.

If you need any help setting something up please let me know, I would be more than happy to do what I can.

friendlyfriend

Veteran
I was hoping that we can have a strainguide where it would be one page we could see lists of peticular strains which we grew out with grow reports and smoke reports. It would centralize me on IC and totally wipe out OG from my web browser. (although I am big fan of their faqs) I think if you build it they will come :D

I like the idea of a strain guide. Better yet, a grow guide, including growing suggestions by the breeders for their strains.

As an example, BOG's soil mix. Its here, but not exactly at my finger tips. There is a lot of info here, but its unorganized.

If a newbie was surfing the site and saw how simple it would be to grow great herb, using BOG's method, perhaps they may be influenced to begin. That is the point of this site and IC.

Plans could be included for some grow set ups such as a 250 watt system, including materials and a cost estimate. Again the knowlege is here, but scattered about.

Make going to my posts easier . . .

Make going to my posts easier . . .

Hey Gypsy,

perhaps I am alone in this, but whenever I use the "user menu" and click on "my posts," I am always taken to a page of post results that begin with a post about "Shantibaba being released" instead of going directly to my posts. I have to click on "my posts" a second time in order to actually get to "my posts"

I am always using a proxy server (damn big brother!) in order to protect my identity, so my internet surfing is always slow anyways. I was just thinking that it would be cool if I didn't have to wait as long . . . I guess I'm not the most patient person in the world . . . something I need to work on.

I think the strain guide would be really cool too . . . I used OG's strain guide, among other sources, for almost six weeks before I decided what I wanted to order from SD. Along with the strain guide, like Capt Canibus said, tips on growing a particular strain from the breeder would be awesome! Once I decided I wanted to grow LSD, I posted in a thread asking BOG about tips for growing, and he responded! That was awesome, but I know that not all the breeders choose to spend as much time posting as BOG does. It would be really cool if breeder notes on growing each strain were in the strain guide!

I also think it would be cool if you guys provided a page of links for members who wanted to do something to help with the fight to legalize marijuana. Links to places like NORML's website, and information on how to contact your government and voice your opinion. Provide me with a way to help further the fight other than just sending money to pro-legalization organizations. I'm poor, but I still want to help!

Ok, so that is my 2 cents for the day . . .

Peace,
:abduct:
Freeda Green

ditto Farmer John, thanks whoever fixed it!

ditto Farmer John, thanks whoever fixed it!

Hooray, hooray, hooray! Thank you for fixing that . . . thanks for asking Gypsy and thanks to whoever fixed it!

Peace,
Freeda Green

wisc2

Hey Gyp, update your stashbox site. I guess Ive been spoiled by my online purchases including more detail and pics. List my options with pics and prices, and my order is on the way.;)

G

I think things need to be simplified. Too many options all over the place. If I wanna see a thread I subscribed to it wont show unless someone posted recently, if not I have to go to a pull down menu and see when the last person posted in order for it to come up. An uneccessary step if you ask me. I think a BOOKMARKED option would work better. And although I know how to use the picture option it needs to ne simplified. Oh and another thing is make the chatroom compatible with MAC's Safari. Thanks for the ear now get to it!

Blatant

G

I agree with blatant...Bookmarks are a must.

I loose threads everyday and never keep up or reply unless its on that front page of recent replies.

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
We had in the beginning Skip ask someone to do a grow journal test in the grow journal section.
Here is the link...HERE
I was doing it for awhile...but since we could not receive responses.....well it was kinda boring talking to myself!!

Any how....how about a section for grow journals. Hydro...Soil....Aero.....Bubblers.....each with there own or all under one haeding..

Thanks

greenhit

Let's brainstorm on this SEEDS

Let's brainstorm on this SEEDS

I know there is alot of more important aspects of growing on this
forum, but here is a fun side, I think we all love.

Ok, Most people here love SEEDS, I mean if your like me
we spend alot of time drooling over this strain or that strain.
Some Sats some Indicas, for instance I drool anytime I hear
shark shock, peacemaker or any thing shark :) lol Why ?

Second we always hear of the elusive clone, only so and so have.
Can't we somehow figure out for a contest to somehow get one of those clones sent to a safe addy of course if you win.

Seeds Direct doesn't have to fork up the seeds or clones
or what have you, whomever participates, puts in 5 bucks
ands sends to a place/ ? and say every 2 months we collect
the money as just one idea, another is we can have teams
and have a contest for just one plant, to see who gets the best buds, or maybe another type of photo contest, maybe make a strain name or seed company logo, ? or a online forum weed cup but with photos or ?, ? ?

or contest if you had a party to throw and it was for a cool
dinner and killer smoke, who would you invite from the IC forum
and why, say you could invite 5 members and 5 celebs or ?
brainstorm, ...............

contest were, we can use our creativity since we are stoned most of the time, shit like that :).

PEACE

-greenhit

Satans pal

Any reason why the "Learn to grow" link on Seeds Direct still goes to Overgrow? Just curious, and also about the other links, cacti, new products, books, etc....It would be really cool to explore those other avenues as well. Thanks alot for all you have done so far, and thanks in advance for all the things you will do.:D SP

Hybrid

I agree with alot of the previous posters, I think the addition of a strainguide would be very welcome. Maybe a few more Smilies would be cool also.

Peace
Hybrid

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
Thanks to Green Lantern for all his hard work!! The chat room is so lively withall the new audios!!!

Thanks GL!!
more smileys would be cool too!

Old Gnu

Gypsy . . . some ideas for SD

Gypsy . . . some ideas for SD

Dear GN,

Every time I visit SD's website, I check to see if the Nirvana version of Neville's Haze is in stock yet. I think it's been out-of-stock for about 3 years or more. How about assigning the task to your Nirvana breeders to stabilize NH, produce seeds and then market them at SD again? Maybe you would want to add the NH/F2's to your "GN Collection". I'll bet you'd sell a lot of them (and make a lot of Sativa lovers very happy!).

Another topic: You have created a valuable, much-appreciated business venture with your Seeds Direct enterprise (plus other endeavors), and I salute you for choosing to exhibit your business acumen in the world of counter-culture. I know you are interested in continuing to make improvements, and I have some suggestions regarding Customer Support via email. Please email me for the details, if you are so inclined.

And thank you again for making such a vast array of affordably priced seeds/strains available to the world.

-- Old Gnu

G

FAQ section

FAQ section

I believe a FAQ section reduces the amount of common questions which have to be repeated on the boards.

I don't really like OG's FAQ because it has a lot of useless info, and seems like everyone wants to submit a random FAQ to get a star or whatever they give you over there.

An organized, relevant FAQ to growing is greatly in need IMHO.

Rock on, ICMAG :cool:

G

My idea is to organize the Seed Lottery thread.

Post the thread with a poll, give Dutch permissions to increase poll option maximum to 600+ rather than 10, and add the entire Seeds Direct catalog into the poll options. Set the poll to close on a certain date and time.

This would eliminate the huge number of pages that must be kept up with to find the winner, and the winner would be unquestionable.

SativaBelieva

Ideas on Growers Cup

Ideas on Growers Cup

Hi Gypsy,

Nice initiative to start a growers cup... I've spread the word amongst some Dutch growers... and think at least 5 more will enter next year (2006)!

A few small improvements I'd like to suggest aim at providing more information to the cup entrants... for instance by asking more details for every cup entry... like what medium (soil, coco, hydro), curing after harvest (if and how long), yield per watt, yield per m2, yield per plant and number of plants per m2... those statistics together with the blind taste test, will provide some serious quality feedback to all growers... on winning strains and growing techniques!

Maybe you'd like to hear some ideas I've got on cannabis cups for breeders and coffeeshops cups... as well as for your online community... I'd be pleased for an opportunity to tell you more... hoping you will see plenty promotional value... to offer me a part time job in sales, marketing, analyzing and/or online reporting??!

Cheers!