What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 seed to harvest? 🤔

S

swungspeedz

Has anyone tried running 12/12 light cycle from seedling, how much yield can I expect from doing this? Also any pictures would be appreciated.

S

swungspeedz

It's only worth it for fast growing sativa strains.
With hybrids or indicas it doesn't make much sense. The plant will still go for about 30 days until it's mature before it starts flowering so it has a negligible time savings.

It's mainly to control the size of wild sativa's not much benefit otherwise

So pretty much I can run 24hr light for a month and then switch to 12/12. How long would I have to wait until harvest roughly and how much would I yield from each plant?

GoatCheese

Veteran
So pretty much I can run 24hr light for a month and then switch to 12/12. How long would I have to wait until harvest roughly and how much would I yield from each plant?

How long till you can harvest after month of veg? It depends on the strain, but there's not too many strains that would finish under 9 weeks of 12/12 and many modern hybrids will go at least 10 weeks

How much yield? Depends on strain; grow room set up (light, ); pot size; grower skills/plant's stress level etc. ..15 to 50+ dry grams per plant but it's very difficult to answer the yield question

Easy7

Veteran
Not much harvest. A well vegged and trained plant is worth the time. Depends on the set up too!