What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Veg+Bloom: real deal or just marketing hype???

toohighmf

Veteran
Yoooooo,

Consulted some growers to help get their numbers up and gave them a fairly simple K.I.S.S method after they struggled with 10+ bottle regiments. They had great results but read about veg+bloom and all swapped out the maxibloom, Jacks or dynagro-bloom with the VB HD.

Every single one of these guys had super frosty harvests with 1/3rd their usual numbers using just V+B or their whole program. One of my clients and friend of 20 years tells me he's been hearing the same from other growers, and that it sucks and they think there's people lying online that work for or are endorsed by V+B.

As an ex fertilizer mentor here I found this absolutely preposterous. Ferts is ferts. Salts are salts, and the npk guaranteed analysis look great for veg+bloom. How can all these people I know be having such lousy numbers?? Are you using Veg+Bloom? What are your findings? Smash or pass?? Links? Thanks a lot!

just go to their instagram and see the farms that use it yo!
I think the jungle boys in Cali do.
I know A cut above will use it here in Denver and they are among the high quality dispos in Colorado!
I liked it! Though I am a gardener not a farmer!
My buddy is liking it with the green sensation added on.

toohighmf

Veteran
Yeah I saw jungleboys are using it as well as a few others. TBH it shows me what most are telling me. Triched/terped out beauty but not HUGE colas. I see decent stacking but I'm not seeing baseball bats. Maybe it's these boutique strains they're running. I dunno. I haven't seen 3 light from the the pics that's for sure. (Not talking shit at all) Those guys are killing it!

C

cooterbrown420

I would look at all Jungle Boyz videos. I have seen videos where they have Heavy 16 hooked up to dosatrons. I believe they don't use V+B but instead get paid to market it. I also know the guys who would deliver their nutes and they never delivered V+B for what its worth.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Jungle Boys use the V+B DOS formula for dosatrons, its a two part formula instead of the one part base like their standard products. I've also seen them mention testing out a new product called stackswell for V+B.

I've been using it on my outdoor garden but I'm far from a fertilizer expert. It works well for me and very simple to use in my situation (blumats). I also almost always grow from seed so dont really have any clones to benchmark numbers with.

toohighmf

Veteran
Heard about stackswell and thought it was something jungle boys were actually working on with V+B. Seen DOS on their page and figured it was a liquid 2 part. Didn't even think it was for DOSatrons. Thanks

soundman

I used to use it. I think it changed when they came out with their additives. I since switched to GH Maxi series and like it.

toohighmf

Veteran
Soundman do you notice any differences at all using maxibloom than The og VB formula? Trich production, yield, nose, structure?

soundman

Soundman do you notice any differences at all using maxibloom than The og VB formula? Trich production, yield, nose, structure?

The only difference I see is V+B has maybe slightly stronger Petiole connection to main stems. I hope that is the right terminology. When I use V+B and pull of fan leaves I get a fiber that pulls off with the Petiole, not a clean break. Also with the V+B the stalk is a little harder to cut thru when chopping near soil line. None of these differences bother me. I think adding a touch of Diamond Nectar to the Maxi series will help make things more even between Maxi and V+B? I think V+B has or had more humic acids right from the base.

I think my plants tended to stretch a little bit more with V+B. That is hard to prove as I didn't do a side by side with same strain. Overall I think I got stretchier plants though.

Both are good food. Sometimes I get temped to try V+B again. The shipping to my new home makes it much more expensive though.

Hope that ramble helps. Curious what others think who tried both brands.

I should add that I started using Hydroplex as a booster in flower with V+B. That was suggested by Chris the owner of V+B back in 2011 or 2012. Lots of folks add something to the V+B.

Goats

Maybe one day, but jacks/calnit with fulpower and mollases is killin the game right now. Cheap and highly effective.

Not as clean as one powder, but if you know how to use everything at the right ratios and times, saves you a nice chunk of change and will make for a better product once tweaked

What's your recipe with jacks? Used 321 last run with pretty good results but I'm always looking at what works for others.

:tiphat:

beta

Veteran
Maybe one day, but jacks/calnit with fulpower and mollases is killin the game right now. Cheap and highly effective.

Not as clean as one powder, but if you know how to use everything at the right ratios and times, saves you a nice chunk of change and will make for a better product once tweaked

How're you integrating molasses with Jacks? afaik it can't be mixed in a reservoir. Would love to hear more about how you're using it!

toohighmf

Veteran
Funny you mention Jacks. Currently running Jacks pro hydro 5-12-26 with Calnit & Epsom salt, ful power fulvic, & Fossil Fuel humic. No aminos, no kelp, no NPK boosters. Gonna ditch the expensive acids and go to fulvic & leonardite powders with black strap the last 3 weeks til chop.

Farm Hero

I liked Veg+Bloom, but it sure seemed to take a bunch to get up to my desired ppm.

Now we just roll with Flora Nova, bit of Maxicrop and Kool Bloom dry at the end using RO water.