What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Sorry to hear about the mites. A reminder that even the best growers and rooms aren't immune. I always thought, if you have mites you gotta take down the grow, clean and sterilize everything and start over, but it sounds like your able to make it work and keep them in check enough with those predators bugs.

P.S. Im surprised you run out of herb so often with all those strains you have going. You must be a really heavy medicinal user?

A family member of mine has epilepsy and always has a hard time finding cbd strains in bc. She's not looking in the right places!

Impressive room GreenSanta, Love the blend of LED/Organics/Seed creating! Funny I stumbled this thread after you commented on one of mine.

G

Gr33nSanta

Thank you PaulieWaulie. But I am far from being among the best growers. I do hope to have a positive impact on the community and influence other growers to avoid pesticides.

However, it might look like the beneficial insects are not cost effective in my case, but keep in mind everyone that I do not run cycles, it s full on perpetual... so yeah that means sometimes I have to chop early or give up on plants.

One upside to this is I get to see which of my plants are most resistant to spidermites and pests in general.

I am the most heavy medicinal user I know, but I dont necessarily hang out with stoners. I am generous with it, I could not possibly smoke all that weed. For me its about finding unique cannabinoid profiles and unique terpene profiles that can improve the lives of both recreational and medicinal users (and my own). It would take the rest of my life to find a half decent cultivar if I was growing one plant at a time.

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

SpaceBomb X Dragon Fruits #2

As soon as lights on, she's coming down. Day one was April 12th so I think she's around 54 days. She's super clean, I seem to have less pest problems in the SIP containers. Either due to the fact that I am biased towards them, or not so much biased but because I know they are gonna yield so well every single time I might actually use more beneficial insects in them. OR the beneficial insects can survive a little longer due to humidity retention under the plastic. More testing needed...

I will transplant 3 plants in the SIP, 2 spacebombs and one SpaceGrin X ?(Spacebomb X Dr.Grinspoon) I have clones of all 3 plants.

This could turn into a nightmare but the spacegrin was as fast as spacebomb in the past.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

A super fast More Cowbell I found. Last time I took her down at day 40, knowing I should probably try her at day 50-60, this time will come.

In the meantime, check her out at day 37!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Random shots, I wanted to make a point of including a pic or 2 of spidermites damage, not trying to hide anything!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
What was she like at 40 days, that is super early, especially when you think she could have gone 60. Just curious what that would result in, because for a noob like me that would be a big no no, haha

On that 2nd picture on the last post, you see how the edges of the leaves are cupped up. Ive been seeing this on and off with some of my plants too, just wondering if you know what is? At first I thought it was heat stress, but I had the temps in check, and it wasn't happening to all the plants, so I think it is nutrient related, an early sign of a lockout or deficiency. Ive been seeing it less and less, since Ive backed off the nutes. Im doing soiless pro mix/ pure blend pro right now, but will be slowly switching to organics with EWC and compost like you.

G

Gr33nSanta

Hey Paulie! thanks for contributing. I am really not sure why but it does not happen often and I really dont care about those things lol.

In a perfect world I would have given her another week at least probably 2 or 3 more. I will get her tested to make sure she test at less than 1% THC. She is the quickest of the bunch so far. The other 2 I have are taking forever to start forming buds.

Here is my candida #1 (ordered from seedsman) at day 50

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

Here is what happens when it gets hot and I dont see it coming, spidermites take over! I am harvesting these plants a bit early, as you can see they have milky trichomes but they look ugly. They are ''ready enough''.

The first 3 pics are my MissJack #1 and I am glad I have a copy of her, what a smell!! I have to grow her again to her full potential (or better anyway) I should try to get her tested too.

The last 2 pics is my chupacabra, I am not sure that she truly is a chupacabra, Ive always gotten proper seeds from single seed marijuana canada but this was the last order before the site got shut down. I really like it, it just doesnt seem to match the genetics that should be in this cross. I keep her around because she has great taste and great high. I want to get her tested for THCV, but I ll probably wait for a better batch. She is not that resistant to spidermites unlike what they say in the description.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

roughly 25 plants, 20 different deoxyribonucleic acids and spidermites are under control, I think, thanks to an army of persimillis. :muahaha:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

SpaceBomb X Dragon Fruits #2

As soon as lights on, she's coming down. Day one was April 12th so I think she's around 54 days. She's super clean, I seem to have less pest problems in the SIP containers. Either due to the fact that I am biased towards them, or not so much biased but because I know they are gonna yield so well every single time I might actually use more beneficial insects in them. OR the beneficial insects can survive a little longer due to humidity retention under the plastic. More testing needed...

I will transplant 3 plants in the SIP, 2 spacebombs and one SpaceGrin X ?(Spacebomb X Dr.Grinspoon) I have clones of all 3 plants.

This could turn into a nightmare but the spacegrin was as fast as spacebomb in the past.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

EDIT

17% THC 2% CBG

G

Gr33nSanta

Hey Paulie! thanks for contributing. I am really not sure why but it does not happen often and I really dont care about those things lol.

In a perfect world I would have given her another week at least probably 2 or 3 more. I will get her tested to make sure she test at less than 1% THC. She is the quickest of the bunch so far. The other 2 I have are taking forever to start forming buds.

Here is my candida #1 (ordered from seedsman) at day 50

View Image

View Image

View Image

7.8 CBD, 6.8 THC

huge disappointment on this one, its the second time I fall for an ad that says ''all plants are guaranteed less than 1 % THC'' talk about taking advantage of the CBD craze. How could it be possible that on both occasion when I tested the CBD Therapy and the Candida, both time the only females I grow have a 1:1 ratio, what are the odds of this? I call BS. companies are jumping on the CBD bandwagon, knowing your average joe wont get the strain tested. Well I guess I am not your average Joe and I call BS to claims of having a seedline where 100% of plants will test high CBD and less than 1 % THC.

G

Gr33nSanta

ok just a few notes for myself. Its a busy time of the year for me so I dont really have time to take and upload pics.... nothing really special at the moment besides the flower rooms looking better than never before. In some ways the summer heat really helps growing bigger plants and bigger buds, I simply have to spend more money on beneficial insects to keep up with the spider mites... I anticipate the next 2 months to be on the ''a little expensive'' side of things.

Whatever, it allows me to preserve a lot of good genetics and I think I will have a good line up for the Winter.

Since I have been spending more money on benes, the plants are looking really great and some great buds will come out of this in the near future.

Ive let go the Candida #1. I think both my Les Fleurs Bleues and CBD Therapy are superior. The Candida #1 did have great resin production and was fast too, but it was almost a 1:1 ratio and not special enough to keep.

I have high hopes for the #2 and #4. I really hope the number 2 tests at less than 1% THC because it is way easier to grow pheno than my crazy stretchy number #4. At the end of the day, if neither #2 nor #4 test high CBD and less than 1% THC I will be highly disappointed. I would not even bother growing the other pack. Instead Id rather work my CBD Therapy and Les Fleurs Bleues. My Candida #2 is absolutely covered in resin and appears to be a decent easy plant to grow so far.

I transplanted a Les Fleurs Bleues that was vegged for a while into the SIP sitting in the main flower room. Day 1 is July 1st I believe.

The other thing worth mentioning is that CBD is no joke ,the way it prevents THC from reaching CB1 receptors, the effects are really obvious and my Les Fleurs Bleues plant is simply an amazing high CBD cultivar, such an amazing high, anti depressant, motivating, stimulating, I really hope other growers give it a go and that patients appreciate it as much as I do. It's not an all day smoke for me because I am a super pothead but it is just the most amazing high to socialize, I would not be surprised if it becomes a hit clone only here on Vancouver Island, regardless, it will be in my garden a very long time, she is my #1 clone.

I will be uploading pics in the near future, Ive got a Sleestack x skunk #1 about 2 weeks away, a grapefruit X chem d BX also 2 weeks away. Ive got a very nice chupacabra X ? with the most massive looking bud Ive ever grown but its not a solid dense bud rather full of shiny spears, wonderful smell, I think it has the strawberry smells... anyway if any of those plants turn out good I ll post up some pics if not you will have to wait. If they stay in the garden an extra round it means they were at least good.

B

Bongi

Those plants look really good! Can you make smoke report for Candida #2 or #4 if you find 20:1 phenotype? I cant wait to know how Candida smokes. I have 6 of them growing 1st set of true leaves. 6 out of 6 germinated. :) I am so exited about that strain. If it is any good I probably test all of Medical Genetics seeds. I hope they are not BS.

G

Gr33nSanta

Those plants look really good! Can you make smoke report for Candida #2 or #4 if you find 20:1 phenotype? I cant wait to know how Candida smokes. I have 6 of them growing 1st set of true leaves. 6 out of 6 germinated. :) I am so exited about that strain. If it is any good I probably test all of Medical Genetics seeds. I hope they are not BS.

Candida #1 was good, very resiny, but it did have high THC as well as high CBD. I think it it was probably superior to my CBD Therapy but I like that the CBD Therapy was created without ruderalis and also is likely not related to harlequin nor juanita lagrimosa, unlike most high CBD strains.

Due to spidermites attack, I was forced to harvest the CD4 early, I will still get it tested. I am also harvesting the CD2 because right now I am just curious to see if any of those 2 will have less than 1 %THC. If they both test higher than 1% THC while being 2+weeks away from being ready I will get rid of them.

So far, Les Fleurs Bleues is BY FAR the best high CBD plant I have ever grown, and I created/found her!

I am still really wanting to find a 20:1.

G

Gr33nSanta

Considering we are in the hot summer months, and that I run no AC , I think this looks alright.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Considering the size of this garden, this is probably as complex as it gets. I am confident the line up for the Winter will be my best ever.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

My potentially trippy weed plant (Dr.Grinspoon X BlueSage) that was the triple leaflet appears to be a super fast flowering plant, she is on day 40 some and she looks like 2 weeks away. She has the coffee type of smell, reminds me of a plant I used to call blue coffee that kept selfing herself and I wonder if blue coffee was from that seedline. Blue coffee was some overwhelming sativas.

Both candida #2 and #4 tested at around 1% THC, I think my number 2 will be my keeper because it was a nicer, more resiny, plant to grow, but she tested just over 1% THC, where as #4 slightly lower. #4 was too stretch for indoor and got hit really bad with spidermites so I am tempted to let her go without running her one more time.

SleeStack X skunk #1 , so far I think Ill keep my #3, the #4 is can't hold itself, but could be the lighting she is under ... I think I will re-run them both.

Grapefruit X ChemDBx, I dont think I ll keep either of the 2 females I grew, I was hoping for some grapefruity leaning pheno and did not get them, instead got some on the chemD side or it smells fuelly but putrid at the same time, I might re-run one of the 2....

My new MJ X BCD X CHUP has some potential, really liked the look and smell at day 56, that might be a new temporary keeper.

G

Gr33nSanta

Veg room, awesome line up for the Winter, from the high CBD low THC cultivar, to the couchlock wide leaved cultivars, to the trippy high THC narrow leaved cultivars, it's all there!
attachment.php

Next few pics are the SpaceGrin #1 X ? ... SpaceGrin was Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb , the smell on that one is PHENOMENAL . She's around day 60 and I have a Spacebomb at in the same container in the background. The mom spacegrin was super fast flowering but I guess I have a Dr.Grinspoon leaning pheno here!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Les Fleurs Bleues, latest batch! always fire...
attachment.php