What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is going on here!? (with pics)

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Ok, been having this problem for a bit. At first it was over watering. Then I corrected that and have been watering correctly for a little while now. Second, I killed a couple plants doing the heat treatment (thinking I had broad mites). Which now after 2 weeks of examination I don't think its the cause.

Three gallon smart pots, 75% promix bx and only about 25 % FFOF. Added lots of perlite, excellent drainage.

600 watt HPS sodium (hortilux eye) temps stay between 73-80 with lights on. Lights off temps probably flucuate between 64-72.

Excellent ventilation and air flow.

Symptoms i'm seeing include:

Slow growth, one plant has burned looking new tops and the bitch just aint growing, yellowing leaves, somedays some leaves canoe upward, other days the canoe downward, just lots of shit.

I get my water from a water machine that says it is UV purified 50 cents a gallon.

Easy7

Veteran
What do you feed them and how often? If you over watered I am guessing you over fed as well.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...(with pics)?

picture.php

bozo

Easy7

Veteran
"Canoeing up", sounds like 'praying' for magnesium.

"Canoeing down", sounds like clawing from to much N. Yet you have yellowing leaf at the bottom? Could be many things.

Sometimes just giving clean water and seeing what direction they go helps a lot in figuring out what is wrong.

MountainBudz

Keep in mind they were started from seed around December 10th so they have been vegging for a while now. They should be much bigger than this. One reason for the short plants is also due to my vegging hours 20/4 and was 24hrs constant for a while.

MountainBudz

I have been feeding them below half strength nutes of AN A&B grow, B52, Voodo Juice, have added and foilar fed epsom salts and sea green. Also have added aspirin now and then which seemed to help a bit. I lightly foilar feed them everyday as well.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over loving.

Foliar feeding is a supplement, not a nutrient regime. Once a week at most and very dilute. Wetting agents are a must.

Stop the aspirin altogether. They're getting too much of everything, feed, water, foliars, etc.

What EC are you feeding and what regime (feed/feed/water, feed/water/feed, etc)?

MountainBudz

I currently have no way to check ph and im broke as fuck and wont be buying one anytime soon.

Maybe for the next few watering I will give only straight water and maybe add some hydrated lime? Maybe flush? I don't know, but I have been growing for many years without testing ph and haven't had problems to this extent yet. I wanna get them out of this stage before flipping but need to flip within a week or week and a half.

MountainBudz

Over loving.

Foliar feeding is a supplement, not a nutrient regime. Once a week at most and very dilute. Wetting agents are a must.

Stop the aspirin altogether. They're getting too much of everything, feed, water, foliars, etc.

What EC are you feeding and what regime (feed/feed/water, feed/water/feed, etc)?

I felt that maybe I kept trying to correct something so much that I ended up doing too much.

I feed them about every watering but below half strength, so they don't really get much when feeding. But then again, maybe they are. Should I flush and then water a couple of times with just straight water? Or skip the flush?

chomsky

I currently have no way to check ph and im broke as fuck and wont be buying one anytime soon.

Maybe for the next few watering I will give only straight water and maybe add some hydrated lime? Maybe flush? I don't know, but I have been growing for many years without testing ph and haven't had problems to this extent yet. I wanna get them out of this stage before flipping but need to flip within a week or week and a half.

Dude Chill, Just relax... You are doing too much too fast. Adding Hydrated lime wont help at this point. That stuff has to be in your soil and buffer over time. DO yourself a favor and at least get a cheap PH meter. Like $20 at a hydro store. Get on a set feeding schedule. Water water feed. AND Only water or feed when your soil is about dry(as you are). Let those roots stretch. Most of all just try to regain balance. There is no need at all to feed every time even at half strength...

chomsky

And I live over 150 miles away from the nearest hydro store man.
order a ph pen off ebay... I dont know? I probably wouldn't flush again... Sounds like youre stressing the shit out of the plants. Just let your soil dry up a bit then start water water feed. If all else fails, start from scratch again and go slow and easy..

Latest posts

Latest posts