What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

....A Torrid Week......but we are still afloat!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
......well guys....the last week has been a little bit of a rocky ride for us around here.....

.....Alot of the original core of I.C.Mag members feel like we were crusing around the North Atlantic a hundred years or so ago and we came across the Thaitanic going down......so we have been trying to rescue as many as we can.... taking more than the servers could bear innitially.....(thats why the site crashed 8-9 times last week).....it felt like we were going down with the weight of traffic, but some quick thinking and good technicians solved the problem and it seems like we can stand the added load now...(with a 4 gig Ram upgrade) and are happy to assimilate the good fellows amongst you into the passenger list and the crew........

We will all have to muck in together during the next months and weeks untill we can find out if it is possible to salvage and re-float OG and CW........Accomodation might be a bit cramped for a while untill we can get the planned extensions built to be able to house you all comfortably and happily........some of us may have to sleep in steerage untill then and food and services might not be as fast as you like them untill we have properly organized the canteen staff to accomodate the influx of hungry souls..........Hopefully we can all keep a level head in these troubled times...

....Full speed a-head......and steady as she goes Mr Pink....

...*special thanks to DG and GL.......keep on keeping on....

G

Indeed,Gypsy... It reminded me of the aftermath of the US hurricanes this year... People fleeing, some scared, some confused, some angry... looking for a place to find some comfort and information. It was difficult on alot of the school systems in surrounding states, the influx of new students, some without any records from their previous schooling.
I am glad that ICmag can be a port in the storm for these displaced by recent events.

Captain Skunk

At the risk of sounding redundant, I would like to thank all the IC'ers for thier hospitality and patience with the influx of refugees.

I'm sure many of you resent the fact that your beautiful home has been invaded enmasse. Unfortunately in our exodus, some of the undesirables have made the migration with us.

Give us dedicated growers, some time to win your hearts and earn your respect, I'm sure both sides have plenty to offer each other.

Thanks again for those of you that have accepted us with open arms, we'll try not to soil the carpets too badly.

Thanks again.
CS

crossthread

Hey! The Steerage area isn't so bad.. I've been down here for a few months, the food is,, well, alot too be desired, but it IS comfy...... I/We could use a couple more pillows and Blankets though....
Keep up the great work Mr. Gypsy and Admins.
Peace,

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
“A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and could only have one book, what would it be?
I always say 'How to Build a Boat”
;) :D

Thanks Skipper,
I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all the "behind the scene" folks around here for all they do to make this a better place for us all to have our little (not so little anymore) slice of heaven on the net.

I've gone and made a few new friends this week and am looking forward to the future>>>...

Many a world class "fantasy marijuana gardener" has boarded ship apparently and I am looking forward to hearing the various "big whoppers" fisherman type stories from them...*
Writing as though they were actually tending gardens, such vivid imaginations these people...
it's as if they were actually doing it or sumthin'...wink wink...
pssst, don't tell anybody, but I think some of those guys from California may actually be growing some pot, but shhh, thats a secret. ;) :D

I remember back in the mid-late nineties in the "usenet" posting days...
A friend of a friend (foaf) used to grow a lot of weed for everybody (but none of the actual posters did. hehe ;) ;) :)

The future is looking so bright around here...
we may have to issue sunglasses to the passengers. ;) :D

Now where do you keep the deck chairs at...?

IMB :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
*You know the fish was pretty big..., come to think of it, it was huge...no actually it was gigantic, the biggest I've ever seen...now ya got a fish story.

Last edited:
G

I wonder if it would be a good idea (secuity wise) to go through the site here and un-link any OG or CW URL's in threads. This would help prevent people accidentally clicking on a link and possibly getting an IP number logged. Yes, I know it's not a good idea to click to other sites, but many people do it without thinking.

Willie

LMAO, Gypsy!
Is the "Thaitanic" a mis-spelling or tongue-in-cheek? :chin:
Glad you're the captain of this good ship!
Peace,
Willie

G

Exactly, Both sides are in shock and in morning.We really have more in common than anybody in the world. We must let everyone vent their spleen that's part of the healing process, and then come together to make us all stronger. Let's strive for that goal.

G

Thanks for providing such a Great home Gypsy! not only do you have great forums but also a grand seedbank! Its sad and also frightening that OG went down! i guess we all can cope here.

Thanks, BlowD

Sleepy

Veteran
seedbay.com seedboutique.com....

seedbay.com seedboutique.com....

welcome aboard all new folks!! :wave:

thanks for the forum, Gypsy, Dutchgrown, Green Lantern, Old Pink, & Staff!

now get to seedBay, seedboutique, and start browsing...there's lots of cool stuff. :yummy:

touch my monkey :monkeyeat

G

ambre said:
I wonder if it would be a good idea (secuity wise) to go through the site here and un-link any OG or CW URL's in threads. This would help prevent people accidentally clicking on a link and possibly getting an IP number logged. Yes, I know it's not a good idea to click to other sites, but many people do it without thinking.
:yes: I agree.... or at least make an announcment for folks to take that out temporarily until we know exactly what is going to happen.... good thinking Ambre!

OK, Tuesday's basically gone and new info, not what we were hoping for, but I don't know what exactly we're waiting to hear anyway.

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
"mind guerrillas"... united together...

"mind guerrillas"... united together...

Mind Games
By: John Lennon

We're playing those mind games together,

Pushing barriers, planting seeds,

Playing the mind guerilla,

Chanting the Mantra peace on earth,

We all been playing mind games forever,

Some kinda druid dudes lifting the veil.

Doing the mind guerilla,

Some call it the search for the grail,

Love is the answer and you know that for sure,

Love is flower you got to let it, you got to let it grow,

So keep on playing those mind games together,

Faith in the future outta the now,

You just can't beat on those mind guerillas,

Absolute elsewhere in the stones of your mind,

Yeah we're playing those mind games forever,

Projecting our images in space and in time,

Yes is the answer and you know that for sure,

Yes is the surrender you got to let it, you got to let it go,

So keep on playing those mind games together,

Doing the ritual dance inn the sun,

Millions of mind guerrillas,

Putting their soul power to the karmic wheel,

Keep on playing those mind games forever,

Raising the spirit of peace and love, not war,

(I want you to make love, not war, I know you've heard it before)

Last edited:

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Another thing. Many of us never visited this place untill we were forced to. We had a home, a hurricane smashed it. We will never forget your hospitality. Never. We are stronger now. Can you feel it? We are EVERYWHERE! BTW I love how fast this site is. I miss OG but this place rocks. Maybe Gypsy should buy the overgrow url? I bet it will be back somehow, somewhere....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
scrappy420 said:
That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Another thing. Many of us never visited this place untill we were forced to. We had a home, a hurricane smashed it. We will never forget your hospitality. Never. We are stronger now. Can you feel it? We are EVERYWHERE! BTW I love how fast this site is. I miss OG but this place rocks. Maybe Gypsy should buy the overgrow url? I bet it will be back somehow, somewhere....

...well ...lets all communally wish that Overgrow and CW...(and R.C.) will come back again from the Abyss.........and we will once again have the use of that great resorce....

...my hospitality is given to all who feel displaced un-reservedly(well.....except for the negative entities).....and also as always to our cherished, established membership for generally being so tolerant in these harrowing times....

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
Hey bro, if an a-hole messes it up, ban 'em. One problem with the og group was a bunch of right wing people paid for their membership and proceeded to turbopost their love for George Bush and bombing iraqis. I actually mentioned more than once that these people were the enemy and people said I should tolerate them. Why keep the enemy in bed? Most of these jokers had no growing interest or experience. They spewed hatred and actually managed to take over political forums. OG eventually got rid of the shark tank which made it worse because they jumped into other furums on the site. I figure as long as you make an example of the worst ones, it should be fine. Most of us just want a place to chill, not spew political crap. Peace

XbX

Gypsy Nirvana said:
........Hopefully we can all keep a level head in these troubled times...

hmm after seeing all the erratic postings, rumours, disappearing vendor forums, deserting breeders, departing owner(s)?? i don't think a high % of us have been able to keep to the standard described above! can we just forget the :badday: and get on with the :joint: and then we will all be :jump: