Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

Thread Title Search
Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2016, 05:59 AM #411
Mudraya

Mudraya has a spectacular aura aboutMudraya has a spectacular aura aboutMudraya has a spectacular aura aboutMudraya has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castroman View Post
Can someone please summarize for a foreigner what's so appealing about Bubba Kush? I don't have access to any version of Bubba Kush. From what I read I don't see the appeal of a plant with small yields of couchlocky weed. Is it the coffee flavor? Because if that's the reason, well, just have a ristretto.
To your point... why have a ristretto? -Because you like/love it. When you grow this it's out of love for the plant. You don't do it to have bragging rights about highest yields or 2 liter sized colas. You've made the decision about quality over quantity. As far as the couchlock...not everyone experiences indicas the same way.
Mudraya is offline Quote

Old 11-05-2016, 12:05 PM #412
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
i don't really see the hype that much either. i mean it's good, but the amount of time and effort for the returns...i would sell this shit for $30 a gram real talk.

takes forever to veg, don'e in like 70 days, smells like coffee and chocolate, tastes like gasoline and minty citrus with a coffee/cocoa back, fairly strong indica.

i dunno maybe it's unique for an indica, i don't really like em and haven't grown many pures, cept the g13 which is...like coffee and hot dumpster mixed together...

but seriously the amount of time you need to veg to get a decent yield and the actual returns...i would think personally it's all about being able to say you have legit bubba now...there's gotta be similarly potent faster vegging and growing indica's by now. g13 for instance. grows really vigorous.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:35 PM #413
slipdefeu

slipdefeu has a spectacular aura aboutslipdefeu has a spectacular aura aboutslipdefeu has a spectacular aura aboutslipdefeu has a spectacular aura aboutslipdefeu has a spectacular aura about
bubba katsu F+60

vibes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010459.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	385941 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010469.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	385942 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010464.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	385943 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010465.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	385944 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010466.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	385945

slipdefeu is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:36 PM #414
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
I snagged a pre98 from A2 last week. She is pretty lookin, not expecting any yield from her or the OGKB but they might get their own led and corner in the flower room in the future to keep a variety around here. I'll get some pics up soon.
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2017, 04:25 PM #415
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Hope ya enjoy it Waxy. I got a half gallon jar from one 24-28 inch untopped Bubba bush. Guessing it was around 3 zips. She was about as wide as she was tall & no popcorn grown under the sun.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 01-27-2017, 09:25 PM #416
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByLove View Post
i don't really see the hype that much either. i mean it's good, but the amount of time and effort for the returns...i would sell this shit for $30 a gram real talk.

takes forever to veg, don'e in like 70 days, smells like coffee and chocolate, tastes like gasoline and minty citrus with a coffee/cocoa back, fairly strong indica.

i dunno maybe it's unique for an indica, i don't really like em and haven't grown many pures, cept the g13 which is...like coffee and hot dumpster mixed together...

but seriously the amount of time you need to veg to get a decent yield and the actual returns...i would think personally it's all about being able to say you have legit bubba now...there's gotta be similarly potent faster vegging and growing indica's by now. g13 for instance. grows really vigorous.
It's not only completely unique terpene wise it is an incredible breeding tool for the gene pool. Perfect plant for many situations. I.E. rooms that require very short stout plants...and I could list 87498273498273409 variables it is beneficial too. Just because it does not fit some of your guys checklist doesn't mean it does not for many others. Lots of people could care less about yield and vigor vs. quality just look at how popular OG's and Cookie's has become...All low yielding weak structure, but extreme quality and great breeding tools to boot.

Reading many posts like these makes me wonder how many game changing plants have been tossed out, because they simply did not fit the person growing it personal preference. /shudder

Click here for a link to all of my grows
40AmpstoFreedom is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:27 PM #417
B4URTIME

B4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud ofB4URTIME has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
It's not only completely unique terpene wise it is an incredible breeding tool for the gene pool. Perfect plant for many situations. I.E. rooms that require very short stout plants...and I could list 87498273498273409 variables it is beneficial too. Just because it does not fit some of your guys checklist doesn't mean it does not for many others. Lots of people could care less about yield and vigor vs. quality just look at how popular OG's and Cookie's has become...All low yielding weak structure, but extreme quality and great breeding tools to boot.

Reading many posts like these makes me wonder how many game changing plants have been tossed out, because they simply did not fit the person growing it personal preference. /shudder
Yeah I choose my keepers based on nothing but how they smoke, I am out for quality if I need quantity I'll add more lights and more plants. I like a solid plant but I will not toss a keeper cause its lanky or floppy or not heavy producer.

My Buds Kicks Your Buds Ass, Taste Is Exceptional, Buds Are Impeccable, Anything Less Is Unacceptable 'BudHammad Ali'
B4URTIME is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:10 PM #418
slipdefeu

slipdefeu has a spectacular aura aboutslipdefeu has a spectacular aura aboutslipdefeu has a spectacular aura aboutslipdefeu has a spectacular aura aboutslipdefeu has a spectacular aura about
Katsu before harvest

slipdefeu is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:34 PM #419
3rd-3yed

3rd-3yed is just really nice3rd-3yed is just really nice3rd-3yed is just really nice3rd-3yed is just really nice3rd-3yed is just really nice3rd-3yed is just really nice3rd-3yed is just really nice3rd-3yed is just really nice3rd-3yed is just really nice3rd-3yed is just really nice
Nice Katsu homie, well done on the flush !
3rd-3yed is offline Quote

Old 01-29-2017, 01:06 PM #420
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByLove View Post

if you're the type of grower that looks in their wallet to decide if a plant is worth it, then the bubba likely isn't for you.

that said, if you have a separate veg area and get your scheduling right, i think a dialled in pre-98 bubba is not too shabby yield-wise.
ive had 1.2 gpw from it.

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.