What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa GROW Thread

Nopalito

Whoa cool thread. Glad I found it! I'm about to plant some sativas in the summer. Choosing between:
-Coastal Seeds Burmese IBL
-Oaxacan Highland IBL
-Mexican Haze F2
-Bodhi Seeds Soar (Panama Red x Old Mother Ghani)

I run four 20 gallon notill pots. Based on my thread it sounds like there's a potential for these things to get huge and fill my 4 x 4 x 6 tent. Will probably have to veg quick on this one, planning to LST them as well. I've heard good things about Burmese indoors, right now I'm leaning toward that or the Soar. Since Coastal just disbanded, I'm kind of hesitant to pop those, I kind of want to keep them till I get my Sativa process dialed. Any opinions?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Does anyone else find indoor sativa buds lacking? OR rather outdoor buds to be a more pleasant smoke regardless of the variety? Has anyone tried fixing that using UVB?

I'm going at it again with this 13w UVB bulb. I''m only giving the plants bursts of UVB, from 5 minutes to 15 minutes tops, per day. -That's not enough to fry them and lose THC but they know what this thing is and what it does so there should be changes in the resin profile. They main light is a Mars hydro 600 LED. I'm on a 11/13 Light schedule at the moment. The strain selection is very up and sativa.

Thoughts, experiences?

Attachments

• photo2046095.jpg
    photo2046095.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 42

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
20 minutes a day might be better to increase the resin. DId you use the TS600?

Yeah TS600, I like it! I might try giving the plants a bit longer bursts towards the end but I haven't read the science so I've been careful not to burn them. I feel like I'm deeper in the blue spectrum than usual with this setup. (My previous bulb was a "red" CFL.)

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Yeah TS600, I like it! I might try giving the plants a bit longer bursts towards the end but I haven't read the science so I've been careful not to burn them. I feel like I'm deeper in the blue spectrum than usual with this setup. (My previous bulb was a "red" CFL.)

sounds good. keep it up. :good:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
And yesterday I forgot the damn thing on for what felt like at least half an hour. :covereyes: No burns! They seem to have adapted to the light very well so that should be reflected somehow in resin quality. The UV light does work btw. It burned a tester plant to a crisp overnight.

hanfiking

Whoa cool thread. Glad I found it! I'm about to plant some sativas in the summer. Choosing between:
-Coastal Seeds Burmese IBL
-Oaxacan Highland IBL
-Mexican Haze F2
-Bodhi Seeds Soar (Panama Red x Old Mother Ghani)

I run four 20 gallon notill pots. Based on my thread it sounds like there's a potential for these things to get huge and fill my 4 x 4 x 6 tent. Will probably have to veg quick on this one, planning to LST them as well. I've heard good things about Burmese indoors, right now I'm leaning toward that or the Soar. Since Coastal just disbanded, I'm kind of hesitant to pop those, I kind of want to keep them till I get my Sativa process dialed. Any opinions?

I think its probably best to flower from seed if you are in a tent

hanfiking

honestly, i still think this is one of the greatest threads about cannabis ever. some one should write a book on it and sell it on amazon

Latest posts

Latest posts