What's new

Need a Medical Recipe

Joemutt1978

O.K. here is the deal,

My cousin has been in and out of the hospital, surgery after surgery, for the past year. I won't go into detail about his condition, because I can't fix that. What I do plan to fix is his pain and loss of appetite.

He is in so much pain, he takes morphine all day, and can not eat anything, he is down to skin and bones. If he could just light up a big old fatty, he would, but he can't just take bong rips in the hospital.

I need a recipe for a cookie, that is it, just one cookie, or brownie, or something real small. He just can not eat solids, if I told him it had weed in it, he would try to eat it, but just a regular cookie would be a struggle to eat.

I want the doctors to come in the room at night, and say "Damn, you haven't used any morphine all day, and look at that, he actually ate his supper!"

He is the type that will tell the doctors how much better he is, and how he would have been living an ordinary life had he been able to use "his" medicine instead of "theirs".

Any help would be greatful, and I don't grow enough to make a big batch, so I can only afford him a small amount.

Thanks

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Heres a link ...

Heres a link ...

To some Cannabis recipes over at The American Alliance For Medical Cannabis. Hope this helps. :)
http://www.letfreedomgrow.com/recipes/index.htm

One can make Cannabis Butter and then cook that into whatever goodie you care to. :)

From the A.A.M.C. website..

Better Bud Butter

We’ve received numerous inquiries about just how one goes about making butter for all of these recipes. Well, folks have been making butter from cannabis for as long as I can remember which unfortunately is quite long. In the 60’s butter was not widely used as cannabis was in short supply and many folks smoked the leaves as well as any flowers (bud) they might acquire.

Even before the widespread use of medical cannabis in the 80’s and 90’s, increasing numbers of folks who had access to significant quantities of leaf, began to use basic recipes to make cooking products including butter and oil. All of these basic recipes involved slow and low cooking of dairy butter (or oil) and chopped leaf (in roughly equal proportions) to produce a deep green butter. This butter could be very potent but tastes pretty terrible. The problem is that butter made from the whole leaf will include both the chlorophyll and terpenes (as in turpentine) from the plant.

The use of Cannabis for medical purposes has spurred innovation and variety in Cannabis products. Many patients cannot or will not smoke. Of course there are vaporizers and tincture (the subject of a future recipe) but butter is the easiest to cook with and food products are not only well tolerated but can be very tasty and add much needed nutrition. The better the butter the greater the application is in recipes ranging from baked goods to soups to stews, to a wide variety of sauces.

This author relies on the "experts" for the following butter recipes. There are a few basic principles to good butter:

1. Use very low heat as to not lower the potency or alter the biochemical characteristics of the Cannabis.
2. Use high quality sweet unsalted dairy butter.
3. Use a roughly 50/50 ratio (by weight) of plant product and dairy butter. With potent strains or flowers instead of trim the ratio can be easily changed to 10/1 (butter to plant). The resulting butter will have lighter color and better taste.

Bud Butter and Trim Butter: Manicure and dry flowers and/or bud trimmings. Grind to a powder with an electric coffee grinder. Melt the unsalted dairy butter first in a crock pot set on low. Gradually add the trim or flower powder with constant stirring. Cook in crock pot covered on the lowest setting with frequent stirring for two to four hours. Before the dark green butter cools, pour through a cheese cloth and squeeze into plastic tubs. Once the butter cools you can cover the tubs and place them in the refrigerator to finish cooling.

Potency: Potency of butter can vary tremendously depending upon the strain and which portions of the plant are used. Adding four to six ounces of powdered bud trim to two pounds of dairy butter will produce extremely powerful butter. Adding 2-4 tablespoons of such butter to a recipe that serves 10 means that each portion is receiving approximately 1-3 grams of Cannabis. Cookies and brownies made with this butter can be even stronger. Most of the good cookie recipes call for as much as 16 tablespoons of butter to three dozen cookies. These cookies are strong. Although patient dose requirements for orally delivered Cannabis are 4-10X higher than when smoked, one can see a portion can be quite potent. Unlike smoked Cannabis, the effects of the butter will appear more slowly and have much longer duration.

Storage: Butter can be kept in the freezer in airtight containers. Butter kept in this fashion can last many months. One should frequently inspect the butter to insure mold has not spoiled it. If mold has developed or the butter has been exposed and become rancid then it is best to toss it. When in doubt, throw it out.

:)

Last edited:

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Also from the A.A.M.C. website

Also from the A.A.M.C. website

Patty Pot Peanut Butter Canny Cookies
A Delightful Snack from the Canny Bus Trip Kit
New and Improved!!!

All right. No excuses now. Here’s a recipe that’s so easy, so cheap, and so potent that you have to try it. Nancy Wife and I love peanut butter cookies. For us, the chewier and more peanut buttery the cookie, the better they are. This recipe is simple but there are some tricks.

Trick One: Make your cannabutter with unsalted (sweet) butter. Remember, low and slow for that emerald green butter. Check out “Better Bud Butter” for cannabutter preparation tips. Our cannabutter is derived from California Orange from the Western Sierra slopes. Obviously, our butter mentor was named Patty. Either that or we just love alliteration.

Trick Two: Cannabutter does not bake the same way as dairy butter. The melting point and other physical characteristics are different. You can use all cannabutter or use a 75/25 mix of cannabutter and sweet dairy butter. If you dilute the cannabutter you obviously will have less potent cookies. Instead of diluting try adding a bit of Crisco and/or extra peanut butter.

Trick Three: Depending on just how your cannabutter was made, the cookies will cook differently. Remember to check your cookies every couple of minutes after the initial nine minutes. Canny cookies generally cook in about 2/3 thirds of the time as normal. Baking temperatures should be lower.

Ingredients:

¾ cup Better Bud Butter (room temperature)
¾ cup cane sugar
1 ¼ cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs
20 oz creamy peanut butter (Nancy only uses Jif)
2 tablespoons vanilla extract (oh, use the good stuff)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda (fresh-not the one open in the fridge)
3 to 3 ½ cups of sifted flour

Method:

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and grease up or butter a nonstick cookie sheet (I like the PAM no stick spray of canola oil)

In a large bowl beat the butter until soft (or use a double boiler). Add both sugars and mix until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. We use a bowl and large rubber spatula for this. Avoid electric mixers as you may end up with paste instead of cookie dough (Nancy Wife is expert with mixers and can get away with it). A range of flour is given as sometimes you just have to eyeball the amount and use just enough flour to keep the dough from being runny. Sift together all of the dry ingredients and then mix into the butter/egg mixture. Add peanut butter to taste. We use about 20 ounces.

Important Tip: Refrigerate the dough for at least three hours.

Roll the dough into rounded teaspoon sized balls and arrange on the cookie sheet. Press down on each ball with a fork making a crisscross pattern. Bake for 9-12 minutes until light brown. The American Peanut Butter Cookie Association (APBCA) informs me that cookies without the traditional crisscross do not count.

Optional: Add some chocolate bits to the dough when ready or place on the tops of the cookie.

Warning! Depending upon the potency of your cannabutter, these little cookies can be very strong. Do not eat them like you would a bag of Chip Ahoys. One is great. Two is wonderful. Any consumption over two is strictly recreational not medical. Remember cannabis medicine is only illegal for those who enjoy it.

Recommended beverage: Got milk?

:)

Last edited:
hmmmmmmmmm if he can tolerate milk and dairy products liberty's bhang wolud be a good place to start...........when my old man was dying of cancer one of his friends had gotten sone tincture for him and it helped the eating and upset belly a lot.I think i saw a formula for tincture in the hashish forums that might be a better place to start.........good luck hope he gets well...............

One eyed Jack Reckem

This might help you

This might help you

Highhhh There One eye jack, :wave:
well not knowing whats your friend health problem is,
I can "ONLY" make a suggestion for you,
you may like like or not, but your friend is in need.
Got to eat if you want to live. :yummy:
The suggestion of using my Bhang recipe is a good one,
No nuts in it ,
so you dont have to worry about any food reactions with meds being taken.

Another way for you is to get tinture from med clubs,
or make yourself some "Green Alien Tinture",
My recipe works very well for what sounds like your struggling with.
Tinture if made right and has enough buds(FLOWERS) in it.
Follow my recipe for help in making a correct tinture to use.
In your case use FLOWERS ONLY to make your recipe.
PM me for amounts to use if help is needed in conversion's.

Everyone that Ive helped with in the past,
most were at their end, barely could eat,if not at all,
Couldnt smoke it lungs already had to much fluid in them,
No help there,
So if they were homebound Hospice Care then we could blow smoke or better yet Vapors at them in a passive way.

Those that were too far gone or hospital bound, tintures help.

The rest is Prayers.

Hope Ive Helped
Peace be with you
and my prayers are with you and your friend.

Peace,
Liberty Balance