in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Soil recipe help

Thread Title Search
Soil recipe help Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2018, 06:11 PM #1
Packer420

Packer420 is on a distinguished road
Soil recipe help

Will copy a soil recipe i found here but couldnt access the bone and blood meal.

Would this work;

23.5 gals potting mix local
9 kg EWC/vermicast
2 kg perlite
3 cups dolomite lime
2 cups kelp meal
1 cup epsom salt
1 cup bat guano ( says 10-3-0 i think )

Thinking off adding humus as well 4 tsp?

Shipping here for bone and blood meal would be sooo expensive like 4x the product bought so would settle for this if i can get away..

👍🏽??
Packer420 is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2018, 11:58 PM #2
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
Leave out the Epsom since it is instantly soluble. Apply as needed thru life cycle. Good luck. -granger

Old 07-16-2018, 12:08 AM #3
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to allLost in a SOG is a name known to all
Looks good man. I tend to make two mixes personally,, I veg for 3-6 weeks in a slightly higher blood meal mix, relatively, then pot up into a slightly higher bone meal mix but still with plenty of blood/kelp meal in still and give them a week to adjust before flower.
https://www.americanherbalistsguild.com/member-profiles
Real physics:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/about/syn/

~~Differences make us stronger~~
Lost in a SOG is online now Quote

Old 07-16-2018, 01:37 AM #4
Packer420

Thanks much guys. Really helpful words from your xperience means a lot for noobs like me. So leaving bone meal and blood meal is okay? I really dont think i can regularly get them fron here without spending a lot.

Old 07-16-2018, 04:59 AM #5
Midnight Tokar

Midnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of lightMidnight Tokar is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer420 View Post
Will copy a soil recipe i found here but couldnt access the bone and blood meal.

Would this work;

23.5 gals potting mix local
9 kg EWC/vermicast
2 kg perlite
3 cups dolomite lime
2 cups kelp meal
1 cup epsom salt
1 cup bat guano ( says 10-3-0 i think )

Thinking off adding humus as well 4 tsp?

Shipping here for bone and blood meal would be sooo expensive like 4x the product bought so would settle for this if i can get away..

👍🏽??

If that is a commercial potting mix it ought to be close to PH neutral already and may already have calcium/magnesium. 3 cups of dolomite lime seems to be quite excessive, even if it were Peat Moss which is acidic I wouldn't use that much for your base quantity.

Also 2kg of perlite could be an enormous amount, I try to stick to using the same type of measurements for all amendments. So I would use about a third of your 23.5 gallons base, 8 gallons perlite.

Maybe you can source fishbone meal and or crab/crustacean meal in place of the bone meal? You could also use alfalfa meal in place of the blood meal if it's easier to source.

By all means add the humus.
Midnight Tokar is offline Quote

Old 07-16-2018, 05:47 AM #6
Infinitelight5D

Infinitelight5D will become famous soon enoughInfinitelight5D will become famous soon enoughInfinitelight5D will become famous soon enough
I agree with what's been said above but would also like to say Neptune's harvest fish +seaweed is really great during veg. And also look into sulfur of potash or langbeinite for flower if you have access.
Infinitelight5D is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:30 AM #7
Packer420

I see. Thanks again. Ive searched and I dont think I can also score some alfalfa, crab and fishbone meal not unless I have them shipped out. Would decrease the dolomite to 2 cups you think? and add more perlite hehehe.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:32 AM #8
Packer420

I followed how he measure his recipe with the amount of base I have but yeah id go with less is better always. He also advised to let the EWC sit 1-2 moisten before use. Let me try to find that recipe here. But I really need to find a local substitute for his bone and blood meal since that is the recipe.

Thanks for always helping out!

Old 07-16-2018, 10:49 AM #9
Packer420

Revised Recipe, after several failures due to bad manure sources, I now use the following recipe. Results have been excellent and the clones seem to take off right away instead of having a slow growing settling in period:
1 Bale sunshine mix #2 or promix (3.8 cu ft)
8 cups Bone Meal - phosphorus source
4 cups Blood Meal - nitrogen source
1 1/3 cups Epsom salts - magnesium source 3-4 cups dolomite lime -calcium source & pH buffering
1 tsp fritted trace elements
4 cups kelp meal.
9kg (25 lbs) bag pure worm castings

Mix thoroughly, moisten, and let sit 1-2 weeks before use.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:25 PM #10
Switcher56

Switcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to beholdSwitcher56 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer420 View Post
Revised Recipe, after several failures due to bad manure sources, I now use the following recipe. Results have been excellent and the clones seem to take off right away instead of having a slow growing settling in period:
1 Bale sunshine mix #2 or promix (3.8 cu ft)
8 cups Bone Meal - phosphorus source
4 cups Blood Meal - nitrogen source
1 1/3 cups Epsom salts - magnesium source 3-4 cups dolomite lime -calcium source & pH buffering
1 tsp fritted trace elements
4 cups kelp meal.
9kg (25 lbs) bag pure worm castings

Mix thoroughly, moisten, and let sit 1-2 weeks before use.
Corrected that for you
of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote