What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sativa Summer

I started all these inside earlier hoping that they will finish OK. I think even the Colombian Black has a chance.
Zamaldelica

Malawi

Acapulco Gold (Bodhi)

Purple Haze X Malawi

Colombian Black

Plus I chopped a nice Panama earlier this week.

These have been wheeled in and out of my garage for a 12/12 schedule since early May. I took some clones and will let them flower by themselves (just to see if they will finish on time in Michigan) along with my Indicas.

SolarLogos

Nice job BeaverIsland! Those look great and should keep you happy for a while. I've been doing the same thing as you, lugging the plants in and out of my shed every am/pm. I can put out a couple of plants each month and harvest a couple each month that way.
Peace

therevverend

Veteran
Beautiful especially for early light dep. The Acapulco Gold is my favorite.
Now you're letting them go with the natural light cycle? Going to be interesting how it works.
I put out a plant 4 weeks into flowering because it was a hermaphrodite in late April. It continued flowering through May and finished all right.
This is different because we're zeroing on on the summer solstice. Are you worried they might go regen on you? I'd think waiting 4 weeks might be the safer bet. Mid July I'd expect them to finish no worries.

Beautiful especially for early light dep. The Acapulco Gold is my favorite.
Now you're letting them go with the natural light cycle? Going to be interesting how it works.
I put out a plant 4 weeks into flowering because it was a hermaphrodite in late April. It continued flowering through May and finished all right.
This is different because we're zeroing on on the summer solstice. Are you worried they might go regen on you? I'd think waiting 4 weeks might be the safer bet. Mid July I'd expect them to finish no worries.
I will continue to force flower them by pulling them into the garage at night for 12/12. The only one I'm really concerned about is that Colombian Black, but if it doesn't finish before it gets cold I can always bring it in and put it under the lights. I had 2 small (2 gallon) plants of BlueBerry X Colombian Black that have been chopped and are curing at the moment but I've read that pure Colombian Black takes around 20 weeks. It's a lot of screwing around this far North but heh... I'm retired and enjoy doing what I'm doing :dance013:

Last edited:
Nice job BeaverIsland! Those look great and should keep you happy for a while. I've been doing the same thing as you, lugging the plants in and out of my shed every am/pm. I can put out a couple of plants each month and harvest a couple each month that way.
Peace
I have them on a 4'X8' wagon and hook it up to a golf cart so it's not all that bad. The only problem is my 12/12 schedule is 7am and 7 pm so I haven't been able to sleep in for awhile.

gr8fulguitr

I like you style. How much longer in flower for the Zamaldelica you figure? They all look good. Enjoy the day!:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Very nice line up of genetics Beaver Islander. Being retired would make my grows much easier.
Come on lottery numbers! Peace

barefrog

Hola Gang

I love it

you think they are going to go
another 6 week , so they could
double in size.

Bravo

Bare

I just about have a new home for my vegging plants, all I need to do now is figure out the gate and I'll be good to go. I'd like to have the whole middle section swing open so I can back the trailer with flowering plants in and lock it up during the day. I'm not to worried about theft but being 100% legal will be a good feeling.

therevverend

Veteran
A few years back I had some Malawis, Vietnamese Black x Thai, and a couple of others. I started the seeds in July let them go until late October when it got too cold and wet to leave them outdoors. By then they were well into flowering.
Moved them indoors under lights and they finished by December. Worked great.

A few years back I had some Malawis, Vietnamese Black x Thai, and a couple of others. I started the seeds in July let them go until late October when it got too cold and wet to leave them outdoors. By then they were well into flowering.
Moved them indoors under lights and they finished by December. Worked great.
That's good to hear Rev, thanks.

barefrog

Hola Gang

So would you keep them

in pot instead of plain ground ?

I assume up-rooting plant in the
fall must be a shock hard to come
back from.
So my next question what size
pot would be used .

Thank

Bare

Hola Gang

So would you keep them

in pot instead of plain ground ?

I assume up-rooting plant in the
fall must be a shock hard to come
back from.
So my next question what size
pot would be used .

Thank

Bare
I use pots between 2 and 25 gallon but I like the 10's the best. I like to be able to move them around closer to harvest.

therevverend

Veteran
Awesome to hear you're legal. Michigan has always seemed like a nice place to me, at least the northern part.

Nice cage, I can see that thing packed green with plant growth. It'll keep the critters out which is a problem wherever you grow.

I'd be a little concerned about the two legged ones. Any body of water is going to attract people. I'd predict there'll be drunk people in boats floating by during the summer.

Pirates use ships for a reason they could sail in, rip your crop and be gone quickly. I'd consider some sort of an alarm, night watchmen, vicious guard creatures, anything to keep the thieves away.

herbgreen

Veteran
yeah, a little of that cheap white diffusion cloth might go a long way at least on the sides

And out of sight out of mind

Nice set up

The middle bay has 8 flowering plants, the right side has six good sized vegging plants in 20 or 25 gallon pots, and the left side has 10 more vegging plants.
The 100lb Rottie is Louie :biggrin:

Still no gate but I'm hoping to get that done this weekend.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BeaverIslander,

Thanks for starting a thread with your new growing adventures :)

All the sativa strains you are growing look great in their last stage of flowering, it's a hard job to move the plants in and out daily at exactly the same times, especially when plants are being grown in bigger pots, so congrats for your efforts and results, a hard but successful alternative compared to flower them in a light dep greenhouse, but they really seem to be enjoying the sun and temps from late spring and early summer in your location.

Best wishes for the rest of the flowering!