What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

theJointedOne

Veteran
Great post Terpene

Just washed some butter i had in the freezer, after 4 washes the runoff is pure clear almost, and the butter smells and looks divine,

tonight im gonna make the next batch with cinnamon,
thanks again!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
hell yeah. I been taking it every night and it keeps me relaxed and happy. I sleep very well all through the night.

I made it with coconut oil and I just eat it plain. Very clean.
coconut oil.. you mean eat it like peanut butter? a spoonful?

will you give a brand/type coconut oil used? i'll try it. would one use the same proportion of canna to butter, oz to oz?

Korngut

Terpene. great thread! I used the method for several pounds of butter. I put the cinnamon in when baking brownies or mixed in into semi sweet chocolate for dipping. Made several hundred treats and took to a festie this weekend. everyone loved them and a lot of people got knocked out. thanks again

Daub Marley

Yeah, the longer it cooks the better and stronger it gets.

At first the mix is greenish, then brown, dark brown and then black. When you get to the black color, you're there. Any further cooking is diminishing returns, doesn't seem to affect the potency, but doesn't add anything either.

My crockpot takes about 8 hours on low to get to this point, but I have gone as long as 12 hours for giggles. So far, 8-9 seems to be about right, but the main thing is to look for that blackened color.
2Q==

Daub Marley

Yeah, the longer it cooks the better and stronger it gets.

At first the mix is greenish, then brown, dark brown and then black. When you get to the black color, you're there. Any further cooking is diminishing returns, doesn't seem to affect the potency, but doesn't add anything either.

My crockpot takes about 8 hours on low to get to this point, but I have gone as long as 12 hours for giggles. So far, 8-9 seems to be about right, but the main thing is to look for that blackened color.
You will get a more potent butter with less time and a hotter temperature.
2Q==

Sarcclash

Well I did the long boil - 8hrs, crock pot on low - but used coconut oil and no cinnamon with just low quality prunings, some males and dropped leaves and wow!
I can't wait to try this with some serious trim.:tiphat:

Oh yeah, I mixed the rendered oil with some dark chocolate. 50/50 by volume.
:whee:

Apache Kush

Stealth butter is great.
Love that idea of washing out the waste water, learned somthing new

This one one time, I came home and wanted to eat the rest of some
Tuna casserole with cannabutter I made.

Only the dish was on the kitchen floor, dammit I mumbled

It was licked clean by the faimly dog, lmao the rest my
sister had ate without knowing lol

I asked how she was doing/feeling, she said ''Good Im tired''
but she was toasted and fell asleep on the couch before it really kicked her in the ass Lmao.

RandomMan

I Build Things
ICMag Donor
Wow.... never thought about multiple extractions. Similar to curing greens, in my opinion. Great post!

I'm a big fan of butter!

T

The_Core

Never made cannabutter. I can make it with hash correct?

What about the method described in this thread....Does it make the whole place smell like weed? I live in an apartment and I like how this method sounds but I cant make my whole place smell like weed. Last I remember slow cooking crock pots make alot of smell from whatever they are cooking.......

Morcheeba*

Veteran
i made some and all i could smell was cinnamon

EDIT: just because i couldnt smell cannabis when making it doesnt mean my house didnt smell.........BE CAREFUL.

Last edited:

Space Toker

Veteran
just saw this great thread- thanks for keeping it simple! But maybe a little too simple. Could you please weigh the trim next time you make a batch so a have a clearer reference point? You say your plants tend to yield 2-3 oz of bud, mine are smaller 1/2 to 3/4 oz, so I could just take trim from 4 plants then? But when you talk about "borderline scary", and I'd be totally new to this, I think exact amounts would be helpful. When you make the cookies, do use dilute your cannabutter as previously mentioned or use full strength? Of course, being a diabetic complicates things. I wish they made chocolate, cookies/brownies etc with a sugar substitute, preferably something natural like stevia. Same problem at restaurants, with breakfast cereals, and so on. Why can't they make diabetic versions of everything? Lots of us out there, figure it would do a booming business! Sorry to get sidetracked and to over complicate things.

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
i made some and all i could smell was cinnamon

EDIT: just because i couldnt smell cannabis when making it doesnt mean my house didnt smell.........BE CAREFUL.

Your house will smell like Cinnamon and to a lesser degree, weed. I regularly cook with the windows and doors open. A neighbor once stopped by in the middle of things and thought I was baking something but could not put their finger on what I was making.

just saw this great thread- thanks for keeping it simple! But maybe a little too simple. Could you please weigh the trim next time you make a batch so a have a clearer reference point? You say your plants tend to yield 2-3 oz of bud, mine are smaller 1/2 to 3/4 oz, so I could just take trim from 4 plants then? But when you talk about "borderline scary", and I'd be totally new to this, I think exact amounts would be helpful. When you make the cookies, do use dilute your cannabutter as previously mentioned or use full strength? Of course, being a diabetic complicates things. I wish they made chocolate, cookies/brownies etc with a sugar substitute, preferably something natural like stevia. Same problem at restaurants, with breakfast cereals, and so on. Why can't they make diabetic versions of everything? Lots of us out there, figure it would do a booming business! Sorry to get sidetracked and to over complicate things.

You're over thinking it, just half the recipe. Weighing trim requires a scale and also a time frame as to moisture loss (dried or drying trim weighs less than wet trim). Side note, it doesn't matter if the trim is wet or dried.

If you use less than I use, your edibles will be less intense, more = more intense. Try cooking them as you originally suggested and then eat half a cookie / brownie and see what it does to you after 90 minutes, you'll know if you need to eat more.

When I dilute my mix, its usually about 50% or so with regular butter. I'll make 1 stick of cannabutter and mix it with roughly 1 stick of regular butter and make two boxes of cookies. This usually makes for a more mellow high - 1 cookie for a good buzz, 2 cookies for penetratingly stoned and 3 cookies for an adventurous time at Astroworld.

Raziel819

When I dilute my mix, its usually about 50% or so with regular butter. I'll make 1 stick of cannabutter and mix it with roughly 1 stick of regular butter and make two boxes of cookies. This usually makes for a more mellow high - 1 cookie for a good buzz, 2 cookies for penetratingly stoned and 3 cookies for an adventurous time at Astroworld.

I haven't tried making it your way but i'll give it a try. Recently my experience with the butter hasn't matched the experience I had with some cookies I made back in 79'. I "Stopped the World" back then, talked and had directed photo shoots with the squirrels and ducks in the park. I mean I literally told them how I wanted them to pose for the shots and they complied. But I didn't have butter back then, I used about a zip of buds that I sifted and sifted and sifted until it was the consistence of flour then I baked the cookies. And then like now they were like las potato chips, I couldn't and didn't eat just one.... maybe 5 maybe 10 hell I don't know and don't remember I was in Denver then maybe it was the air. I digress.

But, recent rounds with the butter and I've used rich unsweeten butter, coconut oil and glee all to the same effect, munchies for hours and only a mild body stone. Side note... I've used the coconut oil as a topical on my GSD and it heals wounds fast, sometimes I even mix it in his food, coconut oil is reputed to help the immune system and mj has its own benefits too all in all he's a very healthy mature dog at least that's what my vet says and he's always asking me what I feed him.

Back to the thread... have you done a control mix? taken the same bud and make some butter with cinnamon and the other without then see if the one with got you higher than the one w/o, or the same. That way you could say w/cinnamon the high is better or it doesn't make a difference either way just cook it until it turns black (6-9hrs) and follow the rest of the instructions.

Just a thought

Raziel819:tiphat:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I'm going to make some tomorrow... 1lb of salted butter, and I will use 1oz of some very nice hydro grown sour diesel kush bud... I mite use a bit more bud... maybe 1 1/2 oz per lb.. what u guys think??

antartist

hehe, better dont use salted butter dude
i thing that in the end the butter wont get separated from the water...

watts

ohms
Veteran
Got another batch cookin in coconut oil, whole house smells dank. I bought a potato ricer to press that hot ass trim, should make it a lot easier. I always hated squeezing it through cheesecloth.

watts

ohms
Veteran
coconut oil.. you mean eat it like peanut butter? a spoonful?

will you give a brand/type coconut oil used? i'll try it. would one use the same proportion of canna to butter, oz to oz?

Hey snook I use Nutiva brand coconut oil, works great. Check your local Costco, if you have one, they usually have large containers of it for a good price. Yes, also use the same proportions just as you would with butter. I keep my canna coconut oil in the freezer and i break it off as needed, weigh it on a scale if need to. Just put it in your mouth and it will melt and it tastes clean with Terpene's method. You could also drop it in some hot chocolate, whatever you like.

Latest posts

Latest posts