What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Austrian Cuts

I

irishdude5186

Hey all, I have come into contact with some clones from Flowery Field from vienna and I am wondering has anyone grown them. I have only seen white widow, chronic, AK47, amnesia, kandy kush and super lemon haze. What are the the clones like for these strains? Any recommendations for yield/potency? I don't mind whether its indica or sativa or hybrid. Any recommendations on their best clones for commercial? I like to grow vertical with bare bulb on racks.

In general does flowery field have a good clone selection process? I have heard mix reviews.

..I would TRY and speak in deutsch but .. I would only be wasting your time :redface:

MuVo2k

kann man hier hanfburg threads verlinken ?
if you understand a little bit of deutsch i would post you an link, from another german forum with austrian cuttings-guide

I

irishdude5186

Wow! Thank you all for your responses. Very grateful for the direction MuVo2k/Hazeo. I will try and have a look at a few german forums. Any personal experience with cuts from FF?

F

Forscher

Any personal experience with cuts from FF?
The self selected stuff is rather random and most of those strains are rather mediocre (or worse).
Most "Clone Only" strains are what they are supposed to be.
It is hard to make broad generalizations as they have like 80 strains available with some being top notch and some being really shitty.

You should tell us the purpose. Taking them back to Ireland?

TLoft13

I would like to know about FFs cuts also.
Need recommendations for:
Commercial SOG strains. Easy to trim would be a big bonus.
I would also like to know about the KaliMist cut. Has it the real KM high and taste?
What other strains have a unique high?
PM to german forums also ok for me.

I

irishdude5186

The self selected stuff is rather random and most of those strains are rather mediocre (or worse).
Most "Clone Only" strains are what they are supposed to be.
It is hard to make broad generalizations as they have like 80 strains available with some being top notch and some being really shitty.

You should tell us the purpose. Taking them back to Ireland?

Hi forscher and thanks for your reply. :tiphat::tiphat: There is my problem. I don't know what traits (bad or good) their clones have therefore I will have to look at that guide on the forum. As everyone here knows there is such a large deviation in phenotypes.

I won't be taking them nowhere as that would be illegal here. Thanks for the reply.

F

Forscher

I won't be taking them nowhere as that would be illegal here.
If you only have one shot to take some home you obviously take the best of the best available anywhere in Vienna. If you can constantly supply yourself with fresh genetics from the stores on the other hand there is small selection of good stuff to be tried to get an overall view of what is possible in cannabis breeding. Also be warned, not everything is constantly in stock and the cuttings often get pretty large in the 10x10 cubes they are regularly sold in.

I would also like to know about the KaliMist cut. Has it the real KM high and taste?

The Kali Mist cuttings I had from FF were some of the most stretching plants I have ever had. If there is something like a legendary Kali Mist taste I am pretty sure it does not have it. The cut is OK I guess but easily drowns in the sea of mediocrity.

if you understand a little bit of deutsch i would post you an link, from another german forum with austrian cuttings-guide
The thread is pretty good but sadly he also grew a lot of rather mediocre strains.

F

Forscher

I have decided for now to email FF and ask them questions about their clones and phenotypes.
You will only receive pointless shit. Personal experiences like in the "Hanfburg" thread are the only thing you can trust. Do not expect anybody at FF to get their shit together just for giving you answers on vague questions.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm looking for this.

Die Erdbeer ist eine Clone-only Genetik welche schon seit ca. 1994 in der Schweiz beheimatet ist und dort zeitweise sehr verbreitet war. Die Grundgenetik ist unbekannt, es handelt sich wahrscheinlich um eine Sativa mit Afghani Genen.

Der Erdbeer-Clone wurde für einige Kreuzugen verwendet. Die Version von Green Hornet ist wohl die bekannteste und kommt dem Clone am nächsten. Ein schweizer Bauer rief bei dem Züchter an und sagte er habe in einem Feld voller Erdbeerpflanzen eine einzige Pflanze gefunden die nur
männliche Pollensäcke ausbildete. Mit diesem ominösen male hat er eine Dame bestäubt um die "Original Swiss Strawberry" zu züchten. Höchstwahrscheinlich war diese männliche Pflanze aber eine andere, unbekannte Sorte.

Auch Herbaria hat mit dem original Erdbeer-Clone gearbeitet, genau so wie BlueHemp. Von Herbaria kam dann ein Clone zu Alpine-Seeds, von BlueHemp ging die Genetik nach Dänemark zu Zenseed

R.Fortune

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
everyone runs it down but top44. :) Quick, strong, sweet commercial weed. Grown properly is very good weed and I've used it for breeding when I had it years back and it was a great tool that would pass all sorts of butterscotch and caramel flavors to progeny and its quick flowering is really quick, it would pass on nice strong stems and a good commercial plant form, add density the nugs, improve calyx size and improve calyx/leaf ratio in progeny. WW, ak47 and amnesia should be winners, don't know the rest so couldn't tell you.. They specialize in cuts so I'd guess that they would only keep very good examples of those strains. I made an AK and 44 cross that there was one pheno that I really miss. Used the top44 to breed our local sativa with and it really tamed that beast into something more manageable. Enjoy access to new genes and treat any new cuts for BM and others critters, you don't want to be crying later.

Last edited:

DemonPigeon

Veteran
Guten Tag guys :)
Was is deine lieblings strain?

Ich wohne in England aber Ich will zu sammeln samen von Österreich :)

(enshuldingung mine deutsch is nicht sehr gut)

F

Forscher

They specialize in cuts so I'd guess that they would only keep very good examples of those strains.
Sadly this is not true. Some "Clone Only" cuts are fakes (e.g. Jaggen) and some regular cuts are just poor (e.g. WW).
As said before the overall variance is incredibly high.

Guten Tag guys :)
Was is deine lieblings strain?

Ich wohne in England aber Ich will zu sammeln samen von Österreich :)

(enshuldingung mine deutsch is nicht sehr gut)
You should rather ask in English then.

D

daylighting

From the offerings in Wien it doesn't appear there are any Austrian-bred strains around, at least not in seed form! Lots of Dutch genetics though.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
Dutch genetics are cool but I just wondered whether there was anything uniquely Austrian that might be exported some time soon :p

D

daylighting

My mate asked about Austrian breeders at CityGrow (a grow store in Wien) and was told Austrian growers are too lazy to breed!

DemonPigeon

Veteran
I suppose you don't mean that the same way that Pandas are to lazy to breed? ;-)

It's a bit similar in the UK in terms of cuttings, there don't seem to be as many cutting only strains as there are in the USA but I suspect that's because we're allowed to own seeds legally and they're much easier to pass around :p

Latest posts

Latest posts