Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

Thread Title Search
Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2017, 07:29 AM #421
Mudraya

Mudraya has a spectacular aura aboutMudraya has a spectacular aura aboutMudraya has a spectacular aura aboutMudraya has a spectacular aura about
Very true Verdant. Pre98 is nothing to laugh at in terms of weight.
Mudraya is offline Quote

Old 05-28-2017, 07:56 AM #422
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Hash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond repute
Pre 98 bubba kush. About to get chopped at day 67!in these pics. Smells like sour grapes, black licorice, and coffee

Quote:
"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." -Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." -Carl Sagan
Quote:
"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Hash Zeppelin is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:41 AM #423
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Hash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond repute
Pre 98 bubba kush

Quote:
"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." -Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." -Carl Sagan
Quote:
"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Hash Zeppelin is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:08 PM #424
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
wow that looks resinous HZ!

so, i recently got gifted the Katsu cut (big thanks to the clone fairy ! ) not had a chance to run it properly yet but flowered out a tiny plant to test it out.
it probably needs a couple of weeks in the jar still, but my first impressions of the buds and the smell/smoke were that it is MUCH closer to my pre-98 cut than i expected.
it seems to have the same terpenes present, just in slightly different ratios, although it is definitely different. i would say the katsu smells a little less strongly than the pr-98 but the taste is maybe a little stronger - absolutely delicious. it has that divine incense/horseradish thing when exhaled through the nose.

growth wise the katsu has a better bud structure and i would have thought would yield better, and it roots a little quicker.
smell wise i think the katsu is a bit more musky/leathery then the pre-98 but i didnt detect any floral on the katsu as i was expecting.

hopefully i will do a side by side of the two cuts shortly.

but very happy to have another bubba cut!

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:41 PM #425
Vash
Ol' Skool

Vash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud of
Had that damn Pre98 BK and lost it. Nothing has compared to that taste since. Awesome flavor IMO.
Vash is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:28 AM #426
terrapin green

terrapin green is on a distinguished road
I had previously 98 as a ground score. Seems to be very flowery but uptight as far as nugs.

Maybe a little more co2 will help it even out.

No mutants, just a nice smoke.
terrapin green is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2017, 08:35 AM #427
terrapin green

terrapin green is on a distinguished road

Co2 the for three weeks in vegetation and on the 4th week send the oxygen there way for a burp in the fluctuation of chlorophyll to weed out the flowery bag appeal that you get say from a bb cross.
terrapin green is offline Quote

Old 07-15-2017, 01:45 AM #428
toohighmf

toohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nicetoohighmf is just really nice
Ok, so reading this and viewing the pics has me rolling (laughing my ass off on the floor).
I grew pre '98 bubba almost exclusively for a decade+ and I've had the plants stretch, cola, chunk, flathead, purple, trich. Fat stems, skinny stems, finish at 2' and 4'.
It's all been from various enviro based on how well I maintained it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0272.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	420393 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0262.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	420394 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0271.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	420395 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0278.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	420396 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0269.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	420397

toohighmf is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:34 AM #429
Mudraya

Mudraya has a spectacular aura aboutMudraya has a spectacular aura aboutMudraya has a spectacular aura aboutMudraya has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighmf View Post
Ok, so reading this and viewing the pics has me rolling (laughing my ass off on the floor).
I grew pre '98 bubba almost exclusively for a decade+ and I've had the plants stretch, cola, chunk, flathead, purple, trich. Fat stems, skinny stems, finish at 2' and 4'.
Completely agree. After I got Pure Kush years ago people were claiming it was a hybrid due to it's size, meanwhile off in the corner of the same grow, in the weakest light there were a few branches with that "classic" PK look lol.
Mudraya is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2017, 06:34 AM #430
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Bowls View Post
I don't see where I got angry. I'm sorry the truth hurts...it sucks when shit isnt what its advertised to be. We're all victim to it at some point...you can search swerves posts where he even says that the bubba he has is a pre 98 x pre 98 and IGT tells him that that would be an s1!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighmf View Post
i remember those pics from back in the day.
i used to terminator scan those pics for clues to set ups etc.

great looking Bubba, prob some of the bestblooking Bubba ever, maybe igt old pics as good too.

nod to too high from me. as those pics really did
inspire me.
(as did many other grow shows from pre 2000 era)

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote