What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maxibloom magnesium deficiency in flowering

Agropop

Hi folks, Im using maxibloom (80% perlite and 20% coco), in veg everything was spot on, no problems, ph 5.8-5.9 I was using RO water plus maxibloom, rhizo and cannazyme, when I spent rhizo and cannazyme, I used hesi zyme and hesi roots.

When in flowering only one week after 12/12hrs mg deficiency accured. Im using hempybucket 6liters.
Water/nutrient solution temps 19-20c.
I water/fertigate dtw, I get 1 to 1.3liters runnoff, Im aiming roff ec 1.0. to 1.2ec. Is there a problem with too much runnoff (owerwatering maybe, plants are drinking quite slow need to water every 3-4days?) maybe Im flushing too much and Im causing problem that way?
I was reading kiss maxibloom topic and I saw that folks dont use calmag or epsom salts only tap and maxibloom with no aditives...
I changed RO water with tap which is 0.4ec,I also bumped up ph to 6.1 to 6.2, but mg deficiency still continues.
Can somebody give me some advice what to do, Im in 3th week in flowering I have five weeks till end, if this mg deficiency will continue plant will die :(
Or should I use the micro and bloom instead (6/9)?

Please help, thank you :tiphat:

dscn3263.jpg

kushedy

I have grown with just Maxiboom under hps without any calcium or magnesium deficiencies.
I'm just finishing my first grow with Maxibloom under LED's. I have had 2 plants that needed a little extra mag & a different strain that needs large doses of calcium.
So depends on what you are growing under.
I saw you mentioned your run off EC, what EC is going in?

jets1925

Try 5.7 ph for a few feeding and see if that helps magnesium locks out at a pretty lo

Try 5.7 ph for a few feeding and see if that helps magnesium locks out at a pretty lo

... if you were doing better with ro go back to ro.

Agropop

kushedy: 600hps, ec in is 1.0-1.2 but max 1.4ec.

jets1925: with ro and esalts (1gram/4L) mg deff started.

troutman: I was using esalt 1gram/4liters every fertigating I forgot to mention earlier,sorry.

kushedy

I think it needs more feed. Increase your ec gradually. When cannabis starts flowering it gets really hungry & stays that way till after the stretch. That's my experience anyway. If I had my plants as low as 1.2 ec three weeks into flowering they would be deficient big time.
You should check out the KISS thread relating to Maxibloom. The recommended dose of Maxibloom from that thread is 7 grams per gallon. That for me with my tap water gives me an ec of 1.8 which is quite high but during the the transition even my light feeding strains take that in their stride. I just start dialling the feed rate down to normal levels after the stretch has finished. Ive had an amnesia in a dwc take 2.2 during the transition. That's my take on it anyway.

My .02$ worth

Been doing alot of testing with KiSS and a modified Kratky method feeding nothing but tap water and GH maxigrow untill week four of flower then switching to maxibloom till the end. Been working good for me.

Keep in mind the amount of GH needed will be different in more intense or less intense light gardens you need to dial your feed amount in accordingly.

Stonehedge out!:tiphat:

MJINC

Your getting 1 to 1.3 liters of run off? How much water are you feeding at a time? You're looking to get 10-20% runoff on DTW and those are 6 liter pots that are only 3/4 full. Sounds like your over watering with a solution that needs to be dialed up a bit in strength

Agropop

MJINC: jup I know the runoff should be less then it its mine, but I need to flush a bit because the plant is not drinking fast enough 3-4days, and Im waiting for the pot to be a bit lighter betweeen waterings, but not bone dry medium, so thats why Im using 2liters and I water with one liter first and very slooowly, and I wait for 30-45min and I water again with one liter to flush any possible saltbuildup. The pot size is 10liters total, but "only" 5-6liter full :)

kushedy

That does sound like overkill. I think you are over worrying about salt build up. You say your growing hemp bucket style? How far up the pot is your drain hole?

Agropop

kushedy: it is 5cm`s, 2inch.
I remembered that Snowcrash once said that two inch for hbckets is too much, Ill try next time only 3cm or 2cm from the bottom.

Is there anything I can do till end of flowering, probably not ?

kushedy

It would probably be fine if the entire pot was filled with substrate. It still may not be the root cause. I still say to bring your ec up gradually. Thing is the stretch during the transition from veg to flower really sets your plant up size & structure wise for creating large bud. If you have a bad deficiency or problem during that time it can stunt the stretch/growth which severely effects your yield.
I can't see the whole plant so don't know how badly it's been affected. If it has been stunted & you are not in a hurry you could always flip it back into veg, nurse it back to health & then flip it yet again back into flowering. Long winded.
If it has fully stretched & you are happy with the overall size just keep going as you are but with a higher ec & letting it have more of a wet/dry cycle. If this is the result of to little nutrients you should see increased vigour when you increase the feed levels. Hope that helps dude