What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A new study suggests marijuana could be a miracle drug in the bedroom

R

Robrites

Marijuana in small doses may be a miracle drug in the bedroom.
Some researchers think the Schedule I drug could double as an aphrodisiac, according to a new study published in the Pharmacological Research journal on November 21.
People who light up before getting busy report feeling "aphrodisiac effects" in approximately half of cases, while 70% of users say they experienced "enhancement in pleasure and satisfaction," according to a review of preclinical trials and studies that used human subjects.
Researchers from the University of Catania in Italy and Charles University and Masaryk University in the Czech Republic did not find major discrepancies between men and women in these reports, which means marijuana could be a libido-booster regardless of a person's sex.
Weed is the most commonly used illicit substance, and for thousands of years, people have documented the plant's effect on sexual functioning. However, it has attracted little interest from the scientific community, in part because marijuana remains illegal under US federal law and is difficult to research.
We don't know exactly what role cannabis plays in sex. The mechanisms that make your toes curl are governed by complicated psychological, neurological, and endocrinological systems.

When a user ingests marijuana, chemicals in the plant ride the nervous system to the brain and latch onto molecules called cannabinoid receptors. Those little holding cells influence pleasure, memory, coordination, and cognition, among other functions, which is why getting high affects thinking and behavior. So it's possible the endocannabinoid system influences sexual behavior.
For the purposes of this study, researchers evaluated several investigations into the effects of cannabis on sexual intercourse that were conducted in the 1970s and '80s.
In 1970, Erich Goode, a former professor of sociology at Stony Brook University and an author, suggested that frequent, but not heavy marijuana use was associated with aphrodisiac effects in roughly 50% of users surveyed and increased pleasure in about 70% of subjects.
In a 1983 study published in The Journal of Sex Research, researchers interviewed a pool of mostly heterosexual, sexually active people on the perceived effects of marijuana use on sexual behavior. What they found supported Goode's results. About one-half of users reported an increased desire for a sexual partner they knew, and over two-thirds of subjects said they experienced increased sexual pleasure and satisfaction after using marijuana.
"Many felt marijuana was an aphrodisiac," the paper's authors wrote.

Read More

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, I think many of us have known for ages that cannabis enhances the erotic side of life, as it does sound, vision, touch, taste and smell.

It's good to see accurate studies coming out about the aphrodisiacal qualities of the plant, that's another positive aspect that has not been researched as much as it should.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Well of course it is!..:biggrin:

Many of us old timers here on icmag have known this for 40 or 50 years!:woohoo:

B

Baron Greenback

If it doesn't, keep changing varieties until it does :)

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hash has always been our favorite for a little boost in the intimacy :biggrin:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
cannabis use enhances EVERYTHING except for...uh...fuck, i can't remember.

I think I can remember oldhippy.....ehhh, hmmmm. Well I did remember, then I forgot.

Oh yeah, it's coming to me now.....YES!,... MEMORY!

Woooo-Hoooo, I remembered!

Getting back to the thread's topic, if my memory serves me right, I have conceived all 7 of my children under the influence of cannabis, all very healthy babies.

X

xavier7995

Pot just improves most everything, though I think the non stoned orgasm is a pail comparison. Sex and pizza demand that I be stoned to fully enjoy the experience. Same with roller coasters:)

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Back in 2004 I helped my uncle get a couple of plants going on top of his roof. They were a bit shaded by a huge tree that grew well above his house. I defoliated the plants to allow more light to the buds.

My uncle is a bit of a miser and didn't want the leaves to go to waste. He made them into a kind of steamed vegetable dish that was served with dinner that night. We soon got very stoned which was surprising because none of the leaves had any trichs.

I decided to go and hit the local pubs because a large weapon of mass satisfaction had begun to form. It was summer and there were quite a few people out. It was one of my first experiences with edibles and I can remember talking a lot of shit to some young ladies that I knew vaguely. But my charm must have been a bit off because I had to go home alone and strangle the monster. Best memories!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Marijuana in small doses may be a miracle drug in the bedroom.
Some researchers think the Schedule I drug could double as an aphrodisiac,.....

In a nutshell, that's what they are afraid of, and that's why it's still illegal until they can get total control of it!:)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Good Catholic man you are.

Catholic?...I had my time looking into the Catholic Church, particularly 'The Spanish Inquisition', and was for a time studying the history of that church, particularly Tomás de Torquemada, and all he did in the name of Catholicism....It was quite an eye-opener to say the least.

These days I look into religions such as the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which seem to be better for humanity than Catholicism, in many ways..

If people have to believe in some religion, it's best if it doesn't involve the genocide of everyone that doesn't believe in that particular ideology, much better for civilization, if it's going to have a chance of having a bright future, or any type of future at all imho.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomás_de_Torquemada

http://spaghettimonster.com/church-of-the-flying-spaghetti-monster-founded/

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Srsly tho in today's world of medical cannabis marketing it is surprising that some breeder hasn't got onto the love drug bandwagon. You know if a guy struggles to get it up or a lady can't reach orgasm, then there should be a strain that has been specially selected for traits that encourage amorous performance...

... Oh wait I think I have just found my calling!!

R

Robrites

Srsly tho in today's world of medical cannabis marketing it is surprising that some breeder hasn't got onto the love drug bandwagon. You know if a guy struggles to get it up or a lady can't reach orgasm, then there should be a strain that has been specially selected for traits that encourage amorous performance...

... Oh wait I think I have just found my calling!!
Shit Yes. Why Not?

I'll be vice president of "Sumthin'" in your new mega corp. I won't work much but I will be paid a lot.

Cvh

Supermod
True. And Gypsy Nirvana is not alone. I knocked up my wife to while being baked.