What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BELIZE - Any Weed Tips?

818Medicineman

Hello everyone,

I will be in Belize at the end of November. I will be on Ambergris Caye. I have read that weed is pretty easy to score but there are also serious risks too. If anyone has any tips or tricks to scoring some local herb I would appreciate them. I am also thinking about taking a few seeds to give away if I find someone cool.

Thanks!!

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you speak Spanish? If you do this will really help you. As a rule if it don't sound or feel right don't do it. And always be very careful.

Peace from Colombia

Cool Moe

Veteran
usually the hotel sends a driver to pick you up at the airport. that's your guy--get friendly with him and jack the dude a $20. when he looks up with slightly raised eyebrows at your fine tip, ask in spanish, "por favor ayúdeme?," then make the international symbol of asking for weed, which is to mimic a hit on el roachero with your own raised eyebrows. while you do that make sure he sees you have more fresh cash. bellman/driver is a good job there and good bellmen always know how to earn extra.

818Medicineman

Thanks for the replies. I do speak a touch of Spanish. English is the official language of Belize so that helps too. I am staying in a smaller resort that only handles 10 or 12 people. I feel a bit awkward asking the on site employees but may feel better when we get there about it. From what I have read online it seems it may be easy? I hope so. Can't really dig the thought of snorkeling the reef without some smoke.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
look for a taxi and driver with dreads or a rasta selling shit on the street.
young men selling coffee or anything else to tourists will hook you up.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mail your own double vac sealed weed to the hotel. call the tell the hotel people in advance it is blood pressure medicine that you are having sent there for your vacation and to put it aside and you will pick it up the day you get there.

818Medicineman

mail your own double vac sealed weed to the hotel. call the tell the hotel people in advance it is blood pressure medicine that you are having sent there for your vacation and to put it aside and you will pick it up the day you get there.

I was thinking about something like that. I would love to have some good hash there.

T

Terlihat

Just a bit of info on current stiuation on marijuana in Belize. For possesion of UP TOO 60 grams you could go to jail or face a fine of up to $26,000 dollars.

No way, don't even think about it.
If you can't go without smoke for the amount of time you will be there then just don't go.
Not worth the risk.
Go somewhere else.

B

BubbaHaze

We had some killer ganja in san pedro. It was so strong that one of our rookie friends couldn't handle it and she had to go lie down in a quiet room so she didn't bug out lol! I loved it, super fun times.

Don't worry about getting busted, just don't be stupid. Everyone will speak english. Like most of the islands you just need to ask the bartender/ferry captain/groundskeeper/pool boy/cab driver and you'lll be set.

Try to also go to caye caulker, its even more laid back. With restaurants like rasta pasta, you can't go wrong. :canabis:

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
English is the official language of Belize, a former British colony. English is the primary language of public education. Spanish is spoken as a native tongue by 50 % of the population and is taught in school. Most Belizeans speak Spanish, but almost all speak Belizean Kriol and English. Bilingualism is very common and encouraged.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
The last time I was there ...

The last time I was there ...

I took a cruize ship and took plenty of weed with me.

Peace :party:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I'd say watch your Culo. Dangerous times in Belize City. I'd not go myself, as there are many other places without such strife and high per capita murder rates.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
usually the hotel sends a driver to pick you up at the airport. that's your guy--get friendly with him and jack the dude a $20. when he looks up with slightly raised eyebrows at your fine tip, ask in spanish, "por favor ayúdeme?," then make the international symbol of asking for weed, which is to mimic a hit on el roachero with your own raised eyebrows. while you do that make sure he sees you have more fresh cash. bellman/driver is a good job there and good bellmen always know how to earn extra.

We had a very shitty taxi driver so nah not all drivers can be approched ,not like in Jamaica for example lol..You don't need to speak Spanish in Belize I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't speak English. The weed is pretty crappy which surprises me.
3 grades each one worse then the other and $200.00US for the best. It's mostly Columbian weed in bricks. They have what they call "drift weed" which is big bushells they find in the Ocean this is when they figure they have hit it big lol..I hear tales of locals making their fortune with drift lol..Pretty nice place but you need to stay frosty when your here. No smoking on the beach as this would be a reason for cops to fuckwith you. headband 707:tiphat:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I'd still go somewhere else. BZ is massively corrupt and violent. Anything can happen there. Jamaica sucks too compared to many other places. The Innate racism is so ugly. I prefer to try and chill at a place that is truly chill and DIVERSE. Such as Spain - Hawaii (not perfect but great) -

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I'd still go somewhere else. BZ is massively corrupt and violent. Anything can happen there. Jamaica sucks too compared to many other places. The Innate racism is so ugly. I prefer to try and chill at a place that is truly chill and DIVERSE. Such as Spain - Hawaii (not perfect but great) -

This just shows different strokes for different folks. lol Personally I loved Jamaica and I had a great time there. Belize is pretty corrupt and the people are pretty sick of white people that act like they now own the place. There is a lot of that here now. I don't blame them either. Once the richer people move in they tend to exclude the locals .This seems to be with all races not just whites.
As far as their Gov being massively corrupt I would have to say no more then our own Govs. They have adopted the American's law here in Belize so shit is harsh when they want to punish ppl. To say the punishment doesn't fit the crime would be an understatement here. Headband 707:)

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sure Belize has a bad fame, especially Belize City, and possibly rightly so, but the rest of the country? I say nah...

Stasis, where abouts did you go? Sure, the cities are terrible, but once you get out, it should be fine. Being pale and over 5 feet certainly doesn't help tho.

Still, nice place and nice people. Can't really say nice weed, but it should be there, somewhere.

:tiphat:

B

Augustus211

IS THIS THE ONLY ANSWER? SORRY I'M A ROOKIE, FIRST TIME IN BELIZE, WAS FINE IN BAHAMA AND ITALY. FIRST TIME THIS PG TOO. EVERYONE HAS A FIRST TIME YES? HELP PLEASE.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Aug211,

Easy on the CAPITALS, too edgy or too much coffee maybe?

Just chill out and look around, if PG is where you're at, there should be no problemo. In fact, finding anywhere should be pretty easy.

"Hydro" is what they call the best sinse, the rest I saw was seeded and compressed, possibly import. The best hydro I had came from up North.

It's a safe place, just use common sense and get off the attitude horse, rest should be fine. Belize City is a different story tho.

B