What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Public house

J

John Public

And just received today some seeds:
- Pahari farmhouse
- Purple Peyote
- Sweet Tooth 3 F2
- DaFlyinHawaiian Molokai frost
- DaFlyinHawaiian Hawaiian Air
- DaFlyinHawaiian Air Bubbles
- DaFlyinHawaiian super rare 100% Hawaiian landrace sativa
- DaFlyinHawaiian Spyder Woman
- DaFlyinHawaiian Lehua
- DaFlyinHawaiian Ohia

Well, I need help there :dance013: Do these names sounds like something known for the readers of these thread?

I know only few about the Peyote, the Sweet Tooth and the Pahari...

P

ptg

Bad luck with your bubblicious...:ying:

And damn!What a seed list!:bigeye:

Can't help you about all those strains...but hawaiian landrace sativa...don't you know where she comes from originally?Say this because i always heard they were no true hawaiians landraces but a bunch of various sativas imported/grown there in the 60's...remind me one the best weed i ever smoked,was in A'dam,compressed brick weed called hawaiian,had a good high with a bit of body,really funny,and the taste was unforgevable,can't explain but was really fresh,so far unique for me.

I wish you to come across something you will like as i liked this hawaiian!:)

J

John Public

Well, from what I gathered during vibescollective time, this "landrace" sativa from Hawaii is one pure old school sativa from the 60's, not a true landrace, but most probably just an old sativa grown to produce good weed for the Californians. The others would be sativas , sativas/indicas, indicas crosses between this one and other old school hawaiian strains and modern lines.

So what to do now? some Nirvana hawaiians sprouted but I must say that I'm not sure to be as enthusiast as when I sowed them, when I have now such hawaiians genes in the hands ;)

Very few seeds of this super rare hawaiian sativa...only 5, they are very tiny grey seeds with some darker spots. Look healthy but who knows...Inside the pack, it is written it takes 12-14 weeks of flowering...

I'm tempted to sow them, and launch a great old school sativa session:
- 5 Hawaiian pure sativa
- 1 highland Thai
- 1 Panama red
- 1 Jamaican lambsbread
- 1 Ethiopian highland "refined"
- 1 Jamaican Blue Mountain 1985

What I'm afraid of is the hot summer temperature that may induce hermies...

P

ptg

I was thinking about hot temp...you could run them during the night,this way you may have cooler air,but it depend on your config.Will you run them under fluoros?Still the same set-up?
Are the ballast out of the closet?Even with fluoros you should get them out,it may help for the heat...yet it maybe harder with the "laterals" one's...

Last edited:
J

John Public

Yes, I'm still with the small fluoros setup. If I don't use the lateral fluoros, I'm usually 2 or 3°C more than the general temperature. So it is not a big issue, especially if I put the lights during the night. But I was wondering what was worst for the plant: having a day temperature of, say, 33°C but night temperatures around,say 24°C or day temperature of 27°C and night temperatures around 30°C.

I have also a huge fan that can help me to refresh the temperature of the room. The problem is that the growroom is inside a small room without windows, so it is hard to use the night air to refresh the room during summer. Hehehe, sounds like an enigma...

Having visited some tropical places, like Jamaica or Africa, I can't believe that a temperature of 35°C during day is a problem for such strains... but I'm indoor here...

P

ptg

I don't know,John...but i think it should play on overall stature and others physical traits,not sex.

And for your room...you need a air conditioner or a co2 tank:tongue:

Well,I can't help you,sorry :(.I always heard that under high temp indoor you loose yeild and potency,some say potential...don't know to which point it's true.And it's surely strain dependent.But as you say tropical plants loves heat.So it should not be a problem as long as you provides them with water and fresh air...oups,back to the problem...hence this question,did you ever made a run in this set up during summer?

H

HeryRhom

The big wave will swell even ?
Mmh re Hawaiiï maybe :D

:) Bon vent dJohn, vivement la suite des aventures...
:ying:

J

John Public

Haha yes, I need a place allways at 20°C and well isolated for sound. So I need money to buy a new house :D

Ok, so I decided to have a try with those hawaiians genes. I'm not too optimistic on the germination rate but I started with the weakest looking (maybe only 4 seeds of Ohia would be viable) and the rarest one (5 seeds of super rare Hawaiian sativa landrace). I added one seed of Jamaican lambsbread, highland Thai, Sri Lanka and Panama red. I may add one seed of refined Ethiopian soon.

I need to see how these already known strains grow in my current setup before deciding what I can reproduce later, that's why I test them only with one seed.

If before I can reproduce one or more Hawaiian, that will be nice. The Molokai, the Lehua and Spyder Woman look very healthy. They are labelled as 100% Hawaiian. So I suppose that Hawaiian air and air bubbles are crosses with other non hawaiian genetics...I saw the Molokai frost was already shared widely so I put it on the last place of the list "to reproduce" and will concentrate on Lehua and Spyder Woman if the Ohia and the rare Hawaiian Sativa do not sprout. If both Ohia and Hawaiian sativa sprout, which is unlikely, I'll reproduce the rare sativa in priority and make an hybrid with the Ohia.

Rhom, I kept plenty of Big Wave seeds "Rayon de soleil" so drop me a pm when you're in time ;)

Ok, Have a good day all, hope to come back soon with good news and pics of new babies :) hehehe

JP

Last edited:
P

ptg

hahaha,we need to play together to the lottery so! :D

Wish you good luck with your hawaiians!:clover:

B

breizou

:wave:

I am happy to see again your " néons box" here!!
Thank you for sharing in photos! And sorry not to have given news for your seeds :(

Vibes for you :)

J

John Public

Thank you guys for the visit.

Sorry for not having given news, the situation is changing here.

To make it short, I sowed first rare Hawaiian sativa then Ohi'a but none sprouted. Then I tried Molokai but the germ rate was low and those that germinated were not viable, only one went out of soil.

So I went back to known seeds as I received a lot of my old seeds recently. And now a new major change: I'm moving from my house to one located in the countryside. That is good news for the family but not for the closet, as I have to close it as people (stranger) may visit my house during the next months.

Hence this topic will be very quiet until next spring as my next grow should be a return to the young days of mine: in greenhouse and in spring 2011, 10 years after the last one !!!

J

John Public

Hello friends,

this message just to say that everything is alright there. After a deeper visit of the new house, I think it may be more secure to keep the grow indoor. I may rebuild end of september the old double closet, allowing me to reproduce potentially 3 or 4 strains per year :) One thing that you lose somewhere is one thing that you gain elsewhere hehehehe

Ok reading the forums, I feel that there are some disappointments for the landraces lovers and honest breeders , eh? I'm a bit sad to see the situation...

So let's try to do some work again so that people know that old school lines are not dead and that feminized is not an issue for the free men. :artist:

I checked the seed list recently with friends to see what to do next.
I was dreaming of a kind of "a world of Cannabis" list hehehe...what could it look like?

For me, with what I can access, it could be:

Jamaican Blue Mountains
African goblin (Kenya or Malawi)
Ethiopian highland
Panama red
Purple Peyote Kush
Indian Gharwali
Nepalese indica
Indian Mumbai mitai or Sri Lanka
highland Thai
Lebanese red

I believe I miss a Congolese, an Indonesian, a south Pakistani and a true Mexican. Do anybody know where I could find them?

What would you add in this list?

llamabox

I agree with the situation for landrace lovers and true breeders. I had talked to you before about a new home since the Vibes is gone and I am still working on it. I have a friend in Czech looking for some server space and hopefully by the new year I will have something up and running.

That's also a great list to run you have listed there. I still have 2 or 3 of those strains I have yet to run and also acquired a couple nice Nepalese mountain sativas and a Malawi. As for your finding, I have a breeders pack of Pure Purple Paki from Breeders Choice. But from what I read on the forums HHF/Queijo might have just used Ace's genetics for them.

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hello jp,

I put the pictures of reproductions of Zambia as scheduled;)

box 1m2,Watering Blumat,hps 250w in coconut

one days of flowering

it look like your nep indica?

good crop

J

John Public

Well it is hard to tell at this stage but I would say no. ;) The Nepalese indica is far much broader leaves and these Zambian, I believe may be even thinner if grown outdoor or under blue lights.

A friend just finished a reproduction of BSC Colombian gold. This was from seeds I produced, the third generation since Luiz sent them. The friend continued the selection for non hermie traits and camphra smell. I did not have the ratios for this generation but I know the smoke is still damnly potent.

This is a cuttings of the best female he found

picture.php

The friend used this special Jamaican lambsbread cuttings ....

picture.php

...to produce this nice F1 between lambsbread and Colombian gold

picture.php

and currently, test of this F1 while reproducing Indian Pahari from the RSC

picture.php

:bump:

J

John Public

Very nice JahGreen ! :)

African seeds sold them as a substrain of Malawi and it is true there are many similarities in the shape of the leaves. This makes me think that the African goblin, another Malawi or Kenyan of which I have seeds also, is less similar to those lines. So maybe this African goblin is not a Malawi after all. She had also this cloudy high that is described as closer to Equatorial African lines...

By the way, in your last pic, the shape of the leaves makes me think it may be a small problem of hygrometry: is it close to an aperture or close to the fan maybe?

About the BSC Colombian gold, after the third generation, it seems my work was good enough to obtain no hermies in the room... Yeeppeee :jump:

Ok, have a good day all, still on the move but very soon back with some new green pics !

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Good show!

I'll be running some Ethiopian Highland soon, any advice on soil and fert requirements?

jahgreenlabel

Veteran
hello JP

yes there is a plant that suffers because the humidity is a bit low! it was already growing! is a male and is the earliest. currently four male!;)

this is not a culture of production, but just for the seeds, so I do not have as my crops production!
for reproduction, I try to have a session that I take the least time possible! and therefore Blumat (not great in terms of production but great for saving time, water, fertilizers ...) , lamp is powerful, little follow-up (except hermaphroditism)

sorry gg translate

edit:good job on the columbian