What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Public house

J

John Public

And this is the Bubblicious, very easy and pleasant to grow :)

picture.php

P

ptg

yep john!:wave: beautiful girls you've got there!

the nepalese used is the Nepalese from Bart, with a slight selection for sativa phenotype.
huuuummm...very slight,isn't it?:)

i really like the shape of the bangladesh and sri lanka!:canabis:

And this is the Bubblicious, very easy and pleasant to grow
jejeje,you'll be bored growing such an easy strain!:D

Keep up the landrace love brother!;)

llamabox

Yea, very slight sativa selection. Those look full on indy but I know what you mean. Those crosses sound superb. Can't wait to see these in full swing.

C

charlie garcia

Hard for me to call you John lol
have a great grow amigo
cudate
charlie

J

John Public

Hey ptg and llama,

about the nepalese, the buddy told me that outdoor the same batch of seeds looked very different, like this in early stage:

picture.php

Charlie, you can call me Rahan if John is too difficult :laughing: The pseudo John Public is because I'm a huge fan of this song by Lee Perry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezvkjo-1aN4

I have some news from the friend about the sweet tooth and the hawaiian hybrids so they may arrive one day ;)

I have also the willing to go back to the roots of landrace but I'm still wondering what to grow first... Sri Lanka, highland Thai, Jamaican lambsbread, ... hard to choose between all these beauties :artist:

Still have some time to pick one , I will put the Bubblicious in flowering tomorrow. I cut the Big Wave because my wife was surveying and told me 10 strong producers were too much... hehehe :bump:

C

charlie garcia

well guess I was trying to figure out which line you will have more fun ;)
Have not same energies and reducing genetic spectrum a bit here as well
stay well "john" and friends ;)

P

ptg

Thai-thai-thai....sorry,John,but i'm in a thai time!:)

Yet the Sri Lanka is very appealing!:canabis:

Raaaahhhh,too hard to choose!I can't help you :dunno:

H

HeryRhom

Hey, what a nice Nepalese indica phenoype page before :) so naïïsss Johnrootsdubstyle :biggrin: ssspecial dedicat' to Titoon up there :ying:

Many vibes poto

J

John Public

Hi guyz,

in fact, there was a mistake in the labeling and the Nepalese is from an indica selection . This explains that... ;)

Here are some non-cannabis pics. I chased some orchids yesterday and made some nice findings

A very classic one that you can find anywhere aside the roads

picture.php

this one is a Cephalentera . it is also quite common but allways nice to see

picture.php

this one is another Cephalentera, a bit rarer.

picture.php

This one is near Ophrys apifera but is not this one, I believe it is Ophrys scolopax

picture.php

This last one is an Ophrys insectifera and I was so happy to take this pics as it is rare to see an insect being mistaken by the flower, both by the shape of the flower and by the hormons released... This is the only way for this species to be pollinated, make believe an insect that it is its male or its female !!! Incredible nature....Co evolution is one of the most powerful life element...

picture.php

Hope that you like it, even if it's not resinous buds ;)

H

HeryRhom

Hi guyz,
in fact, there was a mistake in the labeling and the Nepalese is from an indica selection . This explains that... ;)
:yes: I would say good providence! If there are any left though it might be interesting for my next indica session :ying::jump:

i Vive le printemps sacre bleu, these savage are sublime, infinite imagination those! :thank you:
Bonne ptite ballade Flo' tsanga tsangana :)

J

John Public

Yep it could be interesting. Although I'm more into landrace sativas, this Nepalese is one of those line that are interesting to grow.

I did not spread the Big Wave as I'm still testing it. Yet, I'm not sure it is a top strain so I'd not like that you spend your time on it if not worst the pain. I know there are many more great strains than grow opportunities so we can not waste our time on medium strains.

You know, the thing that allways bothers me is that all the crosses I have tested were more or less great but none had this unique spectra that you can obtain with a pure old strain. The landraces are so different and subtil that when growing and smoking hybrids, it seems you are allways doing the same kind of things... So not to say that the Big Wave is all bad, but it doesn't have this special effect that you can obtain with true old lines.

And if it is not special, why bothering working hard on it when you can have many commercial lines for 50$ (skunk, bubblegum, spanish hybrids and so on...) that will grow products from the same quality range in greater quantity, less time and easier conditions.

That's why I'm currently reconsidering growing landraces soon.

H

HeryRhom

Hey you've got the blues man, so do not worry the sunshine always come back bro :wahey:

I imagine that Nepal is a male, for example, it could come complete your work on sativas. That's why I spoke of providence, it is perhaps the time has come to shimmer the indica on your treasures? So perhaps you get closer, paradoxically, the best of what you want? this does not mean that the result will not be sativa, Ofcourse you can further customize your sativa divaz selection then ...

From my side I wait quietly a male Big Wave Rayon de soleil to come covet the taste of my Mazar i Sharif.
:ying::dance013::ying:
Kenavo poto

J

John Public

Hello Rhom :)

Indeed the friend told me he had one Nepalese male. All Sri went hermies. He had also some hermas in the last generation. Dubi told me there were no hermas outdoor in this line, but indoor, you never know... So hopefully, if the Bangladesh does not turn hermaphrodite, we may have this Nepalese x Bangladesh cross :dance013:

I put the Bubblicious in flowering 8 days ago. The result is here:

picture.php

The stretch was a bit higher than expected and still continue. I was expecting a more indica pattern, but it seems it is really a sativa/indica hybrid. You can see slight variations between the individual but I find them quite homogeneous for a 30euros strain. All smell that acrid/rubber/tar odour when you rub the stem. There is also this fat odour in the growroom.

Well not sure it will be a top strain, but that's interesting to see what this kind of commercial strain can produce. I have also received Hawaii x Maui Waui and Haze#1, labelled as produced by the Sativa Seed Bank. I believe it is the former child company of Nirvana. The Hawaiian seems to have good reputation and I saw pics of outdoor Haze that were crazy sativas bushes. Maybe the Haze could be helpful to produce crazy crosses with sativas !

As for the future, I had some news from the Belgium friend, so maybe one day, the rare hawaiians and the SWT3 will make their way here ;) I had also some news from the rasta friend about the Dominica line from rasta community. I must say that special feelings happen with those Dominicas lines, due to history between this guy, his brother and me, and the rasta spirit.

About indica and sativa, you're maybe true, Rhom, I must say that in the past, I enjoyed some Kushes, but it was a time when I was smoking a lot of hash so it was different. I did not know at this time what a pure sativa was ;)

I believe the Bubblicious will make the job, if its high is of the kind "laugh then sleep" and if it smells nice. The Sweet Tooth could also be a good choice.

I would also have a quiet sativa, old school effect: happy, optimist and not too strong. The HawaixMauiWaui is sold as that but you never know until you try. The rare Hawaiians could also produce this.

And then, my last wish is to find a crazy sativa with strong spiritual effect, I know the lambsbread is this kind of line. Dan told me the Dominica were typical carribean lines but he also told me he would send me a line that is shared only between rasta Nyabinghi that has special spiritual purpose. Of course, it may be what I'm searching for. The negative point is that with respect to this spirit, I would not share it as I did with all the other lines I had in hands.

J

John Public

5 bubblicious on 6 are males here...and the last is still undetermined...I may restart a grow sooner than I believed :dance013:

Here are some pics of an old friend...Currently reproducing BSC Colombian gold and experimenting a 2 years-old clone of Jamaican lambsbread that was born inside, then grown outside , then inside again... You can see the indica genes of the BSC Colombian gold .... and the great sativa power of the lambsbread :)

20 days of flowering ;)

picture.php

The colombianas

picture.php

The lambsbread

picture.php

C

charlie garcia

yeah dont feel the blues, its contagious jeje well it happens, many have hermis John, not easy task often you know well ;). Some may take your time trying to improve as you say, dont knwo either how much time is worth to invest. Guess a 75% sativa hybrid may like you for its smoke.
am sure you want to try those from caribbian :)
If anything you may like to try let me know rahan
cuidate
kaiki

GreenGrocer

Hi Rahan,

So good to see you bro! Am happy you are still growing. Will be following your thread. I can't mail here, but if there is a way for me to reach you let me know. I would like to PM or email you.

Best regards

- GG

J

John Public

Whoa what a nice morning surprise !

So happy you're back GG :) I'll manage with Kaiki so that we can exchange with mails ;)

Rahan

J

John Public

Thank you for visiting, Resin and Dr :)

A bit sad to have cut the Bubblicious, but I could not keep only one female to flower in this room, that would have been a lost of space and time...

Disclaimer:
" And now ladies and gentlemen, hopefully, you'll see here in short time a full report about a pure Nyabinghi sativa coming from the preserved area of Dominica and a Fil Rouge (Red stripe) from the same area, grown by a friend aside with a selected Jamaican lambsbread sativa mama. And also , under the fluoros, hybrid again from Nirvana Sativa Seed Bank, the Hawaii x Maui Waui, grown aside with selected seeds of Ethiopian highland and Jamaican Blue Mountains"

lol

Latest posts

Latest posts