What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Public house

J

John Public

No it was worked with the Hawaiian sativa of Federation. The Bubble collie was grown by mriko and I believe he enjoyed it :) The Viet Black was done by lynx / polaris which is registered here I think ;)

See you later with new pics :)

J

John Public

Some pics at 45 day of flowering

Jaws

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Rayon de Soleil

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

C

charlie garcia

nice to see you having fun JP
great pics, hope hybrid performs as wished
cuidate :)
abrazos
charlie

llamabox

Nice looking plants there JP.
Guess all that education pays off.
If you ever want to play with other hybrids let me know.

J

John Public

Kaiki, Rhom, Llama :tiphat:

Well about starting new hybrids, I don't know. My plan is to inbred this Jaws phenotype and then cross it with a pure sativa from the Carribean. I may have the opportunity to grow a rare Dominica sativa in the future, that could be a nice candidate for the cross. Or simply the Jamaican lambsbread of page 1 of this thread... Then inbred this new sativa hybrid...this is already a lot of work...

J

John Public

OK so I had some mold issue and harvested the crop. The Jaws was ready anyway, with all trichs that were at least cloudy and 10-20% of them being amber. The Rayon De Soleil pheno was not mature overall, but the seeds are ok and some buds were enough mature to produce a good idea of the effect.

Here are some pics few days before harvest. ;)

Rayon de Soleil

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jaws

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So far, the buds have dried a bit and the smell turned as expected: lemony-acrid-fuely for Rayon de Soleil and sweet-fruit-camphra for Jaws.

I made a small germ-test for Jaws and the germ rate is nice, so the next step is on the way. I added some old Ethiopian seeds and will add soon some Lambsbread seeds to see what happens ;)

J

John Public

The Ethiopian finally did not make it, the seeds are too old and weak to some point...And I did not obtained the lambsbread on time due to the delay with the volcano in island lol

So I planted some Bubblicious, just to see what happens with them. So far I have 8 on 10 that sprouted on 24h, which makes me think that the technique is good and it is the Ethiopian seeds that were weak.

I smoked yesterday the first samples of Jaws and although still not perfectly cured and refined, it was quite potent. Not a big couchlocker as I was afraid of, but rather a nice balanced high, that produce some laugh but do not rush in your head. The smoke was pleasant and lasted 3 hours with a pin joint alone.

I had recently many opportunities for my next grow and was wondering what to pick up from this list... Will you help me, my reader friend?

- Sri Lanka
- Dominica
- Jamaican lambsbread (the same as in the first post of the topic)
- Bangladesh sativa (loader's, only 5 old seeds)
- an ultra rare old sativa from Hawaii (only 5 seeds too)
- a bunch of rare Hawaiian hybrids with strange exotic names, such as O'ahu, Ohi'a, Lehua
- Destroyer selected seeds
- Sweet Tooth 3 f2
- Peyote Purple
- highland Thai from the area of Chiang Mai (same as page 2 of this topic)

I have a good feeling with the hawaiian hybrids, the Destroyer and the Sweet Tooth, but I'm not sure of my choice... Any advices?

llamabox

Myself, I would like to see the Thai and the Dominica.
I have some of the Thaï lowland Koh Samui and have some of your pics and strain info on it. I wonder what the Highland version would be like. The Sweet Tooth, how could you go wrong there. Bring back an oldy but a goody.

I am still holding some of the ethiopian highland seeds waiting for a chance at preservation or for someone else to be able to do a reproduction with them.

J

John Public

I forgot to add the pics ;)

Some fresh seeds as you can see ... and some good smoke for me, hopefully :dance013:

Rayon de Soleil

A bud
picture.php

and some seeds...

picture.php

Jaws

a bud with different lights

picture.php

picture.php

and some seeds...

picture.php

C

charlie garcia

Glad fine results JP. Hope is what you expected
if my vote, hawaians and dominica :)
cuidate
charlie

J

John Public

Hola Charlie :tiphat:

Well it's a bit early to be satisfied with the high because it was not weel cured, you know, still that fuzzy effect due to lack of dry and too much chlorophyll in the stuff... But anyway, nice potential, let's see how potent it becomes. I remember the Colombian is damnly potent after a two months cure so I shall wait.

And still, even if the high is great, have to find it again in the second generation and stabilize it. Jejejeje, how fool is it... My space is so limited, 15 individuals maxi when grown in sea of green , one bud; maybe 9 if grown in bonzai...But let's see what happens, that is funny anyway.

Llama, :tiphat:

the comparison between highland Thai and lowland Thai has been done a long time ago, let's see if I remember....I'm getting old now, We should not look back in the past lol

Both smell citrusy, the highland being sweeter and the lowland earthier. Both take long time to mature, at least 16 weeks and both have hermies in their genes. We found however a pure male in the highland Thai and the seeds I have are from the cross between this male and something like 20 pure females. i don't remember what happened with the Koh Samui but a friend found an equal rate of hermie in the second generation of it, whereas this is not the case with the highland (less hermies in the P2). The highs are different though somewhat similar. Both are quiet high, powerful but not racy. The lowland is more fuzzy and mellow, whereas the highland is more psychedelic - electric.

I remember in the past that some internet friends told me the Koh Samui would rather being similar to Cambodian as it is an island where many smugglers work. The highland would be closer to true Thai strains from the north, close to Burmese and East Indians lines. In my experience, this may be true. The Koh Samui is closer to the Vietnam Dalat in its effect whereas some small parts of the high of the highland thai are closer to high that you can experience with indian strains. But it's only a limited opinion, only clues, I do not claim to have grown enough strains of these areas to have a concrete statement.

About the next strains to grow, well I must say I'm more after the growth pattern and the smells than the high these last days. I smoke very few so became easier with the quality of the smoke :) Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate a fine high, but I'm happy with the classical highs that I can experiment. And as I spend much much more time now in growing rather than smoking, I'm more looking at the shape and the smell...

The Ethiopians, maybe I spent to much time on them in the past, now it seems they must live their life without me. I appreciated it a lot, as well as other pure sativas such as the highland and lowland Thai, the lambsbread and the blue mountain, the south indians or the Malawi, but I feel I'm in a moment of my life where I can not appreciate them as they should...I hope it will be better in the future...

That's why I'm in doubt with growing the ultra long sativas of the list...

The sri lanka, highland Thai and lambsbread, I know them, I know what to expect.

The Dominica should be interesting in the feeling, old rasta strain coming from the wild, smelling pepper, spice and earth like do old sativas, but will I enjoy the high as it is a strict electric sativa?

The Sweet Tooth, I know only that it has an heavy couchlock stone (not my cup of tea but can be enjoyable some times...) but also a great smell potential as i understood it as an F2 from a backcross between Sweet Pink GrapeFruit clone and SPG clone x BlueBerry male.

The Destroyer is that kind of sativa strain that is interesting to grow with nice smell and strong up high. But Charlie knows it so well that I can not imagine posting pics of it in a thread where he can see them :D

Peyote Purple may be interesting as a pure indica with coffee smell I heard? And strong potent couchlock high that would be similar in some way to the Sweet Tooth?

The Hawaiian hybrids, I know few about them. They were gifted to Flying from DaFlyingHawaiian if I remember correctly. There was also some Molokai frost in the pack but they are for another grower. I know almost nothing about them, except they are for some new hybrids based on old Hawaiian strains, and for some other, old school hybrids of reserved stash. That would be a mystery grow hehehe

Right now, still waiting for the Bubblicious to grow out of earth. I know that's a secondary strain when I look at the former list, but sometimes, the jewell is hidden in the mud and I could not resist to a pheno smelling that strong sweet chewing gum smell, if I get one by chance hehehe

I have also put 5 Jaws F2 to experiment the diversity and have a first insight of what to expect...Right now, they are just seedlings starting the second set of leaves...Will post pics as soon as something interesting is visible for both the Jaws and the Bubblicious:)

Wow, what a long post, sorry my friends... sounds like I should stop rambling hehehe

love?

You've been working with some very interesting genetics, cool!

If you're still looking for suggestions on what to grow next my vote goes to the Hawaiians.

P

ptg

Excellent explanation and beautiful plants john public!:thank you:

I'm always amazed by the structure of your plants,you are still growing under fluoros?

Now about what to grow next,all i would tell you is to go for the one you have got less seeds of...

Peace!

J

John Public

Thank you ptg, yes after some tries with hps, I went back to my old system with fluoros. This last grow was done with classical 220w fluoros (T5, 4 x 4800 lumens) with mixed red and blue (warm and cold) spectra.

For the next one, for the flowering part, I'll add my lateral fluoros for a total amount of 80w (4 x 1200 lumens) with a warm light spectra.

Right now I have 5 Big Wave F2 coming from Jaws pheno and 6 Bubblicious. I'll do a very small vegetative stage and then will quickly go to flowering, so that I produce small plants with one bud.

For the following grow, I see that the hawaiian have some supporters jejeje. A good friend sowed the Bangladesh and some Sri Lanka seeds aside with fresh Nepalese seeds. So I may have also the opportunity to test F1 seeds, Nepalese x Sri Lanka or Nepalese x Bangladesh. Let's see what the future reserves :)

P

ptg

Looks like it works really good!

I have some test beans (4) of swazi weed runnin right now(straight from SA),i did veg them until sexual maturity,and as they were beyond my expectations,i get them to flowering for a few days now,still under fluoros,i have kept the cold white spectra so they wont stretch too much,because they are in a really small closet(80 x 35 cm,100 cm height).I expect them to be leafier than normal,but it's a bad for a good!

Could i ask you wich nep is it?Still the same?

buddy mcbudbud

amazing plants john, i'm very impressed not only by the plants but also your seedstock.
definitely grow the thai and peyote purple!

J

John Public

Hello to all, thanks for visiting the topic.

I was off the last week for holidays, and it was great to have a rest but also to see this topic had been visited :blowbubbles:

There is nothing special in the current grow, a small overwatering, as usual when I'm out for a week, but nothing serious. The BigWave F2 look rather indica until now, quite homonegeous except for the stem that smell all different when rubbed. Last time, this characteric was linked with different flowering patterns, so let 's see what will happen there !

picture.php

The Bubblicious grow indica, no big surprise there. I find them quite homogeneous, except that some sprouted later than others. Stems smell a sweet odour.

picture.php

ptg, the nepalese used is the Nepalese from Bart, with a slight selection for sativa phenotype.

About the Sri lanka and the Bangladesh, the seeds of Sri Lanka are still vigourous, so I bet a new reproduction will be done soon. Only one bangladesh sprouted, we will see what sex it is. If female, maybe a cross between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh will happen.

Smoking the Big Wave again, it is not really a sativa high but rather a mellow powerful high. Hence, I may grow a more sativa strain next time. Finally, I'm not sure I'll go for another hybrid, they are quite hard to stabilize and so I have already my amount of work with the Big Wave. So maybe a return to landraces? jejejeje

Detailing the highland Thai above gave me the willing to grow it again. But she is so hard ! I need to think at it twice before sowing. This is not the kind of strain you can grow when you're in a hurry ;)

Still not have received the Dominica nor the Hawaiians so they are speculation and dreams for now...