What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

beta

Veteran
Same room, same plant, same nutes, same PPM, same PH, same amount of water, same media, same amount of media. Yeh my VPD and CO2 differs and my temp a little but everything else is the same I have been using for 8 years.

So I will stand by my 4-5 days quicker. If you dont agree that is fine. I am not going to get in a pissing match with someone who wants to.

I regularly see 4-5 day variations in a rock solid room with zero changes from run to run. But sure, you're smarter than the scientific method. You do you.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I regularly see 4-5 day variations in a rock solid room with zero changes from run to run. But sure, you're smarter than the scientific method. You do you.

I would expect better from someone who knows everything there is to know about my grow. 4-5 day variations is quite a bit for a rock solid room.

And I will do what I do because you dont know what you are doing.

browntrout

Veteran
Can anyone tell from these veg shots which it may belong too? It grows much quicker than I would have suspected.

Could be anything here in Canada, came with a Master Kush clone as well.

picture.php

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I ran pre98 bubba and Katsu for several years. I have been trying to locate katsu since I lost her, she is one of my all time favorite smokes. She can be finicky I've seen katsu that looked really good and tasted like crap. She is finicky and doesn't like to show her best expression without care and attention to detail.

I have shared her to many people and yet to see anyone bring out her best. Katsu is extremely flavorful, with a gassy note that makes diesels and kushes seem less then gassy.

When perfected it has this extremely strong gas flavor on the inhale that lights up the very highest part of your nasal cavity, and it has an extremely floral/sweetness on the exhale that coats your tongue so nicely.

If you want Bubba for headstash smoke get the Katsu, If you want to breed with bubba get the pre98.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Katsu Bubba - This girl is one of my favorites, she has a fuely funk on the inhale but sweet floral type of flavor on the exhale, and she coats your mouth really well. Good buzz good flavor great plant overall IMO.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Hell yeah bro!!

Was randomly searching 'katsu bubba kush' and this epic photo brought me back to icmag.

Not surprised to see it is your fine work :biggrin: :tiphat:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Hell yeah bro!!

Was randomly searching 'katsu bubba kush' and this epic photo brought me back to icmag.

Not surprised to see it is your fine work :biggrin: :tiphat:

Yeah good ole Icmag can rank well in google search engine. For a long time when you searched DWC the top listing in google was my icmag rdwc thread. It has lost its position in the years since but it stayed on the top for several years.

BigPhil

Veteran
Bodhi's heavenly hashplant Bubba katsu x 88g13/hp I think my cut looks very Bubba, Real Earthy pungent, Coffe, Chocolate, slightly furity meaty tones. Great knockout smoke. Yummy yummy

Pics are of my 1st time growing her about 9 1/2 weeks.

The leaf's go black almost letting her go 11 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_9109.jpg
    IMG_9109.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_9140.jpg
    IMG_9140.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_9135.jpg
    IMG_9135.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Redrum92

Glad this thread got brought back up. Need the pics to see if current Sour Bubble compares to the Bubba enough to lend credibility to the rumors

BC*Dankster*

Has anyone grown or smoked crickets and cicadas pre 98 bubba x puck bx2? I got some beans and wanna pop em, but want info first
. Any help is appreciated, 🙏 thank you.

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

I popped my last Verdant Green Pre98 S1's and she's out in the greenhouse now in a 15gal tote. Haven't smoked this girl yet so can't speak to smells and flavors but soon.....
I also grabbed Katsu's current release of pre98 S1 which I will pop this fall.
To keep things interesting I also have a real good grip of DMT which is Grindhouse sour bubble IC work , gifted by Jaws.
On top of this I have F2 Open pollination of original packs of Bog Sour Bubble and to go with this Tony Green's recent Sour Bubble release.
The sour bubble I have grown and smoked was nothing like bubba kush but that's just going by memory.
Guess we will see