What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Side by side grow. 630 CMH vs 1000HPS

Americangrower

Veteran
Damn it looks like I need to upgrade to cmh. They may not be as big as the hps but they sure look solid. Great job brother

Greencraft

Beautiful grow ! thanks for posting I was on the fence on the cmh lights but now I am
sold . Great thread thanks for sharing the knowledge .

issack

Veteran
Damn it looks like I need to upgrade to cmh. They may not be as big as the hps but they sure look solid. Great job brother

Honestly I'm more inclined to say the cmh might be heavier. I just transferred all my dried plants to another room and the cmh seemed to have more weight. We will see though. I'll know next week.

Koondense

Veteran
I think i just peed my pants a little... such awesomeness in this thread and yet the best is still to come(the numbers).
Issack, hats off to you sir, i believe you just made a huge contribution to the grow community by showing us new standards to follow.

Cheers

issack

Veteran
Still going slow with trimming. My help will arrive Wednesday so hopefully I'll have the full report on the whole harvest by next weekend.

Second cmh light trimmed was 43.5 oz. 2lbs 11 ounces.!!! 3rd light was 2lbs 13 ounces.! Every plant so far has been a half pound plant. 7.5 to 9 oz consistently.. I'm doing as much as I can with my busy life, but I'm averaging 3 plants a day which is pretty much 20 to 22 oz LOL.. I'm hoping the next few lamps one of them will be a 3 lb winner. Hehe

This CMH side of the grow is probably pretty sure going to be 10 lb or very close. These girls are heavy. !!

beanja

Still going slow with trimming. My help will arrive Wednesday so hopefully I'll have the full report on the whole harvest by next weekend.

Second cmh light trimmed was 43.5 oz. 2lbs 11 ounces.!!! 3rd light was 2lbs 13 ounces.! Every plant so far has been a half pound plant. 7.5 to 9 oz consistently.. I'm doing as much as I can with my busy life, but I'm averaging 3 plants a day which is pretty much 20 to 22 oz LOL.. I'm hoping the next few lamps one of them will be a 3 lb winner. Hehe

This CMH side of the grow is probably pretty sure going to be 10 lb or very close. These girls are heavy. !!
bullshit ... maybe wet

beanja

nice grow ... beautiful actually but
whatever 10 fucking pounds on cmh side.
sorry to burst your ego .i just call bullshit when i smell it.

Last edited:

issack

Veteran
nice grow ... beautiful actually but
whatever 10 fucking pounds on cmh side.
sorry to burst your ego .i just call bullshit when i smell it.

That's your opinion man . Sorry. I'm pulling 2 1/2 a light here on this. I don't know how else to break it to you. If you remotely knew anything about growing and methods and strains, you would understand that people have done this before. I'm not the first to pull this weight. so I'm sorry about your inexperience and your stupid little opinion, but you're making yourself look dumb here.

I have been in this community for a long time sharing my knowledge and showing new methods and helping as much as I can. I have no motive to be a liar. Like I'm going to gain anything from lying. I will never meet any of you guys.

I've never even hit 2 lbs a light before. Now this grow I'm hitting these 2 1/2 pound numbers. So yeah, I'm fucking serious exited and I'm on here sharing this with all of you. I don't need some little arrogant ego Punk saying that I am some liar. If you knew me. You would know that I am far far far from someone who lies to kick it.. I speak the truth on all aspects. My modo in life is TRUTH.!!

Go read some more about strains, environment, nutrients, perfect conditions and again STRAINS.. I'm not the first.. this pineapple cut I've had for many years is the breadwinner of all time.. now if I had grown some cookies strain then you can bet I would barely hit a lb a lamp..

Go educate yourself before you mouth off and be an asshole on something that is totally 100% your opinion..

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I myself have gotten just over 12 zips a plant off of the White Walker Kush I grow. Running 4 plants on a SE 1000w hortilux. Using 5 gallon rootmaker containers in soil. Given, not every run goes as well, but it can be done pretty easy in a room you design and dial in yourself.

Great numbers on that harvest, issack! :good: You weren’t lying when you said that ac system needed an overhaul! Hope your next run does well too. Gotta keep the grow mojo going...or should I say “growing!” :biglaugh:

beanja

good ol 20 lb monocrop of some unflushed commercial beaster.
Ya your not a smoker i can tell .
Sorry my opinion pissed you off so much you had to write a story book.

issack

Veteran
Lol and you're an uneducated dummy. Excuse me while I cash crop and bust a grip each grow.

Yes another immature opinion. Like how do you know I don't flush..? And I'm not a smoker.? Haha dude.. you are so wrong its comical.

Carry on with your idiotc opinions. Get back to your closet grows.

beanja

monocrop commercial beaster ...
variety is the spice of life son .
awful green colas .. i hate even the slightest taste of nutes in my meds.
unedcated ? not really but if you think so.

Thanks Isaac for the good knowledge your room looks amazing I am running 630s for the first time and I like them allot they are killing it. Your room looks so fat I wouldn't be surprised to see you hit a 3lb light before your done trimming. Its crazy how someone could see what you got and get so jealous they have to post a insult to try and make them feel better about there own skills. Keep up the good work brother!

issack

Veteran
Yeah guys.. haters going to hate I guess.? Lol jezz, all my experience on this forum, I've never came across some dick weed like this.. it's not something we are all used to here. This place is about sharing knowledge and helping others and learning.! I owe this site to all the things I have learned.

Anyhow. Back on track here. Thank you for all the kind props my fellow green thumbers..!!

Final weight on the 630cmh side is 9 pounds 8 1/2 ounces. Almost 10.! I would have had way over 10 if I had more lighting on the plants that are on the walkway. My biggest light was 2 pounds 13oz. .3 lbs will now be my new target goal..

Just trimmed the first 3 plants from the hps and I got 19 ounces. So its neck and neck at the moment. But that's just the first 3. I will have a full report on hps yield by Saturday. Finally my other buddy who trims for me is freed up to come wednesday.. I'm over trimming. But hell I saved a couple grand doing it myself. Lol. Its actually not that bad because I get like 20 zips in like 4 hours. Love trimming indoors.!.

To be totally honest when I'm trimming this HPS side now, it really is a close call with Terps and the quality.. they both kind of look the same really. there isn't that much of a difference in Frost that I see. The HPS side is way more red hairs. And the cmh has more greens mixed in like outdoors.

So.. so far I'm absolutely astounded with the 630s. They proved without a doubt to preform..

I'll be back with more reports. And my total opinion on both when I finish this haul here. I've been a one man show lately. I usually have everything trimmed by now..