What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReeferDan's LED Garage

ReeferDan

Hey everyone... Just got back from a weekend fishing trip.
I fed them full strength 7g/gal Maxibloom friday morning before i left, gave them twice the volume of liquid i normally do since i wasnt sure exactly if i was coming home today or tomorrow.
Came back and the plants looked great, starting to bush out, get some structure, and the new growth seems like its getting away from a slight mag def they were showing (kush is just mag hungry as it is)
Wanted to see them after a couple full strength feedings before i supplements epsom salts or foliar fed or anything.

Anyways, tomorrow on the holiday, im planning on getting a bunch of work done. maybe another round of topping, gonna spread the girls out into their final spots so they can stop feeling so crowded and really expand horizontally into their own space.
Also ill finish up the drip manifold and possibly start playing with dialing in feed amounts/times.

picture.php

picture.php

Marked this plant in the beg as the first to root and strongest structure at the time. Others have caught up since, and passed it up, but this may be my future mother to keep

picture.php

purple stems and slight leaf taco going away...

ReeferDan

Sorry for the lag folks... Its been a hectic couple weeks.
Had a couple issues in the room i needed to address, minor disruptions though.
Worked major overtime the week after mem day, got sick last week, had a wedding to go to.
Inbetween all that life, the plants have been banging.
I'll summarize here, and just drop a gang of pics on ya.

Came back from the fishing trip, and my timer started wigging out, tripping at 10a of load, and even less sometimes, read some reviews that stated similar and was not going to trust it one night longer. Do not buy a titan apollo 14, they are not to be trusted!!!

Got the dripper setup running, have been dialing it in. its a pico style manifold. Was going to do one dripper to a "T" to two lines into each rockwool cap, but i thought that was more to clog, and decided one open line per was adequate.

Got the first layer of net on, spread the plants out a bit, got all the littlest runts next to the ac since i feel they are already smaller, why not let them get the blast of the ac as well.

Wanted to flip to 12/12 mid of last week, but the end date would not work well for me, at the same time i only have so much height to work with so i delayed it until saturday night. We are now in flower.
Pulled the best plant from the lot, made her a mom, gave her a little more leg room, and put her in the only space i could really figure to be a good veg area, my spare shower i never use. Got a 4k HLG100 in there, it lights the area up perfectly!

Put up the second net today. and now were current!

picture.php

Do not trust these!

picture.php

dripper setup testing

picture.php

more dripper

picture.php

when i first put the net in place

ReeferDan

And here is what i did with the mom
Got a square pot, added some rw crutons so she could stretch her legs.
Put the HLG 1000 4k in my spare shower, LST'd momma, put some clones i tried to make for a buddy (completely light bleached them on accident, forgot them under the 320 for a day LOL!) theyre "practice" and recovering anyways...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ReeferDan

Day 8 of flower
Plants are fillin in nicely. Using kiss maxibloom still, added a touch of liquid kool bloom, and some Epsom salts as OG are mag hungry

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ReeferDan

Looks good dude. Love the dripper set up. Looks clean.

Right on brotha!
I copied pico’s manifold, and adapted it to my space. Drew it out and got all the parts and just slapped it together one afternoon.
This site is great for getting inspiration, you know a bunch came from your room!
Keep rockin that side by side things are looking great!

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
God that is beautiful. Keep in mind... Maxibloom is about 130-140 ppm per gram.... so 7g is almost 1000ppm... Thats a little high. I'd back that down a bit.... You could try to work your way up to 1.3 ec with maxibloom... if it stays healthy the first few weeks of flower.... for the 3-5th week you could add koolboom until you find where it starts to burn..... but 1.3ec {650ppm} is a pretty good base for maxibloom. Get the rest from bloom boosters and inch your way up. That way you know you have your foundation of calmag from maxibloom before you add more PK.. Instead of just upping maxibloom until you have too much of everything. Its better to have lime green plants than dark green

You wanna keep it hot\humid during transition\first few weeks. Then taper down on temp\humidity the 2nd half of flowering. Giving them less food, but the lower humidity will make them eat it up faster anyway.... Definitely want it warm\muggy during the day, and cool dry at night.... That keeps the terps\trichs safe during the day {moist}, and at night the cool dry keeps them fresh and safe from mold.

ReeferDan

God that is beautiful. Keep in mind... Maxibloom is about 130-140 ppm per gram.... so 7g is almost 1000ppm... Thats a little high. I'd back that down a bit.... You could try to work your way up to 1.3 ec with maxibloom... if it stays healthy the first few weeks of flower.... for the 3-5th week you could add koolboom until you find where it starts to burn..... but 1.3ec {650ppm} is a pretty good base for maxibloom. Get the rest from bloom boosters and inch your way up. That way you know you have your foundation of calmag from maxibloom before you add more PK.. Instead of just upping maxibloom until you have too much of everything. Its better to have lime green plants than dark green

You wanna keep it hot\humid during transition\first few weeks. Then taper down on temp\humidity the 2nd half of flowering. Giving them less food, but the lower humidity will make them eat it up faster anyway.... Definitely want it warm\muggy during the day, and cool dry at night.... That keeps the terps\trichs safe during the day {moist}, and at night the cool dry keeps them fresh and safe from mold.

Thanks for the compliments and insight!
I’ve avtually been running them full strength maxi for a while, with protek and a couple other little things for safe guards (drip clean and sm90) works out to about 1.7-1.9ec. They have been loving it.
When I added a bit of kool bloom I backed off the maxi slightly (fed 35gal 30gal worth) and added Epsom salts for some extra mag.
Plants seem to like it. That worked out to about 2.1 ec. I think with the 2-3 feedings they’re getting a day and runoff + drip clean they are doing well with this mix. The rooms vpd is on point, they have plenty of intense light to soak up and the co2 is 1000-1200ppm so the balance with it all works, no noticeable tip burn or overfert signs.

At this point the res does not last a full week, more like 4-5 days, so I top some water back off and they get 2-3 days of diluted feedings anywhere from 1.0-1.5ec as a “flush”.

Deff appreciate the feedback on VPD.
Running about 85* and 75% during the day and 75* 65% at night, good airflow.
I have a few vpd charts I’m going off. Will start to drop things about 3*/3% a week after the 3rd week of flower.
I learned a lot about vpd from DJM’s thread on coco trees and kind of made myself some cheat sheets out of notes from that.

The cooling off and lowering rh as the plant finishes is def imperitave to good thc, terps, and bud structure. Hopefully I can nail it!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah, my bad... I always sound condescending.. I'm just ocd as hell or something lol...
That setup is probably my favorite ive seen in a while.... I really wanna get some quantum boards myself bad. I love my Lush led though. I wanna stay loyal to them, it'll come down to money\footprint though we'll see.

Really wanna see how these girls look in another few weeks... excited even lol

ReeferDan

Yeah, my bad... I always sound condescending.. I'm just ocd as hell or something lol...
That setup is probably my favorite ive seen in a while.... I really wanna get some quantum boards myself bad. I love my Lush led though. I wanna stay loyal to them, it'll come down to money\footprint though we'll see.

Really wanna see how these girls look in another few weeks... excited even lol

Didn’t take it condescending at all, I figure everyone on here is stoned or I’m always reading stoned so I put a positive tone on things lol

All advice is appreciated, it can either clear things up to someone who’s confused, or reassure the plan already in place :tiphat:

To say I’m excited to see bud formation come along would be an understatement.
It’s been years since I’ve grown, yet alone grown kush... I’m most excited to watch the swell to beautiful buff kush nugs in the final 2 weeks!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Your growroom setup is very clean and well contstructed. Great work on that.

As for the Quantum boards they are amazing. With the 3000k spectrum you get very little stretch during the first two weeks of flower. I can imagine the stretch is even less with the 4000k boards. Managing the heat is very easy and the light quantity and penetration is great. I can't say enough about them really. They have a V2 now that has these new diodes from Samsung that put out even more light at less wattage. I think the new light only draws a max of 480 watts. Super efficient.

-Funk

ReeferDan

Your growroom setup is very clean and well contstructed. Great work on that.

As for the Quantum boards they are amazing. With the 3000k spectrum you get very little stretch during the first two weeks of flower. I can imagine the stretch is even less with the 4000k boards. Managing the heat is very easy and the light quantity and penetration is great. I can't say enough about them really. They have a V2 now that has these new diodes from Samsung that put out even more light at less wattage. I think the new light only draws a max of 480 watts. Super efficient.

-Funk

thanks funk!
I really thought out the room when i built it, hope most of the little touches show. I know i appreciate going in there and doing very little maintenance throughout the week compared to some of my other friends setups.

These 324 boards are a mix of 80 and 90 CRI diodes, so the spectrum is actually 2750. Today is day 14 and i would say they are stretching what i would have expected. They have doubled in height. Waiting to see what happens over the next week as my head room is getting limited! this spectrum is deff supposed to help control stretch a bit, as well as have superior root growth (what i heard, dont have any hard evidence to compare it to in my room)

ReeferDan

Day 14 flower update
Thinking of switching from 3 feedings a day to 4, plants look super happy, and i just stripped away some mass so i'll play that by ear.
Rocking kiss still, liquid kool bloom, sm90, drip clean, and florolicious plus (this stuff ALWAYS adds algae to my res, and gives me ph swings through the week) i may drop this out, keep the res "dead" but ive always used it in hydro so im not sure. I'll have to try a run without it and see if i notice any difference. Chime in on what you think about it.
They are getting about 2.0-2.2 ec from this, 5.8-6.0 ph. Noticing the slightest bit of perfect tip burn. When the res gets low in the next 2 days, i'll top off with water again and give them their weekly ~2 days of "light" feeding to help flush things out. Generally have this end up at 1.0-1.5 ec as their "flush"

Anyways, was planning on doing a big leaf strip and clean up the undercarriage around week 3. Noticed like 4-5 leaves in the most crowded part of the undergrowth, where the least airflow happens, that had a few spots of PM. Last time i dunked/sprayed the plants it completely went away.
So, bumped up the underside clean up to today. going to give the plants a spray in about an hour when the lights shut off.

Here are some before and after of the beds from stripping leaves and small shoots that wouldnt do anything. I had already kind of been picking away at the first row that was accessible, you can see the back row had never been touched
I'll start taking some better bud progress shots when they start progressing a bit better lol

picture.php

left bed before

picture.php

right bed before... note the 3 plants furthest right are runts/tiny... i was torn on killing them to give good plants more room, or rock em and see what they do, so i rocked em. they barely make it up through first screen, and didnt get tooooo much removed

picture.php

left bed after

picture.php

right bed after (note the 3 furthest right with some mass still)

picture.php

room shot

PHEW that was a bunch of hard work, it was super hot today too, and doing any work in a room thats 85* 75% gets you sweating fast. i had to crawl under, and was wearing a long sleeve shirt and a hat so i wouldnt get weed hives all over myself lol

I think next run im going to strip em and flip em... down to 1-2 nodes like i used to do with sour and chem 4. keeps this later work to almost nothing.

Wish me luck on the spray tonight, hope this PM doesnt come back. I also had pointed one of my circulating fans up straight at the plants to try to beat up the branches a bit and build up strength for the future weight they will hold.
Now i know i had a little stagnant air under the canopy, i have pointed it back down and am getting better air circulation under the first net where everything is now stripped

ReeferDan

Just got home from work to check the garden.
they got sprayed last night after lights out, so i wanted to make sure they werent burnt or hurting in any way.
While doing my checks, noticed my first tank of co2 ran out sometime today, so i swapped that out real quick, and somehow some way the ducting from my scrubber that helps circulate air and cool the lights came apart at the 90* in the corner of the room.
Had to hop up and stretch over the plants, line it up and tape it back together.
While up above the plants i was admiring the structure for only being 14-15 days in, and the tiny "perfect" amount of tip burn they have and the overall good health and color and just how happy they looked, figured i would snap a few bud shots and share with the IC fam...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Yes sir

Yes sir

You have those set up just right. I am anxious to see how they finish. I picked up a bunch of the 100 watt boards to try in veg and then eventually in flower. I have high hopes for these as the time to scale up approaches. Good growing!

ReeferDan

You have those set up just right. I am anxious to see how they finish. I picked up a bunch of the 100 watt boards to try in veg and then eventually in flower. I have high hopes for these as the time to scale up approaches. Good growing!

Thanks for the kind words choice!

I’m really happy with all these LED boards I have. That little 100w is rockin my veg setup, honestly could have gotten away with a 65 in that area !