What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Disco & friends

cone

2-week flower still.

Last Bubba then it's onto the big ugly bitch.

Right here we go with the reject
KB x AK still at 2 weeks flower.

A better looking top

Last but not least a side view of the top.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Sorry man I haven't done it intentionally, I will have to open my eyes more.
With regards to cloning, what media have you been using?
Give me a brief description of how you go about it I'll try to give you some advice, The only clones I lost in the last year or so have been down to a clumsy heavy-handed helper :yoinks:
Obviously, there are hundreds probably thousands of posts on here how different folk do it but given my situation, I have to make sure the plants will be good for a few days just in case I can't get in which means nobody goes in after the last performance when I was in ITU.

To be completely honest with you I haven't been dedicating enough time on here, Updating is harder just lately I've got some things happening that I least expected it's going to get interesting in the next month or so.
Like the last update when I said "Pictures coming shortly" That was 4 days ago I'll get it done tonight
Nah I been around, just not really interacting much. More passive foruming lately. I read the JJscorpio clone thread, and a couple others. Just trying the generic, take a cutting, soak it in water a little bit, cut the end 45 degrees with a razor, dip it into the rooting hormone, then put it into some root riot cubes and into the humidity dome. Started not last monday, but the one before. The first 4 cuttings I took 1 died immediately, another one died last night or today, which is exactly 2 weeks after it was cut. I grabbed another 8-10 cuttings last monday. Lost one of them so far, everything else seems "okay". Still green. Still solid.

My biggest problem I think was I started them off in WAY too high humidity. Like it was so high the hygrometer in my humidity dome just said Upper Limit. I think by spraying them too much, it was causing the condensation to pool and get sucked back up by the root riots, which was leaving them too wet. The one I threw out today was mush, but when I cut open the rioter it had the nubs of roots starting, but they never spread out. I'm pretty sure I was drowning them. I am about to buy an ice cream mold to give BudleyDoRight's cloner a shot. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42847 If that doesn't work I was planning on assembling a wick cloner, then if that didn't work an aerocloner. The mold one is like 15$ worth of materials though so I wanted to start with that. People seem to get great results and the only thing I have to remember to do is check the water level. Starke has a really nice wick cloner too, looks set it and forget it.

And yeah man I would appreciate any words of advice. And don't feel like you gotta "dedicate" time. We will all be here, pretty sure nobody going anywhere :) icmag for life.

cone

Nah I been around, just not really interacting much. More passive foruming lately. I read the JJscorpio clone thread, and a couple others. Just trying the generic, take a cutting, soak it in water a little bit, cut the end 45 degrees with a razor, dip it into the rooting hormone, then put it into some root riot cubes and into the humidity dome. Started not last monday, but the one before. The first 4 cuttings I took 1 died immediately, another one died last night or today, which is exactly 2 weeks after it was cut. I grabbed another 8-10 cuttings last monday. Lost one of them so far, everything else seems "okay". Still green. Still solid.

My biggest problem I think was I started them off in WAY too high humidity. Like it was so high the hygrometer in my humidity dome just said Upper Limit. I think by spraying them too much, it was causing the condensation to pool and get sucked back up by the root riots, which was leaving them too wet. The one I threw out today was mush, but when I cut open the rioter it had the nubs of roots starting, but they never spread out. I'm pretty sure I was drowning them. I am about to buy an ice cream mold to give BudleyDoRight's cloner a shot. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42847 If that doesn't work I was planning on assembling a wick cloner, then if that didn't work an aerocloner. The mold one is like 15$ worth of materials though so I wanted to start with that. People seem to get great results and the only thing I have to remember to do is check the water level. Starke has a really nice wick cloner too, looks set it and forget it.

And yeah man I would appreciate any words of advice. And don't feel like you gotta "dedicate" time. We will all be here, pretty sure nobody going anywhere :) icmag for life.

It's not dedicating time mate if it helps you succeed in getting rooted cuttings more often than not it's worth every second.

The information is there if you find a better way go for it whatever works best for you.

Ahh just researching, When I take clones it's not far from what you do with the odd tweak.

First get everything you will need at hand.

1. Clean all equipment you will be using I like Isopropyl.
2. I always use a new small new bottle of Clonex then discard after use.
3. Get Clonex mist.
4. A glass of tepid water.
5. Clean sharp scissors.
6. New clean razor blade/Scalpel

Get the plant you will be taking cuttings from.

1. Look for the thickest healthy parts.
2. Snip the new cutting off (Straight cut)
3. Take off any extra growth apart from the very top 2 full leaves, Spray with Clonex mist & put the cutting into the glass of tepid water leave them in their for 24 hours in a low light area.
4. The day after take the cuttings out of the water, Cut the bottom off at a 45-degree angle and give them a good dip in clonex then put them whatever media you prefer I love Root Riot.
5. Put a layer of perlite in the bottom of your propagator and wet slightly I do this just to make sure inside stays humid, you don't need to mess about after this.

Job done bud.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
What about the light levels? And light hours? I have 2 300w equivalent led in 1 tent and a 25w actual in my other tent where I keep my mother plants. the 300w are on an 16/8 timer at the moment while the 25w is on 24 hours. Should I put them in a tent? Should I just leave them with sunlight from the windows? And also thank you for the information bro :)

Last edited:

cone

What about the light levels? And light hours? I have 2 300w equivalent led in 1 tent and a 25w actual in my other tent where I keep my mother plants. the 300w are on an 16/8 timer at the moment while the 25w is on 24 hours. Should I put them in a tent? Should I just leave them with sunlight from the windows?

Sorry forgot about that.

I always keep Mothers, Clones & seedlings on 18/6, The new cuttings don't need a lot of light, Diffused light is good enough.
Mine are under 2 x 24w T5 with the lights 20inch above cuttings, perfect for the job.

If you can find space in any tent that will be fine but change the timer to 18/6 & not directly under the 2 x 300w.
Why have a 25w on 24/7?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Aight cool. And the other tent has my 3 mother plants in it. I figured it's enough light to keep them growing, but not enough to make them huge? They definitely seem to have gotten bigger under it. I was planning on doing more cuts this weekend for sure. Oh and the main tent is 16/8 because these are "autoflowers" from a batch that the last 2 strains didn't auto at all. These ones seem to have done better though, they flipped on their own. I just figured I would lower to 16/8 to make sure they stay in flower. Oh and I don't have another timer is the main reason it's 24 hours.

Last edited:

cone

Should be enough to keep short mother's yes.
Give my way a try or at the very least leaving them in tepid water for 24 hours and don't keep them too warm.
Ok although I do think if they are true Auto's they will flower under 12/12,16/8,18/6 or 24/7 that's just my opinion.
I've got a spare digital timer I can't stand it's far too complicated for my needs you can have that any time you can have that any time you want bud.

cone

Ok pictures from 3 week flower.

Apologies for the pictures I will make sure next time all different strains will have their own area this grow is a nightmare to get individual pictures they've grown into each other unfortunately for you guys.

First up is MK at the front & DB behind them if you can make them out.

The stupidly stretchy MK

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If I'm ever across the pond I'll have to grab that timer, but don't hold your breathe :) I just setup a vermiculite ice pop tray and tomorrow I cut my mothers again. I want to get the clonex mist and I'm going to see if they have a taller dome, but I feel confident this time. Plus I just popped 4 bagseeds so at worst I'll have something at least :D I have to learn to clone though. And yeah dood I'm not wicked impressed with the auto genetics I chose. Live and learn.

cone

Lookin good! Are you using blumats to water some of those?

No mate the 2 plants on the left (KB X AK & BUBBA) are getting hand watered the others are in a 20 pot Wilma dripper system.

I'll try to get some shots just after the lights go out.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I think blumats are also considered dripper systems, I'm not sure to be honest. I think blumats work off the blumat drying out causing a drop in water pressure though, not through a pump/timer positive pressure system. Does the wilma system work well? Seems like once you dialed in the right time/nutrients it would take a lot of the hassle out of watering.

cone

I think blumats are also considered dripper systems, I'm not sure to be honest. I think blumats work off the blumat drying out causing a drop in water pressure though, not through a pump/timer positive pressure system. Does the wilma system work well? Seems like once you dialed in the right time/nutrients it would take a lot of the hassle out of watering.
Apologies for the delay replying I'm so busy with emailing, The plants, New lights time just run away.

I think the Blumats work by capillary action, If it was a dripper I would expect a little more in the kit I could be wrong that's just a theory.
Would imagine it to be reliable after all there isn't much to go wrong imagine the possibilities for a gorilla grow be fantastic if you could dig a hole, Fill it with pond liner or heavy-duty plastic sheet to line it cover it over with membrane to allow water in, cover it with something plant material ect just got to hope it rains, Just an idea.

The Wilma systems is fantastic its simplicity and ease of setting up, Running it and cleaning is a breeze for something that will hold 20 plants the thing that takes the longest is washing & disinfecting the pots!
Timing is easy 5 minutes on every 4 hours for new plants after a week in (If your plants are healthy in the first place) tend to be well rooted in 6l pots, The timer then gets changed to 15 minutes on 45 minutes off is a sweet spot for the Disco Biscuit & Master Kush.
I'm not saying it's perfect by any means but they seem happy enough for the first run.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Apologies for the delay replying I'm so busy with emailing, The plants, New lights time just run away.

I think the Blumats work by capillary action, If it was a dripper I would expect a little more in the kit I could be wrong that's just a theory.
Would imagine it to be reliable after all there isn't much to go wrong imagine the possibilities for a gorilla grow be fantastic if you could dig a hole, Fill it with pond liner or heavy-duty plastic sheet to line it cover it over with membrane to allow water in, cover it with something plant material ect just got to hope it rains, Just an idea.

The Wilma systems is fantastic its simplicity and ease of setting up, Running it and cleaning is a breeze for something that will hold 20 plants the thing that takes the longest is washing & disinfecting the pots!
Timing is easy 5 minutes on every 4 hours for new plants after a week in (If your plants are healthy in the first place) tend to be well rooted in 6l pots, The timer then gets changed to 15 minutes on 45 minutes off is a sweet spot for the Disco Biscuit & Master Kush.
I'm not saying it's perfect by any means but they seem happy enough for the first run.
I should have access to water if I need it for my outdoor, but that's a really good idea with the plastic, I have large sheets of it on rolls. I wonder if it keeps the ground too wet or anything, it's basically a swimming pool full of dirt at that point. Wilma looks rad I'll have to look into stuff like that if I ever scale up.

cone

I should have access to water if I need it for my outdoor, but that's a really good idea with the plastic, I have large sheets of it on rolls. I wonder if it keeps the ground too wet or anything, it's basically a swimming pool full of dirt at that point. Wilma looks rad I'll have to look into stuff like that if I ever scale up.

Swimming pool of dirt you can't swim in that mate lol, There's plenty of room for the roots to spread.

I didn't mean put the plant where water has been collected in sheeting, I meant to use the water collected for watering the plants.
Is the water source close enough to where you are putting the plants?

I'm having a spare Wilma 10 pot in with the 20 pot next time it needs a good wash and disinfecting, I'm surprised everything is still with it ready to use.

10 pot wilma system

cone

Over a week late better late than never.

4 weeks flower.

Master Kush & Disco Biscuit

Master Kush & Disco Biscuit

Master Kush

MK DB BB & KB AK

Disco Biscuit

cone

Why oh why won't these pictures show up large when I post?
I'm going to insert image & clicking on the image I want but still showing small images.

Latest posts

Latest posts