What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gantz and his stinky skunks

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
yeah mate. i know how that goes.
when i grew SSA this spring, the first month they were really slow. i thought it was the low number of sunlight they got. In the second month they grew a bit more and then then they started flowering and started growing 2cm a day for two weeks straight. They went from 20cm to 60cm. i was impressed and scared at the same time.

there they are. the ones in the middle.

so if i can get all of them more or less the same size...i'll be a happy boy.

thanks for stopping by

inbetween

I understand what your saying mate.. sturdy fat trunks on them though, pretty good in 3L pots too.
I did similar in the wilma, also suffered from low light in a room pointing west so only getting late day sun in early spring. So my plants stretched, i think one got close to a meter height. Well last time i measured was 30 inch, slowly making it's way to the vape in bits lol.. got a photo somewhere when they just started to flower, i'll post it through

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Quick update.
2 sets of leaves and the 3rd is slowly growing

....I really don't like the slow period.

Next time there will be photos.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
This is killing me!!!

This is killing me!!!

I know everyone (yeah you) has been waiting for this. And I have to admit that I too have been waiting for the chance to show you some wonderful plants that are not growing but thriving under my watchful eye...

....And fewer things would make me happier than showing them to you...

....IF I HAD THEM

In my last grow I decided to make a mix of cocopeat, potting soil with some vermiculite in it, and some worm castings. A nice mix that created these roots:

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
This time I decided to go for this stuff:

Looks lovely, doesn't it? The packaging is amazing... Unfortunately I can't see a single spurt of growth since last time i posted pics. One of my BSA is slowly going purple... but that's it. So I'm starting to think it could be the medium i'm using...

I might be doing something wrong. Feedback is always welcome.

2 BSA

2 SSA

B

bigganjabud

If they're going purple then it's temps bro try and up them a bit

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
One is going purple. They get 25-30 daily. At night maybe 10-15. It's not that cold yet.
What worries me is the lack of growth not the change in colour in a plant that should change colour anyway.
I think it's the PH of the medium. Not sure how I could remedy that...

inbetween

Hey Gantz, i see what you mean with not looking happy.. well one looks not too bad, could it be over watering? i've had this problem with the heat this year and not knowing exactly when and how much to give them. Or like you say the type of medium your using could be clogging up the root system.. I have one red show itself out of the auto mix, my problem is like last time with a devil cream auto the flower early. At least here they do anyway, i already have pistils showing on the top and as you know i planted 2 days before you did :(

Another problem i maybe had was the sides of the pots getting too hot. but mine were started off in the 1L pots, not sure you'd have the same problem in your 3L pots.. What's the other 2 plants looking like, are they doing the same thing?

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Hey mate. thanks for stopping by. I suspect it's the PH. I checked online and it's 7.2. Not exactly ideal. My stupid fault for not checking...
...Anyway.

I water them every 3-4 days. The weather's been mild but quite sunny so no worries there. The control plants are looking exactly the same as the others.

The ones in the cups from 2 weeks ago

I had them potted. And yesterday they still looked...pretty much the same

I don't really know how to fix it. In the past i have been smart enough to make a nicely balanced mixed so my girls thrived. This time i'm learning how costly mistakes can be.

I'll keep them alive and hope for the best.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

So I bought some BioBizz Light Mix and transplanted the seedlings. Hope all goes well.

I'll keep you updated.

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
thanks mate. they are looking a bit better today. I'll post an update at the weekend.

thanks for stopping by

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
That would be 3 but my spanish needs a lot of work. I can speak it but just don't expect me to conjugate verbs properly.

inbetween

I'd bet your spanish needs far less than mine lol.. and uhhh conjugate, what's that taste like ;~/
Yeah wife's the same.. i know she's speaking around three, understands more but not fluent.. give me colours or numbers to play with and i'm happy enough, talk language with me and i get spaced out and look blank O.O

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
Things are looking up

Things are looking up

Lesson Learnt! Don't experiment with new soil with your entire grow:bashhead:

Anyway. My seedlings are looking better and i couldn't be happier.... ok i could because they are 3 weeks old.

SSA

BSA

...yeah...3 weeks old. you read that right.

I'd like to clarify to any newcomers that haven't bothered to read the whole thread. They are this small because i used a medium with messed up ph.

I was hoping that this would be a nice thread full of pics of beautiful plants but i messed up so this is where i am

Still I am curious to see how they fare. These are the things i want to find out before the end of my grow:
1. Will they flower in the next 2 weeks like my first autos?
2. Will they stretch just as much?
3. Any chance of hermies?

Gantz

Smoke weed and prosper
Veteran
ATTACK!!!!

ATTACK!!!!

Next to my skunks there are 2 more strains
My entire garden is nothing spectacular as you can all see

Unfortunately one of the lil'ones (a Monster Mash Auto) looked a bit nibbled-on this morning. I thought that on the last floor the only things i should fear would be birds.

Until i found this

I pulled the son of a bug off but it decided to harm my girl even more and took half a leaf with it.

Death was swift!:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts