What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Organic soil multiple strain plant party

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
The quick and dirty of it is that i started with liquid organics years ago, learned more, transitioned to tlo/rev organics, learned more, and now i practice recycled and no-till organic living soil. I have been blessed to test seeds for a number of different breeders and aspiring breeders, and friends who just make some seeds for personal use.

Here i will be humbly demonstrating what listening to the plants and soil has taught me. Most of my mulches/topdressings are from around my garden and grown and collected by me. I seek as close to zero footprint as possible for indoor growing. Comfrey, stinging nettles, tree leaves, grass clippings, and more. These are some of the materials i use to feed the living soil which in turn interacts with the plants.

After more reading i have adopted an 11on/13off light schedule for flowering and that is also giving me favorable results so far. As i am running new to me cultivars i will not speculate on whether they would do better under 12/12, but i like what i am seeing in the various plants and i feel i have grown enough healthy, and sick, plants to tell. :)

Sifting through phenotypes to find some stellar keeper plants is my current goal and i have about 23 cultivars to test. My personal preferences are more sativa and sativa dominant cultivars.

Getting into larger container sizes as i do believe root room along with healthy soil will allow the plant to take care of itself.

If you have questions please feel free to ask if they are sincere.
The knowledge i have gained has been in no small part due to my own diligence, but it was encouraged and facilitated by several organic soil advocates from this sub-forum.
click to get bigger pics for now

To start with my Tom Hill Haze F2 from miau miau .

Probably will go 12-14 weeks
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
Velvet Rush X (NL5/Haze) male #1
picture.php

[/FONT]

Last edited:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
These are Floji from my friend Xekki who crossed DJ Shorts Flo with a very nice Goji OG (bodhi) male. I'm happy with how healthy they appear to be. They are developing well and the smells are rich, complex, and getting stronger. :D Text is acting strange. The next set of pictures is at day 35 of flowering. #5 last picture is at day 37 lights off.

picture.php
[/FONT]
#2 day one of flowering

#5 right before flowering[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Last edited:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Now for the Floji #2.

picture.php

close up

picture.php

lights off at day 37. Next time i'd like to run her in a 10 or 15 gal, but this 6gal will be it for now.

picture.php

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Here is that TH Haze F2 at day 22 of flowering.
picture.php

Purple Pantera F2 about 18 days flowering.

picture.php

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
thanks Midwest sticky. :D The Floji will probably run at least 60-70 days so they are just over halfway. Thanks for looking.

T

Terps

nice healthy plants mate, im interested in the 11/13 light cycle what are the pro's and con's compared to 12/12?

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
nice healthy plants mate, im interested in the 11/13 light cycle what are the pro's and con's compared to 12/12?

Hi there Terps. Thanks for stopping by. Cannabis has been grown in and has adapted to growing in areas with different day lengths. We know that there are long flowering sativas with tropical genes that can take almost a year to flower at 12/12. We also know that one of the ancestral homes for ganja is in the area of nepal and there the minimum to maximum range for daylight hours is from 8.5hrs to 15hrs.

Day length around the equator, like in Panama for example, fluctuates from 11-13 hours. After thinking about this and also understanding that many plants start flowering under different day/night lengths it seems to me that 11/13 on/off schedule would allow me to retain a reasonably long day to allow for plenty of photosynthesis. It would also allow for different phenotypic expressions to appear since the concentration of floral hormones would be quite different than running things at 12/12. At least in theory. Since i am running a mixed room it also seems that this would allow for the majority of plants to produce well and close to what they would produce under 12/12.

DJ Short and other growers and breeders have recommended 11/13 and i also know that outdoor plants can end up having those short 8.5 hrs day by the end of the harvest, so obviously 12/12 isn't the only way and seems quite long. Additionally it might shorten flowering time some, but that's not really my concern. I am looking for absolute quality and this is proving to be convincing to me. :D

Hope that helps and that it isn't too long winded. :biggrin:

NEUSA

Hey 3rd them floji are looking great, I was lucky enough to get some of them floji from Xekki too. I am running some of his Gorilla Grape x Goji now. The PP f2's look good too, glad to see you are showing them off. I just joined over here, but you know me as growman on Skunk.