What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical Scrog

bobblehead

Veteran
Lol... It burns to a white ash... Very clean and tasty... It makes for ok regs. :D

You're not far from turning out AAA. Just keep working at it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am having a heck of a storm so this will be short. I will have my ballast Thursday so I will be loading this room soon. Tomorrow I will go over how to use this and what it is. Should save me some time.

picture.php

I can't get photos in right now as the computer is herky jerky with the wifi so you will have to wait.

Grizz

Veteran
IC cant say enough about your profesionalism, ( hope i spelled that close to right ) lol. impressed. you have jumped up in your growing in a very short time,

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I am having a heck of a storm so this will be short. I will have my ballast Thursday so I will be loading this room soon. Tomorrow I will go over how to use this and what it is. Should save me some time.

View Image

I can't get photos in right now as the computer is herky jerky with the wifi so you will have to wait.
Let me guess you are securing your roof with the plastic cap strip hammer tacker thingamabob?
I always look at those when at the local roofing supply store, but we generally just use 3/8" hammer tackers since we cover up right away, and don't have ice dam issues like you...
Damn I need to learn to use punctuation, or was it that rip of USD...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
IC cant say enough about your profesionalism, ( hope i spelled that close to right ) lol. impressed. you have jumped up in your growing in a very short time,

Thanks Josey, it is all because of the poster like you and so many others here on IC Mag.

And that is not a roofing tool, sorry Arminius. It is used for tying plants. It is a tool called the Tapener. I got it at Hydro-Gardens. What it does is wrap a piece of flexible plastic around your plant and staple it in place. I plan to use it with plastic clips and twist ties.

Here is a picture of it before you staple it. Also in the picture is the plastic clips.

picture.php

What you do is squeeze it once to advance the tape then push your plant and what you want it taped to threw and squeeze again. I think this will be a lot faster then using twist ties.

For a idea of what these three fasteners look like here is a picture.

picture.php

I also Have decided to keep track of my time and how much nutes I mix for this run.

picture.php

I added 6 minutes to my mixing time as that is what I used to test for leaks. I also added 16 Gallons to my nute total as that is what I mixed.

I probably won't post any more today as I will be trimming bud. But who knows that gets really really boring.

Arminius

Veteran
Lol, I was thinking of one of these...

Attachments

• 1260980582098__NationalNail_PneumaticCapStapl_COND_0.png
    1260980582098__NationalNail_PneumaticCapStapl_COND_0.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 40
Ok now here is the blumat set up.

View Image

This is my feed bucket.It is very important that you don't stick you head in it. So I left the warning visible and placed it close to the ceiling. Now if you look at it you will see a 1 1/4 inch pipe coming out at the bottom with a valve. This reduces to 3/4 of a inch pipe. It is the supply line to the blumats. I used a GH 1 1/4 inch ring to seal it. The top 1 1/4 pipe has a tee fitting on it. This is my overflow line and dumps back into the tote on the far left in the first picture. The black line coming into the top of the tee is my supply line from the tote below. The tee holds it in place. Every pipe here has a flexible hose on it so I can take this apart for maintenance.

DWC has been the death of many a good grower.

Arminius

Veteran
Ok now here is the blumat set up.

View Image

This is my feed bucket.It is very important that you don't stick you head in it. So I left the warning visible and placed it close to the ceiling. Now if you look at it you will see a 1 1/4 inch pipe coming out at the bottom with a valve. This reduces to 3/4 of a inch pipe. It is the supply line to the blumats. I used a GH 1 1/4 inch ring to seal it. The top 1 1/4 pipe has a tee fitting on it. This is my overflow line and dumps back into the tote on the far left in the first picture. The black line coming into the top of the tee is my supply line from the tote below. The tee holds it in place. Every pipe here has a flexible hose on it so I can take this apart for maintenance.

DWC has been the death of many a good grower.
While I agree about DWC, DWC this is not...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ichabob your a bit OCD correct? LOL!

I have never seen a cleaner setup....except for a very large medical warehouse grow.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Ichabob your a bit OCD correct? LOL!

I have never seen a cleaner setup....except for a very large medical warehouse grow.

Umm, isn't there suppose to be two spaces between your question mark and LOL?

And no it is just a new set up. You just have not seen my veg.

D

DHF

Been preachin Hydro-gardens.com for many yrs.....Excellent info Icky......and....

Knew immediately what the mater tyin clip thingy was cuz I bought 1 when they first came out for my veggie garden and such......

Bought my digital scales from there as well , and although I`ve helped buncha folks learn about mixin their own dry nutes , Hydro-Gardens does NOT ship in brown paper pkgs as you stated and my paranoid growbro`s went backta GH 3 part for the most part......

Your attention to detail is to be commended in the mixing process , and gladta see the news on a cheap ph down as well......

I always went to the parts store and bought battery acid fer waaaay cheap , but it freaks folks out when yas tell em yas used that shit ta grow dope......

Hope the transition to blumats is an easy 1.....

Good luck....DHF....:ying:....

Edit: Hydro-Gardens is NOT grower friendly since they supply folks like Walt Disney World ,and most major hydroponic greenhouse veggie growers , so please , if contacting said place don`t reference pot growin or they`ll hang up on yas....

Same thing if yas contact the folks directly for smart pots.....Killer prices if yas know howta go about askin for japanese maple containers and nutes for your greenhouse veggies though.....

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I was thinking about that OCD comment and it reminded me of the first time I had my wife over in college. I lived in the basement and she was going to come into my room but I told her I had to straighten it up first.
So I went down and lifted my school bag off of the bed and pushed the wrinkle it left flat. My wife watched me do this and thought to herself, I got to clean my room before he comes over. My room was spotless and it freaked her out. Now she is like what happened.

As far as my grow goes this is how I pay my bills and feed my family so it has to be the best it can be.

I hope the blumats go well as well Fred. I have to go on a vacation for a few days at the end of September and don"t want to come back to spider mites again like last time. I have the time to adjust them as I am in my grow daily.

I still have not figured out how to get my new camera synced up to the computer yet so no good pictures yet.

Well back to trimming, got 7.5 plants yet to trim.

MrAwder

Now I'm thinking I need to re-do my blumat feed setup. My first attempt (yesterday) was a failure. Used all 3/8" ID tubing and need a bigger overflow line. Came up with DIY bulkheads which were bound to fail. Used all soft flex tubing which folded and kinked causing flow issues. So then last night I went and ordered a bunch of .5" and .75" grommets and fittings since I heard it is easier to get a seal with grommets on a bucket than with bulkhead fittings. Planned on 1/2" feed to blumats, 1/2" input from low res, 3/4" overflow. 3/4" tubing is stupid expensive.

Now I'm looking at your setup with PVC and thinking I just flushed another $50 on fittings and tubing down the drain.

I wonder if I can reproduce this with 1/2" and 3/4" inch grommets and PVC? Not sure if grommets are ID/OD and the same with the PVC. Running flex tube looks like a fools game though.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I don't see why you can't run your supply lines with the 1/2 inch pipe. Blumat suggest 8mm for their lines and that is less then 1/2 inch. I ran the 1 1/4 inch because that is what i had on hand. The pvc pipe is way cheaper then the flexible pipe. I have that sitting around as well so it is best for me.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
A little update. Still can't get the camera synced up so no pictures.

I tied up six plants tonight. The strains I went with are:

2 Chemdog (Bobble's cut)
2 OG Kush (from Fred a clone supplier here known as FOG)
2 Deathstar (Picked them up downstate supposed original)

So my total time to date is:

Pest management (Eagle 20) 16 minutes
Training to screens pruning and taking clones 1 hour 55 minutes
Cleaning 2 minutes
mixing nutes and watering plants 20 minutes

Total time spent on grow to date 2 hours 33 minutes.

Total time is only time I spend on the current run and not room building.

2 weeks ago I had spider mites and I treated my plant with Abamectin and have not seen them since. Tomorrow I will treat with abamectin again as a preventive measure. For tomorrow I also plan to get lights on the plants and install the blumats.

So the schedule for the grow is this:

Trim fan leaves and small bud sites August 25
Tentative harvest October 3

Latest posts

Latest posts