What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TRIMMING SEASON IN CALIFORNIA (WHEN?)

danlilker

Hi everybody,

i could have the luck of going and staying in California for two months (June and July). The place is 2 hrs north of San Francisco).
I was thinking of trying to find a "Job" while there in a farm doing some trimming. I wanted to ask you when(which month) does the trimming season start. Can anyone help me?

Cheers
Dan

Crazy Chester

Hi everybody,

i could have the luck of going and staying in California for two months (June and July). The place is 2 hrs north of San Francisco).
I was thinking of trying to find a "Job" while there in a farm doing some trimming. I wanted to ask you when(which month) does the trimming season start. Can anyone help me?

Cheers
Dan

In the SF Bay Area, the time is now!

Where you're looking, it's a bit higher lattitude, so, some early crops might be being harvested now - those who trim fresh harvested bud should be starting with their early ones. Those who dry trim, are harvesting and hanging the early ones to dry - trimming will be done in a few days.

But, the bulk of Northern California's crop will most likely be harvested in about a week from now through the beginning of November. The majority of trimming will be then.

If you're looking for a job, look now when the harvesting is beginning and the growers are blown away by the amount of work that has to be done - lol!

The Joker1

There are now Mexican trim crews who are cutting in assembly lines and doing twice the work of the trimmigrants in the same time. Less headaches, better work ethic. No one hates them like they hate the trimmigrants.

There are now Mexican trim crews who are cutting in assembly lines and doing twice the work of the trimmigrants in the same time. Less headaches, better work ethic. No one hates them like they hate the trimmigrants.

Probably just stoked to be there getting some $ without the bs from bending over all day. Speaking of I'm switching to bigger pots....

spazspaz

Hey, I'm dreaming about joining a spacecake migrant flailer crust crotch incommunicado tent cult that feeds trees to machines for $15/hr. Do we still get free booze and smoke?