What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

STOP BIG WEED before its too late!

Boosts respiratory health too. You can peer down the rabbit hole in any direction...as far as you can or want to, theres a lot to learn... and unlearn

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
The American small farmers with the support of most of the public couldn't stop BigAg so a bunch of stoners are going to stop them, ya right. I want the strains you are smoking.

S

sativaking

The American small farmers with the support of most of the public couldn't stop BigAg so a bunch of stoners are going to stop them, ya right. I want the strains you are smoking.

Haha that was good...although i do hope that does not come true.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not aware of any GMO cannabis.
However, I was reading something a few days ago that mentioned modified hemp...
S.Skunkman insists there is no GMO cannabis. I can't say whether there is or not.

@stoned40years,
Your absolutely correct!
Small farmers can't stop Big Ag.
Farmers, in general, are less than 1% of the population so they don't spend a whole lot of money on groceries.
The ONLY way to get to these huge corporate farms is by voting with your dollars. Its the only paper that makes any sense to them!

LostTribe

Premium user
Its only a matter of time through legalization that Big Weed will cause a second prohibition to take place and that will be against the home growers!

They are already creating so much red tape out in Colorado and California that it just seems inevitable.

HOW ABOUT WASHINGTON STATE WHERE LEGALIZATION PROHIBITS HOMEGROWN CANNABIS?????

It's bullshit, there is no real reason to limit or prohibit homegrown other than big corperations want monopolies.

What can be done to stop them though?

Dirt Life

Veteran
Cannabis will ALWAYS have an "underground", as long as the establishment puts any kind of rules or regulations on this plant; it's too intergrated into our culture to be "bought out", and it will always have people who protect it from the powers that be. This is also a good example of hoarding being a good thing, sometimes.

All cactusses produce mescaline as a pesticide
some just produce them in quantities we find tantalizing.
Its in every type.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I would like to see the source of that claim. There have been many similar species (look a likes) to Lophophora williamsii that have been tested for the alkaloid and the results were negative. To say all cacti contain or produce mescaline is a bold statement.

Other cacti may contain similar alkaloids or phenethylamines but I don’t think they all contain mescaline.

Trout is my source. The most knowledgable person on cactus on the planet. Published many books. Is on other forums. They didnt detect trace amounts in the test it appears.

Im sure if you poke around you can find data to confirm what I'm saying but I'm confident in my statement.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I am familiar with Trout and if he makes the claim I would take it as reliable. Just unaware he did.

purple_man

Veteran
high fambz!

most of the concerns are spot on imho, especially if put in comparison to tobbacco for example. there is still folks who grow a few plants for themself, BUT once you reach a certain amount of plants you have to pay taxes on it (no matter if you sell the produced tobbaco or not).

next thing is, most of the small farmers who still grow it (outside of the corporate scheme), earn peanuts, same will happen to weed.

the only way to stay in "the game" will be to prdouce "niche"/high-end product in limited quantity and be good at marketing... SADLY!!!

by the way: the "pesticide emitting" GMO spoken about, is the BT-corn strains from dupont, monsanto and bayer/basf (not sure which one of them has 1 or 2 as well). these plants produce the bacillus turengiensis spores/chemicals which if uptaken by the corn borer (which is the bigest pest problem in corn monocropping with no other crop in rotation), gets activated in its guts and kills it.

also there is new GMO corn strains (either in work, or already on the field), which produce the BT-toxin as well as being "round-up ready" hence glyphosphate resistent ...

blessss

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its in every type.

Really? I'm not arguing with you; I've just never heard that. I've been growing San Pedro for years. Strictly for ornamental purposes, of course.

S

sativaking

I gotta say with the obvious health benefits of the plant it could be treated very differently than tobacco.....only if more research goes into it of course.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
If things continue as they are going now home growers may be at greater risk than even during prohibition!

Educate yourselves and if you have friend that like your buds instist they educate too!

LT

Not all cacti produce mescaline, that is false.

Trout knows what he is talking about but I'd like to see a quote where he said that.

As far as I know only Trichocereus and Lophophora cacti produce mescaline.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its only a matter of time through legalization that Big Weed will cause a second prohibition to take place and that will be against the home growers!

They are already creating so much red tape out in Colorado and California that it just seems inevitable.

HOW ABOUT WASHINGTON STATE WHERE LEGALIZATION PROHIBITS HOMEGROWN CANNABIS?????

It's bullshit, there is no real reason to limit or prohibit homegrown other than big corperations want monopolies.

What can be done to stop them though?

State Constitutional Amendments are the only barrier for the people against their controllers... err... governers.

Its in every type.

^^^Thats simply false... and... if its not... prove it please.