What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Movies to watch while stoned that aren't about drugs

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bruce Lee fan here, was an extra on the set (running screaming in the background, what an actress) weeks before his son died, CROW, never met him, Wilmington NC goes hard baby, camped on "only extras" audition line for 3 days

what year was that,my sis did extras for law&order back in the late 90's,she said they all have great catering

what year was that,my sis did extras for law&order back in the late 90's,she said they all have great catering

round 91, for extras they had pretty good Jackshit and air puddin', that winter it snowed and my friend at 22 had never seen snow before, hadn't thought about those times in a while, I was a kiddie havin' fun

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I watched "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" last night...
I didn't smoke a joint, but by the time the movie got started, i FELT like I was stoned!:dance013:

"So long, and thanks for all the fish" !

Last edited:

waveguide

Veteran
Go to stoner movie Big Trouble In Little China staring Jack Burton

this thread is pretty sad. a bunch of people getting high and reviewing information they already know, that doesn't challenge or expand them, only reinforce their ideas about who they are, where they are et c.

but we all knew that.

the chinese movies the ideas from that movie were taken from are waaaaaaaaaay

i mean

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

i mean, you gotta know what i'm saying. i feel like i'm dying every time i read a thread full of people who can only be the same person they were 20 years ago, and are on course for not learning anything new in the next 20 years.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I like old before even I was born Humphrey Bogart. I've got Treasure of the Sierra Madera recorded and waiting to be watched.

this thread is pretty sad. a bunch of people getting high and reviewing information they already know, that doesn't challenge or expand them, only reinforce their ideas about who they are, where they are et c.

but we all knew that.

the chinese movies the ideas from that movie were taken from are waaaaaaaaaay

i mean

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

i mean, you gotta know what i'm saying. i feel like i'm dying every time i read a thread full of people who can only be the same person they were 20 years ago, and are on course for not learning anything new in the next 20 years.

Waveguide, I'd love to hear and try some of your suggestions, are you into movies or certain tv?

waveguide

Veteran
not for many years. that changed two years ago when i discovered subbed chinese historical dramas online like three kingdoms and the great revival. since then i've managed to slop up the "four great classics" in televised form.

i enjoy it in that chinese television often entertains the perspective that desire isn't some kind of implicit human state. it's very comforting and keeps me from rocking back and forth in the corner hugging my knees and wondering if humans will ever ever escape from american shopping malls filled with plastic monkey penises ever.

if you know what i mean by that.

not for many years. that changed two years ago when i discovered subbed chinese historical dramas online like three kingdoms and the great revival. since then i've managed to slop up the "four great classics" in televised form.

i enjoy it in that chinese television often entertains the perspective that desire isn't some kind of implicit human state. it's very comforting and keeps me from rocking back and forth in the corner hugging my knees and wondering if humans will ever ever escape from american shopping malls filled with plastic monkey penises ever.

if you know what i mean by that.

maybe it's my naivete, but doesn't every culture have its own form of "plastic monkey penises"?

Last edited:
cactus, I was keeping it new school. pennywise was awesome. even sober.

heres one for ya, Strangeland. thata movie is F'd up, like seriously. dee snider is super twisted.

house of 1000 corpses
texas chain saw massacre (original one)
hitcher
wolf creek
killer clowns from outer space. (lol)

I like scary but those would make me toss and turn at night

waveguide

Veteran
maybe it's my naivete, but doesn't every culture have its own form of "plastic monkey penises"?
if dealing only with an elementary abstraction of culture i think we can still affirm that it's not one size fits all.

china is a nation which has instituted policies to limit childbirth, meanwhile in the u.s. the mormons are running ads for children to have more babies, and miley cyrus has i guess taken madonna's high priestess thingy.

(oh yes, i was shocked when i heard it.. radio spot on a hiphop station.. guy's at an ice cream store, can't decide which flavour... the clerk is getting mad, and for 30 seconds you're listening to this drivel "i don't know which flavour.." then the clerk gets really angry and says "sir just make up your mind" then the tagline comes in - "life is full of choices - have a baby today... mormonchurchoflds")

no, you got madonna in a jacket with a pyramid on the back. you got people that are incapable of conceiving of life without constant hard ons who are incapable of believing that a rational being could choose anything else. sexuality (and desire) are control mechanisms.

meanwhile, it is absolutely nothing for a protagonist in chinese media to have absolutely no sexual ambition. a man can be respected and be celibate and look at copulation as "meat skeletons, amitabha" and still be the #1 personality in the production.

but basically, it doesn't matter what i write or how much i reference, the west wants to believe it is dragged through life by its genitals and doesn't want to hear any different. hard ons are the capital of the universe in the west. in fact, a lot of guys would start getting "angry" if this were a meatspace convo, and you know a lot of guys would have started saying "fag" after the first sentence or so and tried to beat shit rather than tolerate hearing ideological dissent.

because they can't handle any other idea of life, and no one around them wants them to be different.

for reals, i'm not trying to say some place else has got all their crap figured out (because ppl get pissed off when they hear that), but there is a real problem in western civ. it's not too hard to figure out.

you know when troops go to some new place, they throw out candy. instantly winning the hearts of children, and making friends, informers. well, the rich materialism of the west is basically candyland, materialism as influence. people celebrate their "wealth" without realising that it dominates and possesses them. meanwhile, they spend a lot of time sitting on their ass soaking up dribbly bottom cack and thinknig that people like me are bad and stupid.

fulltimehuman

How about all David Lynch flicks.
Jodorowski was mentioned.
Watch Greaser's Palace by Robert Downey Sr.
or the Magic Christian with Ringo Starr? I'll never forget the scene where all the businessmen are wading thru human waste with handkerchiefs over their faces fighting over dollar bills? Quite the predictive programming on a five year old mind at the time, but I feel in a good way.

I also kind of get all anthropological over Italian Giallo flicks, Vampire Nun flicks can be fun- watch Vampiros Lesbos- and there are so many weird foreign flicks out there.How about the russian movie Mongol? It was sooooo insanely shot. Let's not get into watching Japanese western themed sit-coms on youtube. their twist on how they think they interact with our culture fed back to some who may not ever even come here. Well, take a few domer's and go on youtube and search "from Oregon with love' the story of the intrepid female japanese immigrant 18 wheel logging truck driver and the small town in Oregon that fell in love with her gentle and noble character.But I digress.