What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

Ncali

Veteran
@dubi she may look like Panama, but she smells like the best Tikal, sandalwood, sweet citrus like orange or acidic fruit, very very nice! No lemon like Panama haha. Love the Central American. Many thanks. You guys recently do any more work with either Honduras, Tikal, or any other American sativa types?

Currently growing Tikal. Finally made it into the Soil. indoor. Got 2 phenos. One is fast flowering around 75days this cycle, wherryou can clearly see the kush/haze heritage.
Second one was a beast to keep at a certain hight. Clearly the honduras genes pushing trough there. Have 5 Seeds left. Hoping for a male to get f2!

Smoked the kush/haze pheno and was positivly surprised. Ver nice sativa high. Long lasting, relaxing. Creativity is flowing for sure. Def. Should have grown earlier.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@dubi she may look like Panama, but she smells like the best Tikal, sandalwood, sweet citrus like orange or acidic fruit, very very nice! No lemon like Panama haha. Love the Central American. Many thanks. You guys recently do any more work with either Honduras, Tikal, or any other American sativa types?

Sounds :yummy: Please, keep us updated during her second half of flowering.

Regarding American Sativas, last years i've working on a few really nice Oaxacan hybrids, but they have not been commercially released yet.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag @Frank gallagher :)

Glad to read you are enjoying the outcome of your Tikal regular pack!
Tikal's cerebral, happy, kind and uplifting effects really improve mood, laugh, energy, social interacting and creativity. Feel free to share some pics if you feel like.

I'll post some picture soon. The kush pheno is already curing.

Sativa pheno is starting to stack up and bud out quiet nicely!

Oaxaca Hybrids sound interesting, what did you cross it with? I have some seeds from a Trip to Oaxaca from 3yrs ago.

Did you also work on Panama? crossed her with Afghan has plant from barneys which turned out very nice.
Big fan of the Zamaldelica and the Golden TIger ofc.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Oaxaca 79 was crossed with Panama, A5 Haze and Kali China.

We have been working extensively with Panama for more than 20 years, and we offer plenty Panama hybrids.
Now you mention it, this year we have tested Panama crossed with ErdPurt Afghani with very good results.

Tikal, sativa/guatemala phenotype. Flowering for 75 days.

Grown in a 3,6L Pot (organic, recycled soil) under LED
Tikal_2.jpg (early stages)
IMG_1798.jpg , IMG_1800.jpg , IMG_1797.jpg

Ncali

Veteran

Regarding American Sativas, last years i've working on a few really nice Oaxacan hybrids, but they have not been commercially released yet.
I'd be happy to do a growshow test of anything you consider a "nice oaxacan". Much love dubi

Ncali

Veteran
What a beauty @Ncali :yummy: I imagine woody, floral, meaty incensey terps on this one.
Orange too! Maybe? Maybe that's the floral component. But woody yes, spice/incense yes. Definitely two sided smells, sweet/soft and wood/spice. I love it so far. Excited to see what she brings to the smoke.

1st release was a NL Haze × Guatemala - technically a polyhybrid, rather than F1, as an F1 is a cross between two inbred lines.
2nd release was a backcross to Guatemala.
More details are in the 1st pages of this thread.
you're mixing things up in genetic terminology. "F1" refers to the generation, while "polyhybrid" describes the complexity of the traits being inherited. So no selection has been done to further isolate certain traits. thanks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Frank gallagher

@Ras Kali Rasta is correct. A F1 hybrid is a direct cross betweem 2 different inbred lines. Tikal started as a poly hybrid between a NL Haze female found in bagseed in NL, pollinated by a pure Guatemala male. Then the strawberry incensey pheno appeared. The poly hybrid was backcrossed to pure Guatemala and then inbred a few generations, and the peach incensey expression came out as well.

Hi @Frank gallagher

@Ras Kali Rasta is correct. A F1 hybrid is a direct cross betweem 2 different inbred lines. Tikal started as a poly hybrid between a NL Haze female found in bagseed in NL, pollinated by a pure Guatemala male. Then the strawberry incensey pheno appeared. The poly hybrid was backcrossed to pure Guatemala and then inbred a few generations, and the peach incensey expression came out as well.
thanks for the reply :good: Very interesting.
F1 still has nothing to do with it being hybrid whatsoever. Just says it's the first generation of this strain.At least not in human genetics (my dayjob)

I harvested the Kush/Haze Pheno around day 70
The Guatemala Pheno fell today. 87 Days

Ncali

Veteran
This is Tikal hondo finishing up! I think I want her to finish one more "wave" of new pistil before I chop her down. She smells lovely. Structure is excellent considering her lineage, I think this is a great selection so far. Proof, however, is in the smoke. I'll report back in a few weeks.

If you guys want more Tikal, I have a couple of Tikal female sharing same tent with this Tikal cross. They are longer flowering, but no less lovely in thier own way. Documented HERE
20231101_200923-jpg.18913517