What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

tolerance necessary to benefit from mmj?

mrenigma

hi. ive been self-medicating for a long time and find that in order to benefit from cannabis i need to have a substantial tolerance. smoking on no tolerance makes me hungry, makes it hard for me think linearly, and can exacerbate my anxiety. for me, smoking on no tolerance is not conducive to productivity or happiness.

also, this is not a dosage issue. i have tried to simply dose less after involuntary tolerance breaks but find positive effects overshadowed by negatives regardless of dose. i find that eating very, very low dose edibles CAN be beneficial on no tolly tho...

i was thinking this could be cbd related... like maybe i benefit mostly from the effects of cbd, and only with tolerance to thc can i benefit from cannabis (?)

has anyone had a similar experience/can anyone explain this phenomenon?

S

strandloper

I know what you mean.

I experience the same thing. When I have no tolerance weed is like a mild psychedelic for me. It's destabilizing.

Can't say I don't enjoy it. I like to trip

S

strandloper

For me. The medical benefits come at high doses. I need to consume at least 300mg to 500mg a day of edibles.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
That seems like a lot..

That seems like a lot..

For me. The medical benefits come at high doses. I need to consume at least 300mg to 500mg a day of edibles.

But then I have been eating 300mg a day for six months. I have a really high tolerance.

I am recovering from Lower Anterior Resection for Rectal Cancer Surgery (Dec 30th) after 6 weeks of Radiation and Chemotherapy Treatment.

I was taking 60mg Indica Cookies with a 200mg Motrin and I was able to handle the pain very well.

They gave me 30 X Percocet 5/325 for the pain during recovery. Today I am augmenting with 60mg Indica Cookies. :woohoo: I'll let you know how it goes.

Right no I am pretty medicated :wave: They enhance effectiveness and increase effective time of the Percocet.

I make my edibles with CocoCanna Oil I make myself. It is really effective for my pain.

Thanks for the thread

I know what you mean. I'm on humira for Crohn's Disease and for me, the burning sensation from the meds last a few hours. Normally I could smoke the burning sensation would subside and my abdominal muscles finally relax but when my tolerance is low, smoking during those attacks usually ends with me puking my brains out in the bathroom.

I don't really eat edibles anymore but on a normal day I'm smoking about 3 grams of flower(even more when I'm having bad attacks) and about a half gram of full melt hash(while it lasts) so my tolerance is usually fairly high

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts