What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Milky Buns (glazed doughnut ice cream sandwiches...sort of)

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Ahh Milky Buns, the new rage Orange County...and quite the sensation!

Your choice of "artist" ice cream and toppings stuffed into a glazed (angelfood) doughnut.

They sold over 300,000 so far....
milkybun2.png

Who would have thought....

http://www.yelp.com/biz/afters-ice-cream-fountain-valley

http://aftersicecream.com/

waveguide

Veteran
back in college someone amazed us all with his ability to combine "unlikely" foods.. eg. the peanut butter and cheese sandwich. omg! it's the pope held upside down.

jim's donut pie (for high school/college age chefs)

donut pie
some packs of mini chocolate donuts from a gas station or something
graham cracker pie crust
whipped cream (aerosol kind)

put all the mini donuts in/on the pie crust. adhere the lot together with whipped cream. put the lot in the freezer for a half hour or so to serve. in the meantime, suck the propellant out of the whipped cream and do shots of ouzo.

compared to strictly eating things straight out of packages, donut pie makes a considerably more substantial treat. adolescent stoner recommended.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
I like kicking things up a notch or two--I've had a burger with glazed doughnuts as the bun, hoo-yah! Of course I am sure everyone has tried a sliced croissant instead of bread in their French Toast, double hoo-yah!

But if you never tried an a ice cream sandwich packed a glazed doughnut with crazy ass toppings, it is pure heaven (Fruit Loops topping was crazy good). Great idea for simple summer party, pickup a dozen Krispy Kreme, make some homemade ice cream and layout some crazy toppings (fruit, breakfast cereals, nuts, Scharffenberger chocolates & nibs, you know normal crazy shit)...and that should satisfy everyone's munchies and sugar jones.

Someone told me I should try a battered & deep fried Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut that is dusted with powdered sugar...supposedly it is off the chart. Don't know if my old ticker could handle it...lol.

Pendleton

E420, I saw the title "glazed doughnut ice cream sandwiches" and not the subforum and was about to have a meltdown thinking someone was claiming they had a strain with that taste.