What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you have Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome?

bobblehead

Veteran
G`day Bobble

What I`m asking is do you have statistical data to support your diagnosis ?
Anecdotes are only part of diagnosis no ? Seems everytime I visit a doctor they want to run some tests ...
Other than that its a hunch ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

A medical diagnosis is quantified by tests. I am not a MD. A nursing diagnosis is based off observation as well as anecdotal evidence.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that cali has had medical mj the past 20 yrs and we're just now hearing about CH within the past 10yrs. Cannabis use it at its highest level in history. Research will always lag behind. Its difficult to get federal funding for cannabis research, and most research is funded by the federal gvmt. I can't produce the research that doesn't exist yet. There are many conditions that exist that have yet to be studied.

It isn't just a hunch when chronic cannabis use leads to hyperemesis, and is resolved upon cessation of cannabis consumption. Would it be nice to have lab values for plasma thc levels when the symptoms occur? Absolutely... But its not necessary to make a diagnosis.

Thanks for keeping it civil.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
It isn't just a hunch when chronic cannabis use leads to hyperemesis, and is resolved upon cessation of cannabis consumption.

No... but it would help significantly to know which strains and cannabinoid profiles this is happening with and the diets of the people having the issue.

There could be a direct link between something like some energy drink ingredient consumption and high thc, low cbd consumption in vast quantities...

I seriously doubt it's going to turn out to be 'just' regular old cannabis that's causing this issue. I can definitely see it turning out to be a problem with strains of cannabis with whacked cannabinoid profiles though.

Need more input... lol

Keep it Clean! :D

bobblehead

Veteran
Throw energy drinks out the window imo... They speed up the metabolism and would cause the thc to be excreted from the body faster. Cbd lowers plasma thc levels or at least slows the release of thc from what I understand, so yes, the high thc low cbd profiles are the issue. You are correct. People wanna get high.

Raho

Veteran
Sometimes when I smoke, a lot of saliva is generated, really fast.
I spit it out.
I can see how that could be related to stomach/cough/gag.

So much manipulation of the science.
Why should the cost of treatment show up in the first 3 lines of a study like that?
Hidden costs of legalization to the public is the business case they are making there.

wallywombat

Hi there guys thought I would share my story im a medical user in Australia , I have was diagnosid with Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome when I was 17 anyways im now in my early twentys and afters years of in out of hospitals and doctors not having a fucking clue whats going on , there now trying to say I have CVS (cyclic vomiting syndrome) anyways its all bullshit I hate western medicine, I have found a way to control my episodes/pain in the morning(minimalize them ) to the point where im not getting in and out of a bath every 20 minutes to control stomach pain , its called ORGANIC CANNABIS, grow ORGANIC or don't GROW at ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!! peace to everyone

TheCleanGame

Veteran
wombat said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Throw energy drinks out the window imo... They speed up the metabolism and would cause the thc to be excreted from the body faster. Cbd lowers plasma thc levels or at least slows the release of thc from what I understand, so yes, the high thc low cbd profiles are the issue. You are correct. People wanna get high.
[/FONT]

The energy drinks was just an example of a possible contributor. lol What you say about the reaction between cbd and thc makes a lot of sense...

Going to be very interesting when this is all hammered out. :D

Hi there guys thought I would share my story im a medical user in Australia , I have was diagnosid with Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome when I was 17 anyways im now in my early twentys and afters years of in out of hospitals and doctors not having a fucking clue whats going on , there now trying to say I have CVS (cyclic vomiting syndrome) anyways its all bullshit I hate western medicine, I have found a way to control my episodes/pain in the morning(minimalize them ) to the point where im not getting in and out of a bath every 20 minutes to control stomach pain , its called ORGANIC CANNABIS, grow ORGANIC or don't GROW at ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!! peace to everyone
Yeah... the hot bath thing gets old... hell on electronics too!

Organic cannabis? Were you able to grow the same cut organically and no-organic and have a different reaction??

Rromack

Wallywombat, can you specify what exactly makes your product "organic"? I ask because the azadirachtin based pesticides are OMRI certified for organic crop production.

wallywombat

I use pure neem oil it's 100% organic only pesticide I use. I started to suspect the commercial green I was smoking was making me sick .

Rromack

Was any of that commercial green marketed as organic? If dispensaries are falsely advertising their product as safe, this might have major implications for medical patients looking for the cleanest source possible.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid too. I think you are little confused about how they work. They all work by stimulating the CB1 or CB2 repeptors in the brain and body. I actually use a daily CBD supplement (Cibdex) made by Hemp Inc (they are the largest producers or pure CBD in the world). I met them at the Green Festival last month and bought some of their products.

Cibadex_CBD.jpg

---------

So I spoke with my doctor, and he said that if you are loosing weight and not trying to, then something is wrong.

He told me to record every bit of cannabinoids I use - all the edibles, sublinguals, pills, tinctures, plus the amount of herb and extracts and then reduce my usage until I feel better.

Sounds like a plan.

My problems is I get hella crampy in my stomach, and have no appetite. When i do eat, I just eat a bite or two and then I am full. By the end of the night my lower stomach really hurts, and I sometimes throw up. A hot shower or lying down helps a lot.

When I think about it, esp after talking to the doctor, I think I am just using way too many canna-products.

I'm gonna stop all edibles and pills and such, and not use any extracts.
I am gonna stop the CBD supplements too.
Not sure why i even use so many, I mean I smoke a shit ton of weed.
These products are for people that don't smoke, not people like me - hourly smokers of Cookies and Kush :)
Think I end up just buying shit just to buy it, all the candies and cookies and chocolate bars look so good and the manufacturers make you think they are good for you.

I don't remember feeling bad when i was just smoking plain old weed.

wallywombat

there are no dispensaries in australia, alot of commercial growers tho , to get good pot here you have to know someone , or grow it yourself

wallywombat

Was any of that commercial green marketed as organic? If dispensaries are falsely advertising their product as safe, this might have major implications for medical patients looking for the cleanest source possible.

"commercial green marketed as organic"
in australia your lucky to know what your getting, its tough in some areas. some areas you can find the sweetest sativas ever, its a hit or miss game here / anyways i think you misunderstood me. :tiphat:

wallywombat

[/QUOTE]
So I spoke with my doctor, and he said that if you are loosing weight and not trying to, then something is wrong.

He told me to record every bit of cannabinoids I use - all the edibles, sublinguals, pills, tinctures, plus the amount of herb and extracts and then reduce my usage until I feel better.

Sounds like a plan.

My problems is I get hella crampy in my stomach, and have no appetite. When i do eat, I just eat a bite or two and then I am full. By the end of the night my lower stomach really hurts, and I sometimes throw up. A hot shower or lying down helps a lot.

When I think about it, esp after talking to the doctor, I think I am just using way too many canna-products.

I'm gonna stop all edibles and pills and such, and not use any extracts.
I am gonna stop the CBD supplements too.
Not sure why i even use so many, I mean I smoke a shit ton of weed.
These products are for people that don't smoke, not people like me - hourly smokers of Cookies and Kush :)
Think I end up just buying shit just to buy it, all the candies and cookies and chocolate bars look so good and the manufacturers make you think they are good for you.

I don't remember feeling bad when i was just smoking plain old weed.[/QUOTE]

hahaha sorry to laugh man but this sounds exactly like me to the point its funny ive lost alot of weight , but as i said all this has changed since i only what ive grown now , seeing i know whats gone into the product, anyways can i ask what strains your smoking are they organic ? indoor outdoor ? . my condition is 95% better when i stick to 100% outdoor organic

bobblehead

Veteran
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid too. I think you are little confused about how they work. They all work by stimulating the CB1 or CB2 repeptors in the brain and body. I actually use a daily CBD supplement (Cibdex) made by Hemp Inc (they are the largest producers or pure CBD in the world). I met them at the Green Festival last month and bought some of their products.

Funny, I don't feel confused... :D yet.

You only have so many CB1 and 2 receptors in the body. THC and CBD each have their own effects on those receptors, and only so much of each can be attached to each receptor. That's why you can reach a "ceiling" where you keep smoking but don't get more high. Anyway, when you introduce both CBD and THC, they compete with each other, and you have competitive inhibition.

Given anecdotal evidence of CBD keeping the high more mellow and longer lasting, and pure THC to be a sudden rush followed by a subsequent crash, I'm willing to speculate that CBD has a higher affinity for the CB1 and 2 receptors, keeping the THC in the blood longer before being metabolized. Haven't read the research to confirm that.

You're total cannabinoid consumption is much higher than mine. I bet that if you clean yourself out a bit, and only use the CBD when you feel nauseous, the nausea will subside. Definitely gotta lower the THC level though... ha ha... That's my problem, when I'm eating medibles and I'm high as a fucking kite 24/7. Then I go to smoke, and :puke:

TheCleanGame

Veteran
:yeahthats
Harlequin is 8%CBD and only 6% THC and believe me... it's a 'mellow' and not a stone or high that's anything like I've been used to for 25 years. Never had my brain working so well as when I had some of that...

I have no idea what hemp-derived cbd products are like... just what the cannabis with lots of cbd is like. :)

And again... unless you know exactly what's going in and on the cannabis you're getting from others, the symptoms of organic azadirachtin products produce the same stomach cramping and eventual puking.

Would be interesting to find out what strains folks are toking up that are clean of aza products and still causing the hyperemesis issue.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Are there are dispensaries in Australia?

G`day Bobble

Jeez you US guys are so US centric .
Look outside the US borders bro .
No! we don`t have fcking dispensaries . We can`t even access MMJ .

Tony Bower went to jail for producing MMJ for patients .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

yujin

G`day Bobble

Jeez you US guys are so US centric .
Look outside the US borders bro .
No! we don`t have fcking dispensaries . We can`t even access MMJ .

Tony Bower went to jail for producing MMJ for patients .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Haha, that's the thing that my friend and his wife said they would miss the most about living here in California. How much cannabis was just accepted out here. They just moved back to NSW after working here for 18 months. Now he says "it's back into the closet".

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Haha, that's the thing that my friend and his wife said they would miss the most about living here in California. How much cannabis was just accepted out here. They just moved back to NSW after working here for 18 months. Now he says "it's back into the closet".

G`day Yujin

As you probably know , laws vary greatly from state to state .
Court to court .
In NSW more than 2 plants indoors and they class it as a commercial op and you may be jailed without bail .
Qld under 100 plants not considered commercial . ??

We are a long way off from MMJ here yet .

Thanks for sharin

EB .