What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you have Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome?

Thomas Paine

Veteran
My only goal is to help.

I have had these symptoms too my friends.

I truly fucking wish I didn't... I love weed. The smell, the tastes, the lifestyle (I had dreads down to my ass), growing the beautiful mama marijuana is so rewarding...

I am told that I grow it really well. Check my albums.

My whole life revolves around the good herb.

Sux that it seems to be making me sick.

It honestly makes me want to cry if I think about it.

Thomas Paine

Veteran
@ Rulatone

The reason the synthetics cause the same problems, and are quite a bit more pronounced, is that they are FULL AGONISTS for CB1 & CB2.

Δ9-THC (and the other phytocannabinoids) are only PARTIAL AGONISTS.

I think you may understand this concept even if some others without your background don't.

Basically the synthetics fully stimulate the cannbinoid receptors in the brain - and instantly.

Cannabis and its extracts only partially stimulate them, and it takes time for the effects to be felt.

Please, everyone - do not EVER fuck with the synthetics. They are dangerous as fuck and one of the hardest things in the world to kick.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I can also speak from some level of experience. I grow organically with no pesticides including aza. Recently I've been running low so I went to the local dispensary to re supply. After dealing with stomach cramps for a few days I decided to go back to using my own meds and the symptoms immediately disappeared. I use a vaporizer for carefully titrated doses, so over consumption couldn't be a possibility.

I've never used synthetic cannabinoids, so can't offer any input in that area. Although I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, maybe it's possible that Azadirachtin is being used in the manufacturing process to make cannabis appear harmful. You never know these days. :abduct:
Is it possible that azadirachtin products are being used to grow the herbs that the spice chems are being sprayed on?

Really... 'cause the number of growers ingesting huge amounts of cannabis has been pretty large in Cali for almost 2 decades and only in the last decade have we seen Hyperemesis becoming an issue.

Considering that these doctors don't know anything about pesticides and that the 'cannabis' of these heavy users is not being tested... (for pesticide or cannabinoid profiles) I'd say there's still a huge question mark out there.

The facts are that it's definitely happening... and when you slip into a hot bath and have that massive tension and pain ease off... you really know you're in a world of hurt.

I'm betting that if it is indeed strictly cannabinoid related (and that azadirachtin just happens to create 'similar' issues) that there's going to be a link between almost no CBD in the cannabis being used by all these folks.

Time will tell.

Keep it Clean! :D

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Cannabinoids are causing cannabinoid hypermemis period.

There is no neem sprayed on synthetic cannabinoids. I used to smoke them PURE, just like dabs. No base plant material, pure chem.

I ordered it directly form the chemical supply house, at 99.5%+ purity.

Should I post pictures of the bags of chem to prove it?

--------

Jeez people - stop looking at weed with rose-colored glasses.
Sure, it has many beneficial properties.

But chronic abuse can cause major health issues.

Just because you don't experience it, doesn't mean other don't.

If someone with a bee allergy complains about getting sick and needing help after getting stung, I don't say "it's all in your mind" because I don't have the same allergy.

Piel

Veteran
There probably is such a thing, lotsa people have problems with alchohol etc but a "serious burden to the healthcare system"? Gimme a break. Reefer madness. Republican brainwashing.

TheCleanGame

Veteran

There is no neem sprayed on synthetic cannabinoids. I used to smoke them PURE, just like dabs. No base plant material, pure chem.

That's interesting...

So I'm going to stick with my theory that it's the HUGE amounts of THC and/or THC 'like' compounds... WITHOUT CBD... that are causing the issue.

I'm looking forward to what happens when someone having this issue is given a massive dose of CBD. I'm guessing it'll reverse the effects.

Nice to know that the Azadirachtin issue is just similar. Just as big of a problem (maybe bigger) but not the same.

Prohibition for $800 Bob...

The aza problem is a direct result of prohibition and so is the problem of cannabis strains with almost no CBD in them.

You watch... balanced cannabinoid profiles are going to turn out to be the healthiest choice for people in the long run. I'm actually kinda waiting for these people treating their kids with 24% CBD and almost no THC strains to also experience some weird issues with their kids.

Nature is about balance... you push things too far in one direction and she will slap you silly with a crowbar.

Keep it Clean! :D

Rromack

--------

If someone with a bee allergy complains about getting sick and needing help after getting stung, I don't say "it's all in your mind" because I don't have the same allergy.

Sorry I didn't mean to pull the conspiracy card, I just thought it was strange that the both symptoms are so similar.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran

--------

Just lost cred there........pure chem huh......spicehead.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Im going with some fert. Or aza as being the culprit. As i only burn my own herb an when in a blue moon i get a dispo 1/8 its 8 outta 10 times im gettn sick from it. Imho.

bobblehead

Veteran
my garden is 100% organic, and I don't use neem or its extracts. I almost exclusively smoke my meds. I sometimes have CH.

Saying that cannabis can't lead to hyperemesis because you don't think so is like me saying I don't think arthritis exists, I just needed a piece of my shoulder cut out because it got really sore.... Lol

Its chemistry and physiology.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
my garden is 100% organic, and I don't use neem or its extracts. I almost exclusively smoke my meds. I sometimes have CH.

Saying that cannabis can't lead to hyperemesis because you don't think so is like me saying I don't think arthritis exists, I just needed a piece of my shoulder cut out because it got really sore.... Lol

Its chemistry and physiology.

G`day BH

So is that your professional medical opinion ?
You`ve studied Pharma and now you can diagnose ??
I think your deluded bro .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bobblehead

Veteran
Lol it is my professional medical opinion... I've had the training to understand how drugs work in the body. They even trust me to take care of sick people and administer medication in a hospital setting! Maybe you're part of the miasm and evil spirits being the root of disease crowd... Idk. I'm just sharing the facts.

Just b/c you don't suffer from CH doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've experienced the symptoms personally.

T

Tumpuh

i fuckin cough , puke , almost shit myself after i dab , lol but not this bad , i do get some dry heave sometimes too.its fuckin smoke going in our bodies , of course we will cough and shart ourselves sometimes.

You are inhaling vapor when you dab, not smoke.

RonSmooth

Veteran
...i'm near 60 years old and i've been a daily, heavyish smoker since 1969 and i've smoked up with a LOT of stoners over the years and from one coast of America to another, and i've never known ANYONE who suffered from this 'syndrome'.

...i suppose there are some in the worlds population capable of smoking enough to get this sick but i seriously doubt it's anything anyone needs to even consider in deciding whether cannabis is a good thing or not.

...so i call bullshit, i say this 'doctor' had an agenda and produced a 'study' that would 'prove' his preconceived ideas, ...this isn't science it's pseudo-science and should therefore be ignored.

...that's my take on it anyway, your beliefs may vary.

peace, bozo

Another symptom of heavy marijuana consumption is uncontrollable, gratuitous and improper usage of ellipses...

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Lol it is my professional medical opinion... I've had the training to understand how drugs work in the body. They even trust me to take care of sick people and administer medication in a hospital setting! Maybe you're part of the miasm and evil spirits being the root of disease crowd... Idk. I'm just sharing the facts.

Just b/c you don't suffer from CH doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I've experienced the symptoms personally.

G`day Bobble

Dunno if your understanding of administration of pharmaceutical drugs qualifies you to diagnose CH ?
Yes you may have had symptoms . Do you have any scientific data to qualify it ?
And no I don`t this miasma and evil spirits are the root of disease . Though I do think we are all victims of the human condition that causes us to suffer unnecessarily .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bobblehead

Veteran
Medical diagnosis (often simply termed diagnosis) refers to both the process of attempting to determine or identify a possible disease or disorder (and diagnosis in this sense can also be termed (medical) diagnostic procedure), and to the opinion reached by this process (also being termed (medical) diagnostic opinion). From the point of view of statistics the diagnostic procedure involves classification tests. It is a major component of, for example, the procedure of a doctor's visit.

A nursing diagnosis may be part of the nursing process and is a clinical judgement about individual, family, or community experiences/responses to actual or potential health problems/life processes. Nursing diagnoses are developed based on data obtained during the nursing assessment.

An actual nursing diagnosis presents a problem response present at time of assessment.

There are different types of diagnosis, and yes, I am allowed to diagnose. Hyperemesis is generally related to pregnancy, and so I don't have a NANDA approved diagnosis, but if I did, it would read "hyperemesis related to excessive cannabinoid ingestion as evidenced by excessive vomiting, increased salivation, and abdominal cramping post cannabis consumption."

Edit: NANDA approved nursing diagnosis would be "nausea related to cannabis consumption as evidenced by gagging, vomiting and increased salivation post cannabis consumption."

"Nausea usually precedes vomiting, but may be experienced after vomting or when vomiting does not occur"

nursing diagnosis handbook, judith m wilkinson pg 477

Last edited:

Thomas Paine

Veteran
Just lost cred there........pure chem huh......spicehead.

Yes i was def a "Spicehead"

However, with God's help I was able to beat that bitch of a poison, and will never ever smoke it again.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day Bobble

What I`m asking is do you have statistical data to support your diagnosis ?
Anecdotes are only part of diagnosis no ? Seems everytime I visit a doctor they want to run some tests ...
Other than that its a hunch ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .