What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So this cant be good??? Any sugestions?

So I have a couple of pictures to show you. I have 6 babies and Need some help as this is my first grow and am trying to make everything run smooth. now I've heard about nutes deficiency and bugs but I was looking for a pro perspective on these. One plant has what looks like a white spot and a couple do have holes in the fan leaves one looks bitten almost but I have checked over and under and see no sign of any bugs. Advice plz?
I am growing with FF Happy Frog and my grow room is 100% sealed from the inside

Here are some pics of what I am talking about

Attachments

• IMAG0718.jpg
    IMAG0718.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0717.jpg
    IMAG0717.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 11

Americangrower

Veteran
Is the plant purple or is that just the light? I think the white spot is just bleaching, maybe light related. I don't see any telltale signs of pest but it is hard for me to say for sure under that led.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I don't think it's anything to worry about. Damage like the first picture can happen from anything like bumping them too hard or pinching them moving plants around. My biggest piece of advice is to not smother them with too much love since it's your first grow. Cannabis is a weed after all and she will grow given everything she needs. :yes:

Ok. Heres a better view

Ok. Heres a better view

This is what I am dealing with and I have no clue what the cause may be. Really mind boggling can't find an answer

Attachments

• IMAG0724.jpg
    IMAG0724.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0723.jpg
    IMAG0723.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0722.jpg
    IMAG0722.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0721.jpg
    IMAG0721.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0720.jpg
    IMAG0720.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAG0719.jpg
    IMAG0719.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9

Floridian

Veteran
Missing a hunk of a fan leaf isn't normal or mechanical.The last time I had a problem like that the culprit was green catepillars.They love to munch on fans and especially burrow into the main stalk and bulk up.I had to remove them with a hemastat,tweezers wouldn't get in there,and when you mushed them they were full of green ooze.They bulk up quick.I never ever considered a common house moth as being a possible cannabis pest but they sure taught me otherwise.They lay their eggs and the pillars go a munchin.At this point Safer caterpillar product is just too late,you have to find them and remove them by hand.The first pic of the fan leaf missing a hunk is exactly what I experienced.I could be mistaken but check the undersides of all leaves and look closely at the main stalk for holes.Moths suck lol

I've checked for the last 3 nights. Under the fan leafs, the main stem looks fine. No holes in the main stock no sign of a criitter. Going crazy trying to figure what it is. It isn't doing that much damage to the plant.....yet feeling like THCSI investigating this

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Looks like mechanical damage. If you have a fan directly owing on them maybe move it.

Bingo. Nothing to sweat. Leaves turn a million colors and dimple and mottle and dip and turn and fray. It could literally be anything. When an entire plants turns to shit then we can discuss the mystery. You're doing fine my friend

Americangrower

Veteran
Yeah I don't see anything on your plants but it wouldn't hurt to buy some neem oil and spray the whole plant since it's in veg, on top and bottom of all leaves.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
it would be helpful if you could post a couple pics of the plant from further away so we can see the whole plant and judge overall health but just based on what you've already posted i'd say you're stressing over nothing at all.

...keep in mind that these are living organisms that are subject to blemishes so no plant will be perfect in every leaf.

...as a new grower you'll need to get in the habit of careful observation of your plants to guage overall health but you can't freak out every time you see a 'zit'.

...i would strongly recommend you get yourself a magnifier also as many of the pests we encounter are very small, i have several i've bought over the years but this one is my favorite.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D...AVB1HYACRJ0AYT1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

peace, bozo

oh yeah, here's a couple shots of some mites and their eggs under magnification, 60x maybe?, and some of the damage they cause. ...note that the eggs are different colors, the more transparent the egg the newer it is, the darker ones are closer to hatching.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

..this is what happens at the end and illustrates why they are called 'spider' mites.

picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I edited my post. You are correct, that post came off pretty rude. I get tired of people responding without reading the initial question.

Not your fault and I apologize.

I meant a fan blowing strongly on a plant without ostalating can cause leaves to rip. I have even seen plants with such pH issues taco and rip.

Shit happens moving plants or up potting, no matter how careful you are. I have also seen cats take bites out of fan leaves.

As far as the boogieman, well that comes from unexplainable crap that happens in the garden. Who knows how it happened but it did lol.

Sorry for the assholish post before.

Vibes

Sorry guys yes I did have a fan somewhat directly on them at one point so I moved it so air is only circualting the room.. I will post an update tonight with some more pics I'm sorry I do work alot so my typing may seem random. I have a magnifying glass. A small one. I have been budgeting my way through so far picking up the essential needs on the way as well as learning. Without the help from forums I don't think I would've tended to MJ as well at this point so thank you to all of you very much.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...i think that you'll find over time that a magnifying glass won't cut it, it doesn't magnify enough and it's a real pain to work with.

...that magnifier i linked to above has 2 different powers, 30x and 60x, plus it's lighted, ...even better, it only costs $12.00.

...i broke into this hobby so broke i couldn't afford to spend the night so i understand being on a budget, in the beginning i built shit 'cause i couldn't afford to buy shit, but some jobs just require the right tool and this is one of those instances.

peace, bozo

G

Gr33nSanta

your lights are too close, did you foliar spray and not dimmed down the lights^? dont worry about but really I can see you are using LEDs and common mistake beginners make with LEDs is have them way too close to the plants.

Any beginners growing with LEDs should have the lights no closer than 30'' until they are 3 weeks into flower than you can take it to 20'' from the tops. That applies to almost any LEDs on the market currently.

Sorry buds had a late night at work just took these pics this morning

Attachments

• IMAG0737.jpg
    IMAG0737.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0736.jpg
    IMAG0736.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0735.jpg
    IMAG0735.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0734.jpg